Jamie Dukes NFL Network

Why don't these people do their homework, spent the whole recap of the Bills draft saying that Dareus will not be good at the nose and the Bills got the wrong fella if thats what they intend doing with him which is what he thinks they will do. Honestly, lazy journalism. It always seems to be the case when it comes to the Bills.

Edited by dailar

Dareus will wreak havoc no matter where we line him up...I'm now convinced of that. This kid is going to dominate from his rookie year.

It's funny...I don't get the NFL Network, and sometimes I long for it...but then I remember, every time I go to my folks house, and get a chance to watch, it's no better than ESPN. They have as many bad analyst/personalities as ESPN.

Why don't these people do their homework, spent the whole recap of the Bills draft saying that Dareus will not be good at the nose and the Bills got the wrong fella if thats what they intend doing with him which is what he thinks they will do. Honestly, lazy journalism. It always seems to be the case when it comes to the Bills.

I understood his point but the Bills stated during the draft that they drafted him because he could play all positions in the 3/4. He didn't consider the fact that the Bills would take advantage of his versitility, he belabored his original point which was not accurate.

When it comes to the Bills, Dukes or Faulk never has anything positve to say...so screw em.

Edited by VADC Bills

I understood his point but the Bills stated during the draft that they drafted him because he could play all positions in the 3/4. He didn't consider the fact that the Bills would take advantage of his versitility, he belabored his original point which was not accurate.

When it comes to the Bills, Dukes or Faulk never has anything positve to say...so screw em.

Yeah these dumbas commentators demean crappy teams and praise good ones. Who do they think they are picking on the Bills...

I wish I could say I were surprised by the lack of research, but its par for the course for Jamie and Marshall. It literally took me 30 seconds to find this quote from Buddy...

“Marcell is an exceptional athlete, he plays everywhere, he smart,” said Nix. ”He’ll be a defensive end in a 34 and play there on first and second down. In nickel he’ll play inside with Kyle Williams.”

Pathetic.

Here's the link for that quote.

Edited by Beantown Bills

I happened to catch that talk on the Bills starting with the interview with Stevie Johnson too...

Why does no one on NFL network ever mention the hiring of Wanndstadt and the possiblities of 34/43 hybrid defense? At least Mooooooose didn't keep on piling on the Bills - actually gave George Edwards some props from their days together with the Cowboys.

Thought the exact same thing...I was actually yelling at the screen... :lol:

The Bills were crystal clear where they were going to play Dareus on Draft Night...To me, being a "paranoid" Bills Fan, it was like the guy was looking to find a reason to be negative...It was strange because I know they prepare for this stuff and you would think someone would have help him out...His "potential" argument was dead wrong and was answered on Draft Night...Stupid... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I think Dukes was an ass as they were signing off, too. Johnson was talking about Fitzpatrick and referred to him as "Fitzmagic" whereby Dukes proceeded to say, "17 points a game is magic?", "28th in offense?" He said it a little under his breath and SJ apparently didn't hear it. I don't have a problem with Dukes speaking his mind but you rarely see an analyst talk negatively about a team when a memeber of that team is on the set. I just thought that he should have stood there like everybody else, smiled, and let the screen fade to black. Classless move on his part, IMO.

True. But all the Bills need to do is win and it all goes the other way quickly. It's up to the Bills how they get perceived and discussed. People tend to pay

more attention to teams that win.

I think Dukes was an ass as they were signing off, too. Johnson was talking about Fitzpatrick and referred to him as "Fitzmagic" whereby Dukes proceeded to say, "17 points a game is magic?", "28th in offense?" He said it a little under his breath and SJ apparently didn't hear it. I don't have a problem with Dukes speaking his mind but you rarely see an analyst talk negatively about a team when a memeber of that team is on the set. I just thought that he should have stood there like everybody else, smiled, and let the screen fade to black. Classless move on his part, IMO.

Heard that too, I wanted to reach inside my TV and slap his pudgy face. What a d--k.

Dukes also knocked us because we could have/should have taken Mallett in the second round, when in reality, he could have been had in the third. Real lazy journalism.

Edited by b.harami98

Jaime Dukes makes NFL Network unwatchable.

He is painfully misinformed and overall not very smart.

I sometimes wonder if he plays devil advocate just to take part in conversation, or to hear himself talk.

When I think about how much he's paid to go on TV and act like a moron, I punch myself in the face. :doh:

Or if Duke is going to be a misinformed critic in Johnson's presence, at least he should bring his opinions up as a legitimate criticism and not mutter them under his breathe as an insult and a cheap shot to the guest on his set.

Hard to see ANY dispute about Dareus, as he is clearly an effective end in the 3/4 and playing inside in the 4/3. As one poster pointed out, Wannstadt (and even last year's bills) were not averse to a mix and match system where the situation and personnel warranted it. And Dareus is a star player at either position. I would go so far as to say he was the best player picked in a position of need and most likely to make a major impact in the first round. I don't think the bills have been in contention for that "award" in many years. The rest of the draft will get a lot of playing time and real chances to start right off the bat. Jasper was a fascinating last pick, and I'm hoping the middle picks will pan out as well.

I'm getting kind of excited about this team.

Who is Jamie Dukes any way ?? I never knew the guy even existed until he popped up on the NFL network .

If his analysis of the NFL is any thing like his play was he won't be in any hall of fame any time soon .

He's just another media Bills hater , that's why i pray that Fitz (with all the media wisdom of where Fitz should be at back up) kicks ass & takes names & shuts all their mouths just to see how fast they all jump on the Bills band wagon like they always do .

The only one you know will always be a Bills fan is Chris "Boomer" Berman :worthy:

NO ONE CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS !!!!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLS !!!!!!

Edited by T master

Dukes is often one of the least informed member of Total Access. Occationally he will come up with a good point, but these do not make up for the ignorance of teams/players not in the spotlight.

Two words Mr. Dukes that completely blow your ill conceived point out of the water --- KYLE WILLIAMS...