Sanchez on NFL Network Last Night

First off, let me say anyone who knows me on this Board knows I'm not the biggest Fitz Fan around...

But what I saw last night on NFL Network made me wonder what in God's name is going on with that classless Jamie Dukes...He fawned all over Sanchez like a school girl with a crush...I mean...I think the fat guy is in love...When Sanchez came walking out Dukes could be heard plainly talking about how good looking Sanchez is...Good looking? OK...I did think it was a Football Show...But whatever...

Anyway...Why is it that Dukes so plainly LOVES Sanchez, yet he was actually a bit rude to Stevie Johnson when he was in Studio, outrightly mocking Stevie's support for Fitz? Care to look at the numbers Mr Dukes? I mean...Neither QB is Manning or Brees, but Fitz pretty plainly outplayed Sanchez in 2010 with a supporting Cast that was more like a Jr. College Team compared to the All Star Cast that surrounds Sanchez...I understand Sanchez is 4 years younger and it's assumed he'll continue to get better, but is it not crystal clear he's going to have to get better in order for the jets to win a SB? How is it SO easy for Dukes to push Fitz aside as an also-ran and downgrade the Bills for not Drafting a QB, while he's propping up a Kid with a Career 70.2 QB Rating, and 29 TD's to 33 INT's in 31 Starts??? And I hope it's not because of Sanchez's Win/Loss Record because everyone and their Mother knows how The Jets win Games...

I just wish someone would hold Dukes a bit more accountable...That's all... B-)

Sanchez emerged last season as a late in the game clutch performer is most likely why many people believe Sanchez has the tools to make it big time:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

Led his team to 4 4th quarter comeback wins and on 6 game winning drives. Yes, Jets have a good defense, but they did need to score enough points to win those games. If you look at the scores of those games, the Jets defense still let up an average of 20 points exactly in those 6 games. Bills scored over 19 points just 4 times. Jets average scoring about 24 points in those games. Take it for what it's worth, he played well down the stretch as his team won games, that is a sign of a winner at the helm. I hate Sanchez but he is clearly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I hate Sanchez but he is clearly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That remains to be seen...

I don't think it's even close to "clearly" though...In fact I think Fitz is the better QB right now but Sanchez has the bigger upside...And don't forget the fact that Sanchez is surrounded by Pro-Bowl caliber Players at almost every Position on Offense... B-)

Sanchez emerged last season as a late in the game clutch performer is most likely why many people believe Sanchez has the tools to make it big time:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00

Led his team to 4 4th quarter comeback wins and on 6 game winning drives. Yes, Jets have a good defense, but they did need to score enough points to win those games. If you look at the scores of those games, the Jets defense still let up an average of 20 points exactly in those 6 games. Bills scored over 19 points just 4 times. Jets average scoring about 24 points in those games. Take it for what it's worth, he played well down the stretch as his team won games, that is a sign of a winner at the helm. I hate Sanchez but he is clearly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

If you look at the entire season Sanchize = 20.6 points per game(15 games, I did not count the Bills game because he barely played) Fitzy = 19.9 points per game for 13 games. Very little difference despite the talent difference of the rosters.

If you look at the entire season Sanchize = 20.6 points per game(15 games, I did not count the Bills game because he barely played) Fitzy = 19.9 points per game for 13 games. Very little difference despite the talent difference of the rosters.

See, Fitz fans are always doing this, making broad assumptions. Seriously, the Jets scored 38 points against the Bills, how can you just leave that game out? Like they would have scored less had Sanchez played? Come on man. Also, like Fitz would have lit up to dramatically increase the Bills scoring in the 3 games he did not play? I mean, Miami game 1 without Fitz Bills had 10 points, with Fitz they had 17. Bills scored 14 against the Jets with Fitz and 7 without Fitz (when Fitz was on a major downwards spiral). Without Fitz the Bills scored 7 against the Super Bowl Champs Green Bay. Like Fitz would have done better.

You are clearly not looking at the entire season.

See, Fitz fans are always doing this, making broad assumptions. Seriously, the Jets scored 38 points against the Bills, how can you just leave that game out? Like they would have scored less had Sanchez played? Come on man. Also, like Fitz would have lit up to dramatically increase the Bills scoring in the 3 games he did not play? I mean, Miami game 1 without Fitz Bills had 10 points, with Fitz they had 17. Bills scored 14 against the Jets with Fitz and 7 without Fitz (when Fitz was on a major downwards spiral). Without Fitz the Bills scored 7 against the Super Bowl Champs Green Bay. Like Fitz would have done better.

Normally I don't defend Fitz at all...But really, there is absolutely NO comparison in the talent Fitz and Sanchez played with last year...You just can't compare it...So the whole thing is skewed when comparing the 2 QB's...I think if you put Fitz on that Jets Team last year they may very well have won the SB...And I don't think Fitz is all that great...I just don't think Sanchez is very good at all yet...We'll see if he can take the next step...But with all that talent, and Defenses geared up to stop that running game, a QB Rating of 75.3??? That's simply not very good...Period...It does not take a genius to figure that out... B-)

Sanchez had NOTHING to do with the last Bills game, so why would you include it...? There are SOOOOooooo many damned variables out there it's ridiculous. What team they played, where it was played, what time of season, was the team fighting for a playoff spot or not, how well did your defense and ST's play, how many T.O's did you create, what was the gameplan, how well did your running game work...? etc, etc, etc.... You'd be a fool to expect a 100% accurate comparison, but if you do... then just look at the stats straight up (and in reality... Sanchez got to play against the Bills D while Fitz had to play against the Jets D)... that's a bit unfair isn't it...? ;)

Name .....Team.....Comp....Att......%......Att/G....Yds... Avg... Yds/G.. TD.. Int.. Long.. 20+.. 40+.. Sack.. Rate

Fitz............BUF.....255.....441.....57.8.....33.9....3,000...6.8.....230.8....23... 15... 65T.. 39.... 8.......24..... 81.8

Sanchez.....NYJ.....278.....507.....54.8......31.7....3,291... 6.5.. 205.7...17... 13.... 74T.. 43... 10......27......75.3

Edited by McD

First off, let me say anyone who knows me on this Board knows I'm not the biggest Fitz Fan around...

But what I saw last night on NFL Network made me wonder what in God's name is going on with that classless Jamie Dukes...He fawned all over Sanchez like a school girl with a crush...I mean...I think the fat guy is in love...When Sanchez came walking out Dukes could be heard plainly talking about how good looking Sanchez is...Good looking? OK...I did think it was a Football Show...But whatever...

Like, what..EVERRRRR!

Relax--holy cow. Uncomfortable read.

I don't think it's even close to "clearly" though...In fact I think Fitz is the better QB right now but Sanchez has the bigger upside...And don't forget the fact that Sanchez is surrounded by Pro-Bowl caliber Players at almost every Position on Offense... B-)

Ferguson and Mangold.

Normally I don't defend Fitz at all...But really, there is absolutely NO comparison in the talent Fitz and Sanchez played with last year...You just can't compare it...So the whole thing is skewed when comparing the 2 QB's...I think if you put Fitz on that Jets Team last year they may very well have won the SB...And I don't think Fitz is all that great...I just don't think Sanchez is very good at all yet...We'll see if he can take the next step...But with all that talent, and Defenses geared up to stop that running game, a QB Rating of 75.3??? That's simply not very good...Period...It does not take a genius to figure that out... B-)

I think it takes something...more than a genius to make that claim..

Personally, I think Sanchez is over-rated but great team around him or not, he has taken the Jets to the AFC Championship 2 years in a row. Fitzpatrick, while a nice story, is a below average QB. The Bills are going nowhere with him as the starter. Believe me, if the rest of the team around Fitz was actually worth a crap, we'd be demanding a new QB. Just sayin'

Like, what..EVERRRRR!

Relax--holy cow. Uncomfortable read.

Dude, I'm completely relaxed...And I'll write anything I want to here...With or without your approval, and completely (possibly even purposely now) disregarding your comfort level...If that made you uncomfortable how in the hell do you get through a day on TSW without freaking out?

Just saying... ;)

Personally, I think Sanchez is over-rated but great team around him or not, he has taken the Jets to the AFC Championship 2 years in a row. Fitzpatrick, while a nice story, is a below average QB. The Bills are going nowhere with him as the starter. Believe me, if the rest of the team around Fitz was actually worth a crap, we'd be demanding a new QB. Just sayin'

HE did?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ha ha ha... I agree he was on the "bus", he wasn't the driver, Sanchez was only along for the ride...

Here's the thing... will he be better than Fitz...? Maybe... he "supposedly" has more potential, but that equates to what really...?? As of right now, I'd take Fitz over Sanchez. We'll see how Marky Mark does this year... it should be a breakout year for him.

See, Fitz fans are always doing this, making broad assumptions stating facts. Seriously, the Jets scored 38 points against the Bills, how can you just leave that game out? Like they would have scored less had Sanchez played? Come on man. Also, like Fitz would have lit up to dramatically increase the Bills scoring in the 3 games he did not play? I mean, Miami game 1 without Fitz Bills had 10 points, with Fitz they had 17. Bills scored 14 against the Jets with Fitz and 7 without Fitz (when Fitz was on a major downwards spiral). Without Fitz the Bills scored 7 against the Super Bowl Champs Green Bay. Like Fitz would have done better.

Fixed. And you are clearly only focused on one thing -- a bizarre and inexplicable hatred for Ryan Fitzpatrick. What did the guy do, steal your girlfriend? Screw your sister? Score higher than you on the SATs?

And the defense isn't exactly hurt him either. They get the ball back for him in a hurry.

Sanchez I mean. Not Fitz.

Edited by The Wiz