Washington Capitals owner man-ups to Fans

I can never root for a hockey team from Florida...or the Bruins...so I have to pull for San Jose or Vancouver. Probably Vancouver.

Agreed, and I cant root for the Sharks either. Something about them being an expansion team, and that green color they have...

Also, I back those dudes in the green suits for Vancouver, so I guess Im pulling for Vancouver.

I was kind of pleased to see Washington fall apart though.

If you're a Sabres fan you should not be rooting for any team that hasn't won a cup as of yet. Remember that misery loves company. This means absolutely no rooting for the Sharks or Canucks in the cup since barring big comebacks one of them will be there.

If you're a Sabres fan you should not be rooting for any team that hasn't won a cup as of yet. Remember that misery loves company. This means absolutely no rooting for the Sharks or Canucks in the cup since barring big comebacks one of them will be there.

So instead, you go with such fine alternatives as Philly (ok, they're done) and Boston? No thank you.

So instead, you go with such fine alternatives as Philly (ok, they're done) and Boston? No thank you.

NESN announcers(Edwards and whomever the other putz is)are reason enough to cheer against the Bruins!

As far as the Leonis blog is concerned, I find it interesting he is careful not to mention Boudreau. I see a hell of a lot of Caps games but imho the problem there is on the ice. They should deal Semin and see if they can get more character that will step up to the next level in the playoffs.

NESN announcers(Edwards and whomever the other putz is)are reason enough to cheer against the Bruins!

Try living among these neanderthals. Now that they're about to make the conference finals, people are going to start with the whole "I'm a lifelong, diehard Bruins fan" act.

Yes. You may be forced to root for some hated teams, but better that than having another fanbase enjoy the sweet victory of Lord Stanley's Cup before we do. When determining who to root for among teams that already have a cup, you root for the one who has won more recently first. Therefore the rooting order is:

Lightning

Bruins

(tie)Sharks/Canucks

Agreed.

Plus, there's a Bills-related reason for rooting for the Bruins. Allow me to explain...

Jeremy Jacobs is the owner of the Bruins. He is a very rich man from Buffalo. He's gone on record as having interest in the Bills post-Ralph. If the Bruins win a Cup, he will have already achieved his ultimate goal with the NHL. The Bruins will also be worth more upon selling if they have just won a Cup. See where I'm going with this?

It's quite possible that the very future of the Bills in Buffalo depends on the hated Bruins winning the Cup, no?

Agreed, and I cant root for the Sharks either. Something about them being an expansion team, and that green color they have...

Also, I back those dudes in the green suits for Vancouver, so I guess Im pulling for Vancouver.

I was kind of pleased to see Washington fall apart though.

I can't root for Vancouver--hate those robotic Sedin twins.

I can't root for the Bruins because I hate the Patriots.

I can't root for Philly because they're Philly.

It has to be a San Jose/Tampa Bay final for me...

Yes. You may be forced to root for some hated teams, but better that than having another fanbase enjoy the sweet victory of Lord Stanley's Cup before we do. When determining who to root for among teams that already have a cup, you root for the one who has won more recently first. Therefore the rooting order is:

Lightning

Bruins

(tie)Sharks/Canucks

Ha, i thought i was the only person who thinks like this. i'm definitely rooting for the Lightning at this point. It pains me that they could possibly win their second cup but the damage is already done (since they already have a recent Cup in their back pocket). I'll deviate a bit and root for San Jose second since Boston hasn't won one in so long.. I don't want beantowners to get another championship and Stanley Cup. San Jose is somewhat harmless for me since they are in the Western Conference and I went to a game in the Shark Tank this year. Vancouver is a definitely NO since they are a twin of the Sabres (born the same year) and i don't want them enjoying a Cup before us.

My hatred for the Miami Dolphins is so great (I was born into it), I can not, under any circumstance, root for any team, at any level, from the state of Florida. If the Dolphins and Bucs ever made it to the same Super Bowl, I think my head would just explode...but I would pull for the Bucs, no doubt! <_<

Agreed.

Plus, there's a Bills-related reason for rooting for the Bruins. Allow me to explain...

Jeremy Jacobs is the owner of the Bruins. He is a very rich man from Buffalo. He's gone on record as having interest in the Bills post-Ralph. If the Bruins win a Cup, he will have already achieved his ultimate goal with the NHL. The Bruins will also be worth more upon selling if they have just won a Cup. See where I'm going with this?

It's quite possible that the very future of the Bills in Buffalo depends on the hated Bruins winning the Cup, no?

The Bruins and that arena are a cash cow. He will never sell them. That and Jacobs essentially runs the NHL. He'll never walk away from that.

I can never root for a hockey team from Florida...or the Bruins...so I have to pull for San Jose or Vancouver. Probably Vancouver.

See I have a hard time rooting for West Coast teams, and Canadien teams.

That's 2 strikes against the Canucks...

GO SHARKS!!!!

I apply this pricnciple to the NFL, but not as much to the NHL.