Kyle Williams rated 3rd best player overall in 2010

Jesus H.! Only 17 players, ALL LBs, had more stops than Williams? I hope we can realize just how mind boggling that is.

And, sadly, what an indictment of our LBs that is as well.

GO BILLS!!!

Jesus H.! Only 17 players, ALL LBs, had more stops than Williams? I hope we can realize just how mind boggling that is.

And, sadly, what an indictment of our LBs that is as well.

GO BILLS!!!

With the potential of Dareus , an improved LB core , and with another year in a new scheme , we should see Kyle Williams match or beat last years All-Pro preformance.

Some of us have consistently opined since the draft that a huge beneficiary of the Dareus pick is KW. Look what he did with no help. Dude is going to have a HUGE year.

Edited by eball

Some of us have consistently opined since the draft that a huge beneficiary of the Dareus pick is KW. Look what he did with no help. Dude is going to have a HUGE year.

One thing to keep in mind is perhaps with more talent around him he may play as well but have assignments change and perhaps numbers drop. Will be interesting to see what his role will be.

Link: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/06/the-top-101-players-of-2010-the-top-20/

Much deserved - Kyle is by far our best player. I said it a number of times on the board before the season started and got crucified. I'm glad there are writers like this one who actually watch the games.

I think everyone sees talent but it was, and still is fair to wonder about his role as a NT in a 34. It'll be a challenge for the coaching staff to find the best way to utilize the talent on the field. With KW, dareus, and merriman there could be enough elite talent to make noise if used right.

SAFER Metrics people have been praising Kyle Williams all year. National media might not be giving Williams his due but that's because he is a Bill. Anytime anyone mentions the Bills D Kyle Williams is their one bright spot.

i guess id have to say its probably not as much that hes a bill as the fact that he is the NT on the worst run D in the league, on a team that hasnt been to the playoffs in a decade. The the bills allowed nearly 3x as many rushing yards as the steelers last year - 300 yards more than the second worst team, and were the second worst team of the decade, edging out the worst by only a couple yards, and the 3rd worst being a distant 150ish yards behind.... i think its hard to walk on tv and praise anyone in that front 7 without taking some harsh comments.

im not saying he isnt talented, or is undeserving, but i get the lack of positive attention.

i guess id have to say its probably not as much that hes a bill as the fact that he is the NT on the worst run D in the league, on a team that hasnt been to the playoffs in a decade. The the bills allowed nearly 3x as many rushing yards as the steelers last year - 300 yards more than the second worst team, and were the second worst team of the decade, edging out the worst by only a couple yards, and the 3rd worst being a distant 150ish yards behind.... i think its hard to walk on tv and praise anyone in that front 7 without taking some harsh comments.

im not saying he isnt talented, or is undeserving, but i get the lack of positive attention.

Yeah I understand the media shunning the Bills too. Its not hard to see how they aren't viewed as relevant by the national media. Still winning will change all that.

Yeah I understand the media shunning the Bills too. Its not hard to see how they aren't viewed as relevant by the national media. Still winning will change all that.

I think ultimately winning changes everything. the media wants marketability, and unless you have a rep for winning, no one wants to hear about you or see you outside of your market.... unless you have absurd stories. the bills arent winning, and the players havent been noteworthy on or off the field for the most part. i dont think its a shunning as much as theres only so much to go around for 32 teams and 1500+ players, and there are better stories out there.

C'mon. I like Kyle but 3rd best overall player in 2010?

Really?

I think PFF based this list on their own metrics. Obviously at first glance guys like Ngata (who has much more help around him) stand out more in name value and raw stats. But as a season ticket holder, who saw KW play in person 7 times last year, i cant underscore enough how awesome Williams was last year. He is way, way, undervalued due to his presence on a bad team and deserves all the credit that comes his way.

Link: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/06/the-top-101-players-of-2010-the-top-20/

Much deserved - Kyle is by far our best player. I said it a number of times on the board before the season started and got crucified. I'm glad there are writers like this one who actually watch the games.

our front 7...1 excellent player,1 mediocre player,5 awful players. I think we will have 2 excellent players next year---with just the hope of having 1 or 2 average or good players among the rest.

our front 7...1 excellent player,1 mediocre player,5 awful players. I think we will have 2 excellent players next year---with just the hope of having 1 or 2 average or good players among the rest.

I think you're being pessimistic…but that's probably because I'm being optimistic.

I still can't get over the play Williams made against Pittsburgh on that screen pass. One of the best plays I've ever seen in that situation.

I lok at this list and really find it odd and IMO Bogus. I love Kyle Williams, but he should not be the #3 player in the NFL. I take this as a way to for PFF to generate discussion and page views. Unless I missed it, Suh is not even on this list. This isn't a knock on Williams, but if he was the 3rd best player in the NFL, our run defense would not have been such a sieve. While true one player does not control everything, he's got to contol something.

Even though I'm thinking right now we're a 3-13 team because of the schedule, Kyle should rock this season on defense. If somehow we field a healthy / strong defense, our 2011 record will improve drastically. I'm just not convinced that our LB core is ready to go & besides Dareus's potential, I'm not sold on the 7th round pick making the team. I think Kyle will be great & can see Moats coming along well but I think we'll be too green to beat the top teams, JMHO.

Edited by Scrappy

So ... a qb who throws 36 TDs and 4 INTs and has a passer rating of 111.0 (66 percent completion rate) while leading his team to a 14-2 record isn't among the top 20. Yeah, this is a convincing list.

I was thinking the exact same thing...ridiculous.

I lok at this list and really find it odd and IMO Bogus. I love Kyle Williams, but he should not be the #3 player in the NFL. I take this as a way to for PFF to generate discussion and page views. Unless I missed it, Suh is not even on this list. This isn't a knock on Williams, but if he was the 3rd best player in the NFL, our run defense would not have been such a sieve. While true one player does not control everything, he's got to contol something.

+1

Of the five players listed whom the author believes played their best game against the Bills, there were two HBs in the top 15 - Peterson & Charles. So, they were at peak performance running right over the third best player in the league. That is a bit contradictory. The author is just throwin us a bone. No one on our DL performed well enough to make top 20 on any list.

I'm not knocking Kyle Williams though. He definately put in work. :thumbsup:

With the new additions around him, 2011 could be a very, very big year for Meat.