Jamie Dukes NFL Network

On board with most everyone here, but the truly annoying part is that it is an entire network devoted to football...man, can't these guys just crawl into these teams they are covering a little bit?

Seriously?

Even if they are not the on-air personalities the NFL Network should 8 guys, one for each division, that knows these teams backward and forward, inside and out.

Le them feed the info to the talking heads.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Why don't these people do their homework, spent the whole recap of the Bills draft saying that Dareus will not be good at the nose and the Bills got the wrong fella if thats what they intend doing with him which is what he thinks they will do. Honestly, lazy journalism. It always seems to be the case when it comes to the Bills.

I think I spotted the part where you got confused....These guys aint journalists. Hell, most journalists aint journalists no more neither (thats a triple negative - you like that?). They're just some good lookin guys that talk well, up there giving their (oftentimes ignorant) opinion, which is given credence because they used to play ball.

I happened to catch that talk on the Bills starting with the interview with Stevie Johnson too...

Why does no one on NFL network ever mention the hiring of Wanndstadt and the possiblities of 34/43 hybrid defense? At least Mooooooose didn't keep on piling on the Bills - actually gave George Edwards some props from their days together with the Cowboys.

Yeah, he did. But he followed in lock step with Dukes on the Bills using Dareus at NT. Really idiotic. The only reason those two imbeciles would assume the Bills need a nose tackle is because they've never heard of Kyle Williams. Seriously, why would they think the Bills need Dareus at Nose when even a cursory look at the Bills line problems shows the need for a DE which is exactly what he's going to play in the 34.

BTW, Dukes identified a QB as the Bills most pressing need in the draft. So when Buddy didn't do what Dukes wanted, he gave the Bills a mediocre grade. I used to like the guy but he's starting to really annoy me with his attitude of being informed while he's clearly not done his homework.

Guest three3

worst personality on the network. anyone else noticed how his demeanor totally changed when he put on glasses???

I love how Dukes made fun of the Dolphins fan that had his jaw to the floor when the Fins drafted Ted Ginn Jr in the first round. Dukes talked up Ginn big time and said in a few years, that fan would be happy the Fins drafted Ginn...Oh, how wrong he was!!!

Dukes was a udfa out of Florida in 86 that started about 50 games out of a 8 year career on Falcons team that never went over .500. Started 6 games for GB in 96 .Ended career with crappy Cardinals team in 97.How he got a job as an NFL "expert" only God and Rich Eison know. I have noticed he is becoming more and more full of himself with every season on NFL network and that is a BIG crapper to fill.

I think Dukes was an ass as they were signing off, too. Johnson was talking about Fitzpatrick and referred to him as "Fitzmagic" whereby Dukes proceeded to say, "17 points a game is magic?", "28th in offense?" He said it a little under his breath and SJ apparently didn't hear it. I don't have a problem with Dukes speaking his mind but you rarely see an analyst talk negatively about a team when a memeber of that team is on the set. I just thought that he should have stood there like everybody else, smiled, and let the screen fade to black. Classless move on his part, IMO.

The stat itself is disingenuous. Trent Edwards and the first two games of the season were so inept that they definitely dragged down the yearly offensive stats. The first game, I don't think we eclipsed 100 total yards. Further, Brohm's game in week 17 was similarly pathetic. If you took those three games out of the equation, the offense was pretty middle of the pack. With all players coming back, the unit becoming more accustomed to playing with one another, and the younger players having some time to develop, there is no reason to think this offense won't be vastly improved. Hopefully, they will be able to add a free agent or two to really make this an explosive unit.

None of those guys do their homework. They just turn the cameras on and shoot the ****. Last year on the state of the Bills segment before the draft, Woodson said the Bills traded up to get Trent Edwards. Obviously thinking of JP, but WRONG!! I also heard 3 other things that were wrong. Before the draft I watched some of ESPN's shows and they were better. And I can't stand that Tom Brady boot licker Rich Eisen.

I think Dukes was an ass as they were signing off, too. Johnson was talking about Fitzpatrick and referred to him as "Fitzmagic" whereby Dukes proceeded to say, "17 points a game is magic?", "28th in offense?" He said it a little under his breath and SJ apparently didn't hear it. I don't have a problem with Dukes speaking his mind but you rarely see an analyst talk negatively about a team when a memeber of that team is on the set. I just thought that he should have stood there like everybody else, smiled, and let the screen fade to black. Classless move on his part, IMO.

Wow...

I watched the whole segment but I did not catch that at all...If that's what Dukes did that is over-the-top classless...I watch NFL Network religiously...I've seen them interview a million players, and I've never seen any of them do something classless like that to a Studio Guest...It's usually pretty much fluff-questions when they talk about their individual Teams...I mean...What does Dukes expect anyway?...He's an ex-player...He knows there is zero chance SJ is going to bad mouth Fitz...And why would he anyway?...As far as Stevie's concerned Fitz definitely should be the man...Fitz helped in making Stevie a name to watch around the league...I'm not sure what is up with Dukes...But I think we should send Dareus out there to kick his...*** :lol: