Top 10 reasons - What it mean to be a true Bills fan?!

Brock

What does it mean to be a true Buffalo Bills fan?

1.) To be there 6 hours before the game starts

2.) To start drinking 7 hours before the game starts

3.) To be at your seats trying to get on TV to show your Buffalo pride!

4.) To run across the field once in your life!

5.) To be there through the wind, cold, rain, snow and sun!

6.) To cook and tailgate with the best food and fans in the NFL!

7.) Even if our record is crappy, you do not all of a sudden love another team!

8.) When the season is over you still show off your Bills support!

9.) You watch and get just as excited for the Pre-Season games!

10.) You can't sleep the night before opening day!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So you are at the game 6 hours before the game starts, but drinking 7 hours before...that means you're driving when you've been drinking....big no no! :oops:

If anything, this reason has been pushing me away. The losing stinks as it is, but the drunks have made the game day experience so much worse.

Agreed! ..took my kids to the preseason game vs cincy "KIDS DAY" and the drunks were all around us!

All of these reasons are great! How would these rate?

11.) You attend training camp.

12.) You attend the NFL Draft proudly dressed in all of your Bills gear.

If anything, this reason has been pushing me away. The losing stinks as it is, but the drunks have made the game day experience so much worse.

I was trying to make this slightly comical! lol I see drunks all around me and it is amusing seeing them make a fool of themselves..But I also understand that you don't drink and drive lol

7-10 are great! Sorry I can't agree with the majority of your list though, you don't have to cook food or drink beer or even be at the stadium to be a fan of the Bills.

I understand that but being there...on every Sunday...It makes it that much better!

Yes this is fantastic!

Good post, Brock. And a few chuckles, too. You bring back fond memories.

5.) To be there through the wind, cold, rain, snow and sun! Had many of these adventures. The top one was a game where I took a friend and his two sons to their first NFL game. At the start, it was cold but sunny. Then it went through all the types of weather you could think of, as the temperature dropped unblieveably fast: torrential rain, sleet, wet snow, etc. There was so much water running along our benches that my wallet and everything in it was soaked. My friend asked, "Is this what fans experience when they come to these games?" My answer was, "Fan is short for fanatic and you have to be one in Buffalo."

6.) To cook and tailgate with the best food and fans in the NFL! Isn't it funny how you will eat almost anything when tailgating... and it always tastes great!

7.) Even if our record is crappy, you do not all of a sudden love another team! There were times when we would leave satisfied, because the Bills didn't get beat as badly as everyone predicted.

8.) When the season is over you still show off your Bills support! I live in Florida, now, and still wear my Bills stuff out and about. When you bump into a stranger who is also a Bills fan, you have to stop and get to know each other a little. That's cool.

Good post, Brock. And a few chuckles, too. You bring back fond memories.

6.) To cook and tailgate with the best food and fans in the NFL! Isn't it funny how you will eat almost anything when tailgating... and it always tastes great! - Like shots of "lite your throat on fire" from a bowliing ball,or a burger cooked on the hood of a pinto?

Edited by Armchair GM

13. You sign up to TBD forums, get a username and a profile, then start a thread that the Bills need(insert any FA washed up QB loser) because you think Chan Gailey can polish a QB turd into a super bowl winning QB.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

Look- I love the Buffalo Bills like an immediate family member, but this is simply not true. Top 3 or 4? Probably. You really should try and get to Green Bay or Kansas City though. You get all the drinking and the grilling, but it's done in a more adult/family manner as opposed to such a juvenile manner, which you see at Rich Stadium by far too many young punks, particularly in the main lot. Believe me, I would've thought the same thing before I started going to road games. In fairness to Bills fans, they have sucked for so long that it would be interesting to see what the crowd would look like if they were actually good for a few seasons in a row.

Agree wholeheartedly w/ number 10. I never go out and always try and get a good night sleep the night before opening day so we can be up drinking, crankin the Hip and throwing the football around by 7-7:30 here in the Rocky Mountain time zone.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I have to agree. Not saying I haven't had my share of beers, especially spending so much time in foreign ports with the Navy, but never been a fan of drunken idiots at a game or concerts for that matter, kinda takes the fun out what you paid a considerable amount of money to enjoy. There is no written rules for being a fan, in fact some would say that acting mature and representing your team and city in a decent manner would be part of being a fan.

I have a few reasons of my own.

#11) Staying a loyal fan year after year, decade after decade, always hanging on to eternal hope that maybe once, just once that the Buffalo Bills can reach the top of the mountain victorious.

#12) Proudly wearing your meager Buffalo Bill cap as a teenager through all the adversity of those horrible years, never giving up.

#13) Growing up, getting married and having sons and then dressing them up in Buffalo Bills' pajamas on Christmas day and passing along your love and passion for your team to them.

#14) Seeing your kids grown and married, starting their own families when all the while you find yourself alone in that elusive quest for a championship still hanging on, staying optimistic each and every preseason.

#15) Never apologizing for the love affair that you so freely chose in believing in your team so many years ago. Still hanging on and still believing in miracles.

#16) Wondering if you made a mistake in choosing this avenue but then realizing that all those years that you spent, all those dreams that you dreamed and all that love that you poured into them wasn't wasted. They weren't wasted because when one looks back and reflects on their life he sees that no matter where those "little boys in pajamas" are in this world, no matter what is happening in their lives, no matter who is in their lives, when they see, hear and know of the Buffalo Bills, they think of you. Wow, the Bills have given me much more than I have ever given them, so needless to say that I'm a proud Buffalo Bills' fan, always have been and always will be!

Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19

I have an issue with this because I consider myself a true Bills fan and yet I have never made it to a game yet. I live in the UK but my family are from Buffalo and my Aunt used to bring me jerseys, hats and programmes when I was toddling about. I have pictures of me as a 3 year old with my knitted Bills jumper on. I cried through the 90's when they got so close you could almost taste it, I cried through the 2000's when we were abysmal. I believe every year will be our year regardless of the team/coach/gm. I have watched every game possible even though it meant at the time linking to feeds which were cut off after 5 minutes to link to another feed before you could purchase a game ticket package here in Wales. I cringed at every crumby draft pick and then defended them to all my friends here who support whichever team is the flavour of the month. I have dealt with over 20 years of the Bills rollercoaster and never thought of jumping ship. The Bills are my sporting passion, my sporting past and present and now with my baby due in October they will be my sporting future as I dont see why I have to be the only schmuck in my family who has to go through the heartache the Bills provide me. I do not do it because they have been great or they are great but because next year they will always be great! When they win the whole thing, there will be no-one on this earth prouder than me.

I have an issue with this because I consider myself a true Bills fan and yet I have never made it to a game yet. I live in the UK but my family are from Buffalo and my Aunt used to bring me jerseys, hats and programmes when I was toddling about. I have pictures of me as a 3 year old with my knitted Bills jumper on. I cried through the 90's when they got so close you could almost taste it, I cried through the 2000's when we were abysmal. I believe every year will be our year regardless of the team/coach/gm. I have watched every game possible even though it meant at the time linking to feeds which were cut off after 5 minutes to link to another feed before you could purchase a game ticket package here in Wales. I cringed at every crumby draft pick and then defended them to all my friends here who support whichever team is the flavour of the month. I have dealt with over 20 years of the Bills rollercoaster and never thought of jumping ship. The Bills are my sporting passion, my sporting past and present and now with my baby due in October they will be my sporting future as I dont see why I have to be the only schmuck in my family who has to go through the heartache the Bills provide me. I do not do it because they have been great or they are great but because next year they will always be great! When they win the whole thing, there will be no-one on this earth prouder than me.

Righteous stuff Bills Brother!!!

Congratulations to you on your newborn and to us for having another member of Bills Nation on the way!

Planning every Sunday of your life during the season around the Bills schedule. Planning your big family events/trips for the bye week.

If God forbid you cant get to a game or watch it, Tivoing it and the feeling of growing very irritated until you get home and start it from the beggining.

Another would be looking at a message board daily in hopes of finding out anything new and wonderfull.