Six teams turn down Hard Knocks. Who's next?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Distraction from what? Perennially losing?

Perhaps this team needs a distraction? :)

We don't need cameras rolling when the Bills are trying to learn how to stop losing. Camp is going to be short enough.

PTR

Buddy Nix has no business declining if offered.

We don't need the distraction.

PTR

Nix better not even pick up the phone, nor should he return that phone call. I would personally love to see the Bills "behind the scenes", but this team is in no position to open it's doors in the middle of trying to flush out a losing culture built on years of ineptitude from the Ownership.

The Bills need to win some games, come in just over .500, and then they can star in it next season.

Distraction from what? Perennially losing?

Perhaps this team needs a distraction? :)

I'm not sure distractions are ever good, but I think I know what you mean. For instance I thought the T.O. signing was perfect for us, obviously I hoped it would have produced better results, but I felt that even if he was a distraction, the team needed a good kick in the pants. I thought even if T.O. went off a time or two it would be good for a player to get pissed off at how things are. But this type of distraction wouldn't be good in my opinion because it would require time, I want every minute spent getting this team back on the tracks.

Nix better not even pick up the phone, nor should he return that phone call. I would personally love to see the Bills "behind the scenes", but this team is in no position to open it's doors in the middle of trying to flush out a losing culture built on years of ineptitude from the Ownership.

The Bills need to win some games, come in just over .500, and then they can star in it next season.

I agree with this sentiment… but I think we'd also all agree that the Bills are VERY far down the list of teams that would actually be asked to do the show.

I think most of us would be shocked if the Bills even had the opportunity to decline.

If there is some $$$ to stuff in Ralphie's wallet, he won't let Nix say no. Besides, maybe if they accepted, someone outside of Bills fans would remember this team exists, maybe they could use the attention?

Yeah Ralph is really worried about his wallet at this point. And you think we should make decisions based on outside attention?

I would love to see the Bills on Hard Knocks, maybe we could learn the secret of who drafted Maybin, the identity of NeverGiveUp, what juice Merriman prefers, and other TBD mysteries.

We aren't going to challenge for a playoff spot so we have nothing to lose.

I would love to see the Bills on Hard Knocks, maybe we could learn the secret of who drafted Maybin, the identity of NeverGiveUp, what juice Merriman prefers, and other TBD mysteries.

Loser attitude. Just what Nix and Gailey are trying to shake off.

PTR

How does being on Hard Knocks promote a loser attitude? The fans get a look into how the team is being run, I cannot see how this is a negative.

If this is the attitude that the team has in deciding to do it, I think that's the definition of a loser attitude.

I can't see the fans seeing how the operation is run as a positive either, and it serves as a distraction to the players and coaches during perhaps the most important time of the season.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

We don't need cameras rolling when the Bills are trying to learn how to stop losing. Camp is going to be short enough.

PTR

I'm assuming you haven't watched a whole season of hard knocks.

I wouldn't really call it a distraction. The camera's are already there.

If anything its extra motivation for these players not to be embarrassed on national television. Most of the focus ends up on players that may be cut, that is the interesting part. Will DeDe Dorsey make the team or go back to some semi-pro league?

They only have limited time with the stars.

I'm sure Jasper would be the focus of Hard Knocks, Buffalo.

It does get national attention. Thats how Crash Dummy and the Terminator got some national attention.

Hell the only season the Bengals won the division was the year after they were in Hard Knocks.

Being on Hard Knocks will not retard or distract from the rebuilding of this organization, I really don't understand how it could.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I heard that the Bills were offered the chance to appear on the HBO special but our GM would only agree if the title was changed to "Hard Nix" and the show was centered around Buddy's side venture, an herbal male enhancement pill called "Babymaker." HBO has yet to respond.