Of the First 5 Players Drafted

155 members have voted

1. 1. Which individual player drafted this year will make the biggest difference ?

• Cam Newton at QB for Panthers in NFC South
    • Von Miller at OLB for Broncos in AFC West
    • Marcell Dareus at DT/DE for Bills in AFC East
    • AJ Green at WR for Bengals in AFC North
    • Patrick Peterson at CB for Cardinals in NFC West

1 Cam Newton Panthers QB Auburn

2 Von Miller Broncos LB Texas A&M

3 Marcell Dareus Bills DT Alabama

4 A.J. Green Bengals WR Georgia

5 P. Peterson Cardinals DB Louisiana State

Given each player's position, teammates, teams, and division, which individual player drafted this year will make the biggest difference over the first 4 years?

Given each player's position, teammates, teams, and division, which individual player drafted this year will make the biggest difference over the first 4 years?

Dareus is ready to attack and since the Bills' have been so ineffective these past few years it is clear that if he lives up to his hype he will make the biggest difference out of the top five picks.

Peterson may need some development and may be hurt the most by the labor situation but he will come around because he is an amazing talent!

Green needs a quarterback to excel so we will have to see what the Bengals do.

I continue to not be a major Miller fan and anticipate his sucess will be minimal. As for Newton ... only time will tell.

I'm gonna say that Peterson has the most immediate value, but if you were to do this over a 10 year period. I would say AJ Green. He is easily the most talented collegiate receiver I have seen in person (over Calvin Johnson), and I think Cincy got a Jerry Rice/Randy Moss potential receiver with that pick.

If you go by position you usually won't go far wrong.

LBs first, because they have less to learn. DLs later, because they need to make major changes to their bodies and they need to learn more. WRs often take three years, CBs three also, though a few start making an impact at two. QBs three or often more, especially if they've never run a non-option.

Going by that system, Miller then Dareus then Peterson and Green and last Newton, assuming none are outright busts and never make an impact. Looks right to me.

If you go by position you usually won't go far wrong.

LBs first, because they have less to learn. DLs later, because they need to make major changes to their bodies and they need to learn more. WRs often take three years, CBs three also, though a few start making an impact at two. QBs three or often more, especially if they've never run a non-option.

Going by that system, Miller then Dareus then Peterson and Green and last Newton, assuming none are outright busts and never make an impact. Looks right to me.

This

If he was in the right scheme (3-4) I'd say miller. I still can't believe a 4-3 team took him over Dareus. I think for the Broncos, even Peterson made more sense.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Miller lucked out by going to a 4-3 team, because now his weaknesses will be hidden and his talents will shine through. In a 3-4, the opposite would have happened IMO.

I still cant beilive they took Miller over Dareus though. Did anyone else see that video of the Bills draft room when the Broncos took Miller? You can see Buddy doing a fist pump in celebration. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

As for as the ogiginal question, Id say Dareus, Miller, Peterson, Green, Newton in that order.

Edited by Thoner7

It's kind of not fair. It's Cam Newton. Cam will have a big impact either way. If he is a bust the team is doomed for 4 years. If he is a stud the team will be competing in the playoffs next 4 years.

If Pererson, Miller, Green, or even Marcellasaureus bust it wouldn't set the franchise back 4 years.

So out of those 4 it's 99 problems. When he becomes an immovable object next to The irresisstable object of Kyle Williams. It can change the whole team. No more 200 yards rushing a game. Free up the young Lbs to make plays.

In a 4-3 are they going to make Miller a side line to sideline MLB like Patrick Willis? That could take some time.

Peterson will take some time.

Green could have an impact but he is just a WR Dalton will be more important rookie on that team.

Dareus will have the most impact, but it won't be quantifiable as stats. The Bills' Run D should be much better, but Von Miller's 8 sacks will overshadow Dareus's superior season in the eyes of most media/fans.

Easy Cam Newton. He will be as big a bust as Russell was and he will ruin the Panthers for the next three years.

I didn't hink of it like that, but you are spot on! :lol:

I'm normally not a homer on these things, but I actually think Dareus is (potentially) the right answer for the most positive impact.

Cam will not be NFL ready at all. Von Miller is small and doesn't fit Denvers scheme. AJ Green will have a rookie QB and Peterson is just a CB. To me the obvious answer is Dareus and not just because I am a Bills fan.

Trying real hard to not sound like a homer because this is my objective opinion, but I'd say Dareus has the chance to make the biggest impact in the quickest time.

He'll be able to start, and produce, from Day 1. Having never played a down in the NFL he is already better than anyone we have on the line (yes, Im including Williams in that). Our biggest weakness was stopping the run, and that is his biggest strength.

Newton will take a couple year to catch on, if the Panthers coaches dont ruin him faster.

Miller will be a let down.

CBs and WRs can only do so much to help. Theyre peripheral players and can only contribute so much.

The only one from the top 5, who I think has the talent to step in from Day 1, and whose position will help the team the most, is Dareus.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Miller lucked out by going to a 4-3 team, because now his weaknesses will be hidden and his talents will shine through. In a 3-4, the opposite would have happened IMO.

I still cant beilive they took Miller over Dareus though. Did anyone else see that video of the Bills draft room when the Broncos took Miller? You can see Buddy doing a fist pump in celebration. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

As for as the ogiginal question, Id say Dareus, Miller, Peterson, Green, Newton in that order.

Agreed 100%. We lucked out with Denver's screw-up. And Miller lucked out going to a 4-3 team.

I would love to say Dareus, but my gut tells me it is going to be A.J. Green. The Bengals sucked last year, but I really think alot of it was team chemistry that snowballed into a lousy season. They are just one season removed from running the table in a very tough division and winning the division title. The biggest question with them is who is going to be quarterbacking, since it appears Palmer won't be there. If they do go with Andy Dalton the rookie, then I think their TE's will have big numbers and I would say Dareus, but if the Bengals bring in a veteran QB or convince Carson Palmer to look like an idiot and come in, then I will go with Green.

Edited by billsfreak