Jairus Byrd

Yes, hopefully the opposing teams QB continues to throw the ball into his chest.

An int is an int. Whether the other QB threw it right to his chest or he jumped 10 ft off the ground to intercept the ball, a stat is a stat. Guess what, Dirty Sanchiez should have had another 15 interceptions this past year, but all the D Backs whom he threw the ball too, dropped it... But they didn't!

Where do you draw the line once you begin playing the what if and/or the woulda, shoulda, coulda game.

Edited by saundena

The surgeries are yesterday's news but it is laughable that his dad has to track the phone calls and other conversations they have. Management is even more paranoid than I thought.

"hey dad pass me a beer"

"son don't you know I cannot use or hear that word when you are around?"

An int is an int. Whether the other QB threw it right to his chest or he jumped 10 ft off the ground to intercept the ball, a stat is a stat. Guess what, Dirty Sanchiez should have had another 15 interceptions this past year, but all the D Backs whom he threw the ball too, dropped it... But they didn't!

Where do you draw the line once you begin playing the what if and/or the woulda, shoulda, coulda game.

+1, it was pretty frustrating to watch Sanchez get away with throwing all those awful passes...Only to get praised for his "tremendous improvement" in his TD/INT ratio...

Hopefully Byrd (and the rest of our defense for that matter), can get and stay healthy. We need him, especially with the possibility of a secondary "rebuilding" of sorts...

Now that this line of thinking is out there (true or not), it won't go away. Just ask Schobel how little sacks can matter.

Yes, hopefully the opposing teams QB continues to throw the ball into his chest.

:lol: C'mon man! He takes great angles to get into position to make plays on the ball. Too bad he tackles like Deon Saunders.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

:lol: C'mon man! He takes great angles to get into position to make plays on the ball. Too bad he tackles like Deon Saunders.

Who is Deon Saunders? Byrd had 3 forced fumbles this past season...Ask Peyton Hillis what he thinks of Byrd's tackling.

It's funny how being in the right place at the right time has been chalked up to dumb luck. Could instincts and positioning possibly factor in to the equation? What cannot be ignored is Byrd more than doubled Donte's career production in one season. Why aren't opposing QBs throwing the ball into Donte's chest all the time? Some guys make their own luck, get on a roll, it happens.

"A lot of people tell me what I can't do. I wasn't supposed to be here. I've carried that with me for a while, and it's grown like a fire. I'm just ready to go."

What does he exactly mean by this statement? Specifically, about "I wasn't suppose to be here"? On the Buffalo Bills? In the NFL? In Elma?

Edited by kas23

It's funny how being in the right place at the right time has been chalked up to dumb luck. Could instincts and positioning possibly factor in to the equation? What cannot be ignored is Byrd more than doubled Donte's career production in one season. Why aren't opposing QBs throwing the ball into Donte's chest all the time? Some guys make their own luck, get on a roll, it happens.

It's certainly "dumb," but not (entirely) "luck."

I would be lying if I said it does not concern me.....and Searcy ends up making even more sense in that case. Not because Searcy plays Byrds spot but because we have some other safeties that can slide over from strong to free.

I personally think Byrd is a heck of a player when healthy......when he is healthy

Edited by John from Hemet

That he's had 3 groin surgeries in the last 13 months?

From Tim Graham's ESPN blog:

http://espn.go.com/b...ckout-offseason

I usually leave a mans groin alone, I am glad you are up to date on his private area.

Well, my post was about the fact that Byrd has had 3 surgeries in the last 13 months for the same injury… regardless of whether it's a groin, a hamstring, a shoulder, or whatever.

But I'm glad to hear that you usually leave a man's groin alone. Do you make an exception for special occasions?nana.gif

Well, my post was about the fact that Byrd has had 3 surgeries in the last 13 months for the same injury… regardless of whether it's a groin, a hamstring, a shoulder, or whatever.

But I'm glad to hear that you usually leave a man's groin alone. Do you make an exception for special occasions?nana.gif

:lol:

As far my comment about them hitting him in the chest, it was a tongue in cheek remark. I hope Byrd has a great season and continues to improve.

That he's had 3 groin surgeries in the last 13 months?

From Tim Graham's ESPN blog:

http://espn.go.com/b...ckout-offseason

I read where he had groin surgery just before training camp then a 2nd surgery before the season because he had MRSA in the wound. It didn't sound good, and didn't surprise me that he wasn't the same guy last year as in his rookie season. I think it takes time to recover from these things.

Hopefully he is healthy now and can return to his rookie form.

Hopefully he doesn't need any more surgeries and can get better to his rookie year form

Doubt that. While he can still play as massively out of position as he did his rookie year, he'll no longer have Lil' Donte trying to compensate for his retarded play.