Torell Troup's Progress

Please tell me that you are both just kidding here. You really can't get the concept of what TTH is saying?

That's the point. Make solid picks and walla your team improves and you do your darndest to sign those players to their second contract.

It's really not that difficult a concept.

Do you not get the concept of what he is saying? He is saying that you can't judge a player in the first 3 years, and that a guy should only be judged on whether he received a second contract.

Personally I think players taken in the first 2-3 rounds should have an immediate, positive impact on the team...Like many other teams get out of their draft picks...Saying that we shouldn't judge players we draft for a couple years is simply a way of making excuses for poor draft picks

Let me re-post it..

No reason to even look into this. Troup will be evaluated over 3 years.

You don't draft a guy for his 1st contract, you draft him for his 2nd contract. That really should be how drafts are graded, how many players get 2nd contracts.

This makes even less sense when you remember that the Bills rarely resign top level talent (Clements, Pat Williams...). But they do resign guys like Kelsey...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not get the concept of what he is saying? He is saying that you can't judge a player in the first 3 years, and that a guy should only be judged on whether he received a second contract.

Personally I think players taken in the first 2-3 rounds should have an immediate, positive impact on the team ...Like many other teams get out of their draft picks...Saying that we shouldn't judge players we draft for a couple years is simply a way of making excuses for poor draft picks

Let me re-post it..

So, you feel that Troup is a bust and a wasted pick and you're ready to say at this exact point in time that he is not worthy of a second contract?

<_< didn't think so

Spiller? While I haven't been happy with the pick from day 1 I'm not ready to write the kid off.

How many dozens of players would you like me to point out who took time to develop?

So, you feel that Troup is a bust and a wasted pick and you're ready to say at this exact point in time that he is not worthy of a second contract?

<_< didn't think so

Spiller? While I haven't been happy with the pick from day 1 I'm not ready to write the kid off.

How many dozens of players would you like me to point out who took time to develop?

Lol, now you are completely making stuff up...

No, I never said that about either of them. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said that he looked awful, was a reach, and that I hope as much as anyone that he turns it around. I am commenting on what he has done, not on what people are guessing he might do. I never said he couldn't improve...You seem to be ignoring my posts that don't make your point...

This was a post about Troupe, I offered my opinion...Sorry if that upsets you.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

5000. If you get started now you might be finished by........................................................................................................I kid! :nana:

Edited by Rockinon

To me they just have to play Troup and all the young guys like Carrington so they can learn from their mistakes. It's not like we are going to the next Super Bowl as we currently stand. Play all our youngs guys as much as possible to not only evaluate but also to accelerate the learning curve. I'd like tosee Carrington, Dareus, Troup and Williams all on the field at the same time.

Spiller was a #9. Troup was a second round pick from a small school, taken at a position where development generally takes longer than it does at running back.

Thee is no need to write him off, but if he doesn't turn out to be more than a situational back, this selection will set us back a lot yet again. And sadly, at this point I am not liking the odds.

Edited by Bill from NYC

To me they just have to play Troup and all the young guys like Carrington so they can learn from their mistakes. It's not like we are going to the next Super Bowl as we currently stand. Play all our youngs guys as much as possible to not only evaluate but also to accelerate the learning curve. I'd like tosee Carrington, Dareus, Troup and Williams all on the field at the same time.

With Wannstedt now in the mix, that is a real possibility...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Pretty sure we drafter him to play right away and i dont know where people get their info.

Suh and mccoy are not the only dts to have instant impact

Wilfork, tommy harris, tyson alualu, akoye, ngata, t. Knighton, shaun rogers, k williams, m ike patterson and so on and so forth

Pretty sure we drafter him to play right away and i dont know where people get their info.

Suh and mccoy are not the only dts to have instant impact

Wilfork, tommy harris, tyson alualu, akoye, ngata, t. Knighton, shaun rogers, k williams, m ike patterson and so on and so forth

+100...Bills fans have been beaten down by so many bad draft picks that they think they aren't actually supposed to be good right away...

The fact of the matter is, most teams want to win now and expect their early picks to make contributions right away. Maybe not even start, but at least show they can make a difference...

It is definitely fair to comment on draft picks that have done next to nothing, such as Maybin, Troupe, Spiller, ect... Doesn't mean they can't turn it around and surprise us, but are disappointments so far.

No reason to even look into this. Troup will be evaluated over 3 years.

You don't draft a guy for his 1st contract, you draft him for his 2nd contract. That really should be how drafts are graded, how many players get 2nd contracts.

Very interesting perspective. I like it.

Lol, now you are completely making stuff up...

No, I never said that about either of them. Please don't put words in my mouth. I said that he looked awful, was a reach, and that I hope as much as anyone that he turns it around. I am commenting on what he has done, not on what people are guessing he might do. I never said he couldn't improve...You seem to be ignoring my posts that don't make your point...

This was a post about Troupe, I offered my opinion...Sorry if that upsets you.

You said you want an immediate impact from 1-2 round picks (who the heck doesn't)? This thread is about a 2nd round pick who didn't have an immediate impact. You see how this is related?

All the OP said was...you judge a draft by the second contract, not the first...meaning some players take time. That seems to be a foreign concept to you. You took him literally rather than try to figure out the meaning.

So when we sign our 1st and 2nd round picks to 4-6 year contracts we don't expect them to do anything during that time?
No, he never said that but that's what you inferred.

Can we agree that if the Bills re-sign draft picks at a high rate that it will be an indication of successful drafts and team success?

You said you want an immediate impact from 1-2 round picks (who the heck doesn't)? This thread is about a 2nd round pick who didn't have an immediate impact. You see how this is related?

All the OP said was...you judge a draft by the second contract, not the first...meaning some players take time. That seems to be a foreign concept to you. You took him literally rather than try to figure out the meaning.

No, he never said that but that's what you inferred.

Can we agree that if the Bills re-sign draft picks at a high rate that it will be an indication of successful drafts and team success?

On the other hand, how hard is it to spell the kid's name correctly? B-)

Some players take time fine, but if they are 1st or 2nd round picks I want them to show SOMETHING in their first few years..Yes, I commented on exactly what he said, not on some special meaning you are inferring from what he said.

The suggestion that it is OK for top tier draft picks to not make any impact as a rookie, or especially as a sophomore, is not something the Bills or their fans should accept IMO. If you feel differently, that's your right.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

A lot of optimists here defending troupe. The fact of the matter is he looked awful last year (the main reason why he stopped getting playing time). I hope as much as anyone that Troupe magically turns things around (yes, I know he was just a rookie). Let's not forget that the Bills drafted him WAY too early. I remember watching ESPN and watching the announcers scramble through their papers trying to figure out who he was (after all, he played for UCF). This was a guy that probably could have been had in the 4th round or later.

If they had drafted him then, there wouldn't be these expectations of an "instant starter". But when you draft a guy with what is almost a 1st round draft pick (41st overall), a starter is what you should have.

So far McCargo has shown a lot more than Troupe unfortunately...

There you go. That's enough for me. Cut him this year.

A lot of optimists here defending troupe. The fact of the matter is he looked awful last year (the main reason why he stopped getting playing time). I hope as much as anyone that Troupe magically turns things around (yes, I know he was just a rookie). Let's not forget that the Bills drafted him WAY too early. I remember watching ESPN and watching the announcers scramble through their papers trying to figure out who he was (after all, he played for UCF). This was a guy that probably could have been had in the 4th round or later.

If they had drafted him then, there wouldn't be these expectations of an "instant starter". But when you draft a guy with what is almost a 1st round draft pick (41st overall), a starter is what you should have.

So far McCargo has shown a lot more than Troupe unfortunately...

Dear Turbo,

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Sincerely,

Tim Anderson

:P

CBS had him listed as their 66th overall player, still a reach at 41, but hardly as bad as you let on. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_DT

Dear Turbo,

You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Sincerely,

Tim Anderson

:P

Nice post, your evidence clearly points to you being right...whatever your point is...

CBS had him listed as their 66th overall player, still a reach at 41, but hardly as bad as you let on. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2010_DT

Facts, I like it...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

???

Guess we are still reserving judgement on Maybin?

You really think Maybin will make it to another contract with the Bills? Or that he will sign a big 2nd contract somewhere in the NFL?

Was what i said too difficult to understand?

Wow, thankfully you aren't our GM. So when we sign our 1st and 2nd round picks to 4-6 year contracts we don't expect them to do anything during that time? That's half their career.

Pardon me if I don't buy into that philosophy, lol.

There are plenty of players, especially in the 1st two rounds that secure starting spots and play extremely well...Just because the Bills haven't drafted any doesn't mean thats how it should be...

Why would you sign the player after 4-5 years of doing nothing? lol. This concept really isnt that difficult. It really isnt.

Edited by TheTruthHurts