No NFL? What are your options?

It's looking pretty bad for the NFL this year so what will you do when you need that football fix? There are several options.

The UFL: Mostly a TV option for those of us who do not live near one of their 5 teams. (Hartford, Las Vegas, Norfolk, Sacremento, Omaha) Their season has not been released but is expected to begin the second week of August.

College Football: Plenty to choose from but let's discuss WNY options. Obviously the UB Bulls are one choice but they were horrible last year and I don't expect them to get much better this year. Still it's close, cheap, and they allow tailgating on campus. Home opener is 9/10/11. They host UCONN 9/24/11. UB Schedule.

Syracuse is just 2 hours away, and don't forget Buffalo State and ECC also play.

CFL: We joke about the CFL but we may get desperate enough to go to a game. I went to Hamilton last season and had a good time. In fact the best part of Ti-cats games, if you are a Bills old-timer, is how much going to Ivor Wynne Stadium reminds you of going to War Memorial Stadium in the 60's. In fact the CFL season starts in just 3 weeks! Hamilton Ti-Cats schedule. Toronto Argonauts schedule.

PTR

Im already a bigger NCAA football fan than NFL football fan. Although I love no NCAA team even close to how much I love the Bills (that's partly why I like NCAA more).

My Saturdays will be the same as they were going to be. And I'll still have my football fix.

I'll just also have my Sundays free to do more productive stuff.

I've said this previously when discussing the Bills leaving Buffalo, not having NFL football would probably be a positive in my life. If the Bills leave, I wont watch the NFL anymore as I will have no reason to. No NFL would be disappointing, but I'll live (better).

The League is really testing fan loyalty this year, and I think theyre in a for a surprise when they find out most people can live without them.

Ummm. You forgot the lingerie football league?

He didn't forget; he was simply creating a legitimate topic for discussion among adults. I can understand why you'd be confused.

None of the above. Hiking and camping throughout the greatest two months of the year- September and October. Something I have never been able to do my entire life because of the Bills.

Tape it. Camp, hike. Then go home and watch the tape. Yes, you can have it all.

This would be the ideal season for no NFL for me, not that I am happy there is a lockout but if there was a lost year I would choose this one. I'll be living in San Diego on the weekends and staying about 90 minutes up the 15 during the week for school. Driving after a day of football would not be a good idea :beer: As long as the Bills still come here in '12 :thumbsup: