Dareus

I like his quotes. Here

"I'm not Bruce Smith. I never will be Bruce Smith. I'm Marcell Dareus and I'm going to be the best player that I can be,"

"What (Smith) has done is great, but we're two types of players with different styles," Dareus said. "Me, I'm a power D-lineman. I'm quick off the ball, I stop the run and put pressure on the quarterback."

This one is my favorite:

"At Alabama, we stop the run first and then we defend the pass," Dareus said. "I live for 4th-and-inches, I live for it.

Anyone think our running isn't going to improve?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""At Alabama, we stop the run first and then we defend the pass," Dareus said. "I live for 4th-and-inches, I live for it."

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I saw another quote when he was asked about other teams passing on him in the draft. Can't remember exactly, but he said something about coming back to haunt them.

I havent been this excited for the start of the season in a long long time. Im not predicting playoffs or anything outlandish. I just think about how special of a player Dareus is going to be and cant wait to see him putting RBs and QBs on their arses. I think about how many games we were so close in last year (save for the last two disaster games) the team had no quit in it. Throw in some added pieces on Defense especially a guy like Dareus and it should translate into another win or two at least. Guys like him elevate the play of those around them. Not that Williams needs any elevating in his game. I have hopes for Merriman too. I don't think he'll be "lights out" but if hes 50-75% of his former self its an upgrade. Plus I think our offense will be much better. They know Fitz is the guy and we know what we have at WR and RB. They just need to figure out RT.......We have a brutal schedule. If we fare well it will be a great sign for 2012..... There's nothing more I'd like to see than us beating NE at home and the fans tearing down the goalposts!

""At Alabama, we stop the run first and then we defend the pass," Dareus said. "I live for 4th-and-inches, I live for it."

A lot of the time Bruce Smith was coming off the edge it was on 3rd down after the Bills had stopped the run on 1st and 2nd down. I would love to see Darius, Moats and Williams getting after Brady on a bunch of 3rd and eights. As Dennis Hopper used to say about Bruce, maybe we will once again be saying: "Bad things, man. Bad things!"

So 2 lineman block KW and 2 lineman block Dareus, which leaves 1 lineman and maybe a TE or FB to block the rest of our front 7.

Yea, the other team may still win that one.

I am super pumped to watch K williams and dareus together. If they can get on a roll they could be fun to watch!

This is really what Im looking forward to this year.

Last year I wanted to see improved game planning and offensive play calling, and Chan came through.

It will be interesting to see what Fitz can do with being "the Man" from the get-go. But what Im looking for this year is improvement in our Front 7. Specifically how Dareus and Williams on that line.

cid:1.3354074310@web114305.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

How the He'll does that not fire you up? I can't wait to see this guy suit up.

What I like most about Marcell and maybe its just me but in the video of him coming to Buffalo, when he goes to Mr. Wilson's office and Ralph starts getting up from his chair, Marcell went to him and helped him up. Sometimes its the little things the speak volumes. I think he will end up being a class act and someone who all of us as fans can be proud of to call a Bill.

Go Buffalo!