Here's A QB Question ?? In Lock out Mode !!

Seeing as the Bills will be looking for some one in the QB position to be a veteran back up that has (in fans eyes) no real possibility of taking over the starting job in Buffalo & someone they could get for a decent price.

I was just wondering (in the boredom of the lock out) with Gailey's way of being able to work with & seemingly bring out the best in QB's what the followers or the Bills faithful would think .

IF GAILEY BROUGHT IN LOSMAN to be the veteran back up ?? After all i seemed to remember reading some where that Losman went to a gathering of players (possibly in Az.) at Fitz first gathering to throw a few passes .

There would be a certain amount of familiarity there between him & Evans (he is a veteran). Under Losman Evans also had his best season & the guy does have an arm .

He is still fairly young , Plus the guy is a winner he won a championship :blush: !!

(DREAM SEQUENCE) 0:)

Would that be a weird story line if Losman came back & with Gailey's coaching became what the Bills thought he was going to be in the first place --------- NAH ! it couldn't happen ----- could it ???

Alright give it to me Bills fans in the loving way you always do !!! Bring on the smoking crack references & hitting my head stuff i'm prepared . Just remember this is my brain on the lock out !!

I've always been a fan of Losman and believe his failure in Buffalo was mainly due to poor coaching. I'd be on board.

I do agree with the fact that Losmans coaching was the main reason why he was horrible. I can still picture JP running for his life in the same way that Trent used to. Dick Jauron was a quarterback killer. Dick and his staff singlehandedly ended the careers of JP and Trent right out of college. I think either one of these guys could have been solid, if not good starting QBs in this league and I myself was a huge JP advocate. The guy had it all and could have been really good under a coach like Gailey. However as we saw last year with Trent, you can't fix someone that was so destroyed for so many years. The answer is, I really liked JP. Thought h le could have been the QB of the future for us, but I don't think he can be fixed. No I don't want him back. Why not make a play for Pryor?

I agree about the poor coaching but why has he not been successful elsewhere?

Jauron perminantly broke him. Just like Cinco

Everyone, and I mean every thinks that Gailey is some great QB guru and he can transform a bad QB into a decent QB, and to some that was reinforced by Ryan Fitzpatrick's play in some games last year.

His job as head coach of the Buffalo Bills is taking away most of his time and ability to be QB coach or mentor to any QB, kinda why he failed to resurrect or improve both Trent Edwards and Brian Brohm and both played like crap last year and were cut-released

For 2002-2007 look at his career at Georgia Tech, in his 6 years there he never managed to beat that teams biggest rival in UGA, never won the ACC, never went to a BCS bowl, never won more then 9 games and never had his teams in the top 25. Name me one big name QB that he developed at GT that came into the NFL?

At KC in 2008 as OC he decided to install a spread offense and although the passing offense improved, the QB Tyler Thigpen was slinging the ball all over in losing efforts much the same way Fitz did last season in Buffalo.

Any QB this team brings in for free agency had better already be pretty good or else they will be a waste of time, don't expect Gailey to coach up anyone.

I agree about the poor coaching but why has he not been successful elsewhere?

Nucci, you are intelligent enough to know the politics that goes into the QB position as well. There are reasons why some QB's like Rich Gannon, Steve Young, Earl Morrall and Kurt Warner were cast offs turned MVP's. It is about the system your team runs, how well you fit it and what kind of support you have.The 4 QB's just mentioned were chewed up, released from their original teams and considered useless before receiving proper coaching and time to develop and learn the system. While JP did not thrive here (save the one season where he showed promise), one can argue that Bills fans and the Bills brass did him a disservice by destroying his confidence by demanding he be benched every time had a bad game. You have a guy that is supposed to be your guy and you should ride the roller coaster with him and let him learn to take his lumps.

That said, I'd take him back as a back up as I think he is better than Levi Brown.

Nix said they may have 4 qbs going into the season, they could bring in JP and another veteran let them compete. If he makes the roster and eventually plays at least we will have another topic to B word about here on TSW,

I wouldn't be opposed to Loss-man as a last resort option, however, I would much rather see us bring in a FA QB like Alex Smith, Seneca Wallace, Marc Bulger, or Tavaris Jackson. I don't have anything against JP and agree (to some degree) with other posters that he may have had more success if he were drafted into a different situation. That being stated, however, we've already seen the loss-man show....time to try something new.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

I love the idea. I was a huge JP supporter and I still am hopeful that he will be able to have a nice career in the NFL. He is a good guy if nothing else and what happened to him in Buffalo was not 100% his fault. As discussed there were some really poor decisions made while he was here. I do remember reading that JP was throwing with some of the Bills, but I believe it was in Buffalo prior to the players week long camp in WNY. He was visiting Lee I think. I posted the link somewhere after I read it on this board. I just went back to it and the site has taken the story down.

Edited by The Cincinnati Kid

Bring back JP Losman? LMAO wtf is wrong with some of you?!

how articulate of you.

Regardless of how Buddy and Chan would feel about JP, I have a hard time believing that he would want to come back to an organization that has already shown that they don't believe in him. Although with the changes in front office and coaching staff who knows.

More JP threads, just when I thought the lock out couldn't get any worse.

Bring JP back; oh good, then he can look like a deer in the headlights when he is trying to take his 7 step drop (although I do get the point that Jarhead ruined him and Trent and pretty much agree, I also think JP was ok as a Bill team guy considering and a Bflo resident). But as an old girlfriend of mine said to me "damaged goods". No Thanks.

I do agree with the fact that Losmans coaching was the main reason why he was horrible. I can still picture JP running for his life in the same way that Trent used to. Dick Jauron was a quarterback killer. Dick and his staff singlehandedly ended the careers of JP and Trent right out of college. I think either one of these guys could have been solid, if not good starting QBs in this league and I myself was a huge JP advocate. The guy had it all and could have been really good under a coach like Gailey. However as we saw last year with Trent, you can't fix someone that was so destroyed for so many years. The answer is, I really liked JP. Thought h le could have been the QB of the future for us, but I don't think he can be fixed. No I don't want him back. Why not make a play for Pryor?

Apparently you haven't read the article on BB.com about Pryor i would much rather have J.P. than him the kid is not worth the effort he'll never be any thing more than a 3rd string QB in the NFL !!

Jauron perminantly broke him. Just like Cinco

how articulate of you.

Regardless of how Buddy and Chan would feel about JP, I have a hard time believing that he would want to come back to an organization that has already shown that they don't believe in him. Although with the changes in front office and coaching staff who knows.

Losman sucks. Nobody believes in him. That clear enough for you? Anyone saying the Bills should bring him back needs to get his/her head checked.

Bring back JP Losman? LMAO wtf is wrong with some of you?!

:thumbsup:

Some of us can still recall the deer in headlights look Losman had in his last season in Buffalo, and in particular his roll out fumble that gave the victory to the Jets when all the Bills had to do was run out the clock.

That play was a clusterfuk between OC Turk Schonert and Losman. The previous plays Marshawn Lynch had made first downs running the ball and all Schonert needed to call were safe hand offs that the Jets had shown they couldn't stop and it was a win for Buffalo. Instead Schonert called for a roll out that was perfectly played by the Jets and they caused him to fumble, they recovered and scored a TD to win the game

So many Bills fans have much built up hatred for Losman and Edwards, and to a degree they deserve it and to a degree they don't. Both those players needed a stalwart O line for protections and a decent tight end as an outlet, and they didn't have either in Buffalo

It would be remarkably stupid to bring back JP Losman to a team that has an inferior line to the one he played behind in his previous stint here.

Seeing as the Bills will be looking for some one in the QB position to be a veteran back up that has (in fans eyes) no real possibility of taking over the starting job in Buffalo & someone they could get for a decent price.

I was just wondering (in the boredom of the lock out) with Gailey's way of being able to work with & seemingly bring out the best in QB's what the followers or the Bills faithful would think .

IF GAILEY BROUGHT IN LOSMAN to be the veteran back up ?? After all i seemed to remember reading some where that Losman went to a gathering of players (possibly in Az.) at Fitz first gathering to throw a few passes .

There would be a certain amount of familiarity there between him & Evans (he is a veteran). Under Losman Evans also had his best season & the guy does have an arm .

He is still fairly young , Plus the guy is a winner he won a championship :blush: !!

(DREAM SEQUENCE) 0:)

Would that be a weird story line if Losman came back & with Gailey's coaching became what the Bills thought he was going to be in the first place --------- NAH ! it couldn't happen ----- could it ???

Alright give it to me Bills fans in the loving way you always do !!! Bring on the smoking crack references & hitting my head stuff i'm prepared . Just remember this is my brain on the lock out !!

Wow dude, Losman really? here's my brain on lockout: Bruce Gradkoski, kid has a ton of Moxi and can make plays and probably wouldn't push to be a starter. Doesn't have great stats ut he's a gamer and would make a great backup for us.