Shoulda - Coulda - Woulda !!

There is a really good article on BuffaloWins.com about the fact that Frank Reich was playing better ball leading up to Superbowl 27 . Which got me to thinking .

Could frank Reich have been our Tom Brady ? Did we miss our chance at being one of the best teams of all time ?? And as the articles name says "What If" ??

Now we will never know , but i do know when ever Frank was called on to play for Kelly he usually did a great job !

It's just kind of ironic that the Bills arch rival the New England Patriots had the same situation , they had a first round QB that was suppose to be the face of the franchise & did them proud . As Reich did ! When given the chance Brady changed team history .

So did Reich ! The Bills will have a page in the NFL history books for a couple of things of coarse the obvious, but the one more proud moment is the greatest play off come back in the history of the NFL .

While i'm dreaming just think if Kelly got hurt bad enough to keep him out of SB 27 could we have won with Frank ? YES ! Should we have won with Frank ? OF COARSE ! Would we have won with Frank ? WE WILL NEVER KNOW !! DAMMIT !! :cry:

Edited by T master

There is a really good article on BuffaloWins.com about the fact that Frank Reich was playing better ball leading up to Superbowl 27 . Which got me to thinking .

Could frank Reich have been our Tom Brady ? Did we miss our chance at being one of the best teams of all time ?? And as the articles name says "What If" ??

Now we will never know , but i do know when ever Frank was called on to play for Kelly he usually did a great job !

It's just kind of ironic that the Bills arch rival the New England Patriots had the same situation , they had a first round QB that was suppose to be the face of the franchise & did them proud . As Reich did ! When given the chance Brady changed team history .

So did Reich ! The Bills will have a page in the NFL history books for a couple of things of coarse the obvious, but the one more proud moment is the greatest play off come back in the history of the NFL .

While i'm dreaming just think if Kelly got hurt bad enough to keep him out of SB 27 could we have won with Frank ? YES ! Should we have won with Frank ? OF COARSE ! Would we have won with Frank ? WE WILL NEVER KNOW !! DAMMIT !! :cry:

I think you picked the wrong Super Bowl. The final score of 27 was 52-17. Kelly got knocked out in the 2nd quarter with the score 14-7. Reich led the Bills to a field goal to make the score 14-10, and then the wheels came off, with Frank throwing 2 picks and fumbling 3 times.

You ask would we have won with Frank. Of course, we know the answer. No.

I think you picked the wrong Super Bowl. The final score of 27 was 52-17. Kelly got knocked out in the 2nd quarter with the score 14-7. Reich led the Bills to a field goal to make the score 14-10, and then the wheels came off, with Frank throwing 2 picks and fumbling 3 times.

It's very apparent your reply is based strictly on my post READ THE ARTICLE ON BUFFALO WINS that is the whole premise to this post . That will put my post more in perspective & then you might have a clue of what i was trying to say !! :doh:

Edited by T master

Don't interrupt the man when he's on a roll.

PTR

It's just kind of ironic that the Bills arch rival the New England Patriots had the same situation , they had a first round QB that was suppose to be the face of the franchise & did them proud . As Reich did !

Huh?

Of "coarse", maybe we are all just reading your post--and that's why no one understands your point.

OMG!! Ancient history! Get over it!!!

Not a prayer, which is delicious irony in this one case. And stop your crying, sonny.

Holy Crap what are they putting in that chicken wing sauce in WNY these days?

Edited by BLEDSOE1QB

I am still confused here. Since Frank Reich played most of this game, are you then suggesting that if Frank Reich had started the game from the first snap, we would have won the game? If that's the case then I'll rebut your statement based upon this assumption.

No.

Go back and watch the first quarter, Jim and Andre were rolling, most people forget that early on, the Bills looked sharp, even I did, so I'm not holding that against you. Each year they play all the superbowls on NFL network, and for whatever reason, I watched that game, just to see Don Beebe, and found that the Bills started the game quite well. Once Jim got sacked and lost the ball, that seemed to destroy the team emotionally, and they never took the field looking the same after that.

I suggest you watch this and then come back and post how you feel about Jim Kelly playing in that game.

Reich stepped up and had a few clutch games when Kelly went down, and for that he will always be fan favorite, but there's a reason why he was a career backup. You could maybe make the argument that Reich could have been a decent starter on another team, if you ignore the fact that Reich eventually got a chance to start with the Panthers and Lions and didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Is this phenomenon is unique to Buffalo? Reich has a few solid games and our hall of fame QB is expendable. Enroth has 5 or 6 good games, and its time to trade Miller.

Dude seriously? FRank was the perfect backup, do you not remember how poorly he did in Carolina. Jim was way better than Bledsoe and Frank was no Tom Brady.

Great thread --- I totally agree. And not only that, who's to say Kenny Davis wasn't another Emmitt Smith? We'll never know how great he might have been thanks to the Bills coaching staff giving the ball to Thurman Thomas all the time.