Could this really happen?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will never happen. At least IMO, no way. It won't come to this but if there is a contingent of owners that want it...there will be some who refuse and there will not be unity to completely shut down.

Well, if the season was canceled, we would draft at 3 next year! Carolina already as 2 QB's which means we would only have to compete with Denver if we wanted Luck-- That is if he is still considered the BEST of the best!

I really hope it does not happen, but I am sure the NFL is looking at labor disputes in other major american sports leagues, like the NHL which did shut down for an entire year in order to get the players to agree to the owners desires. That option was what the NHL guys felt had to be done in order to get their league where they wanted it to be, so they did it. The sport suffered, but its back and its doing well. I know I was into the Sabres series a few weeks ago. I think it is a viable option for the league, and I can see it happening. I really hope it doesn't, but it just might.

Ps. I dont give one iOda about getting Andrew Luck. That is 12 months away. Can we get through this coming season (hopefully) before we start yelling for Andrew Luck? Seriously.

im not an expert on whats going on but as far as i can tell the last deal the owners offered was quite fair

lets also remember the owners got raped last time around - albeit their own fault for not listening to ralph but still they got screwed

finally lets remember the players want full access to financials of the teams. so really they want to take pretty much everything they can and leave the owners with very little actual control over what is going on

so if im an owner i probably feel like im getting painted into a very undesireable corner. at some point you just say well **** if this is the way things are gonna be shoved down my throat then i can just shutter the windows and be kept warm by snuggling up to the many millions i already have. fk the players im going yachting

and i cant say i entirely blame them

im not an expert on whats going on but as far as i can tell the last deal the owners offered was quite fair

lets also remember the owners got raped last time around - albeit their own fault for not listening to ralph but still they got screwed

finally lets remember the players want full access to financials of the teams. so really they want to take pretty much everything they can and leave the owners with very little actual control over what is going on

so if im an owner i probably feel like im getting painted into a very undesireable corner. at some point you just say well **** if this is the way things are gonna be shoved down my throat then i can just shutter the windows and be kept warm by snuggling up to the many millions i already have. fk the players im going yachting

Way to state your case, Mr. Wilson. Glad to see you've been secretly dropping in on TSW. As long as I have your attention, I'd like to ask why you don't sell the team before you croak.

Guest three3

amazing. this has to be the worst take i've ever read on a message board

amazing. this has to be the worst take i've ever read on a message board

While I would not want this to happen at all, why is it the worst take youve ever read?

Well, if the season was canceled, we would draft at 3 next year! Carolina already as 2 QB's which means we would only have to compete with Denver if we wanted Luck-- That is if he is still considered the BEST of the best!

If there is no season at all this year, what happens to the players who were drafted this year?

Could they possibly go back into the next draft if teams are unable to sign them for an entire year?

If there is no season at all this year, what happens to the players who were drafted this year?

Could they possibly go back into the next draft if teams are unable to sign them for an entire year?

my guess is the rights would be retained for whenever there is a season.

Guest three3

as our friend hpalarm (sp?) so eloquently stated, the owners are the biggest overhead expense that the players have.