Can you imagine Michael Jasper on Special Teams?

Late December, 2004, Cincinnati.

A close game becomes a blowout largely due to the play of an undrafted rookie tight end from the Buffalo Bills

His name? Jason Peters. 6 ft 4½ 328 lb 4.93 40 time, 29 inch Vertical, 9 ft 7 in Broad Jump, 21 rep 225 bench Press

On Special teams he first made his mark - blocking punts and blowing apart opposing team wedges. Eventually he became a pro bowl offensive tackle.

Enter, stage left, Nose Tackle/Offensive Tackle Michael Jasper.

6 ft 4½ 373 lb 5.38 40 time, 32 inch Vertical, 9 ft 5 in Broad Jump, 34 rep 225 Bench Press

The similarities are in height and broad jump. Peters was faster but Jasper is much stronger, heavier, and can leap a lot higher and is a lot smarter.

Now picture Jasper lining up as the lead man in the new two man wedge on kickoff returns. Pain.

Put him over the long snapper on punts and field goals - push forward and jump high and extend. Hmmmmmmmm

Oh God - let him make the team.....please.

C'mon dude, I think the guy is a great find but runnin down the field on special teams is stretchin his abilities, lets see if he play nose first.

Interesting. I thought that Peters would have had a better VJ than that and would have benched 225# more than 21 times. And if Jasper could get down to 328#, it wouldn't put it past him to run a sub-5.0 40-yard.

328?! are you stupid or somethin? Trust me 375 is as low as he needs to be, we want a nose not another small guy trying to be one.

+1. This guy has the right attitude, and looks like he could play anywhere. DE, NT, Carry the ball on the goal-line.

...kicker.

C'mon dude, I think the guy is a great find but runnin down the field on special teams is stretchin his abilities, lets see if he play nose first.

328?! are you stupid or somethin? Trust me 375 is as low as he needs to be, we want a nose not another small guy trying to be one.

I said "if Jasper could get down to 328#," not "I hope Jasper gets down to 328#." IOW, at the same weight, Jasper would probably have a similar 40-time.

And Jasper said he plans on being 360# for training camp. I doubt he came up with that number on his own.

I was thinking the same. Imagine 1st and goal! TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!

Put him the backfield as a blocking back or give him the ball. Other teams will be gasping - so we could call him Gasper?

Jasper hype has to get tempered. Never seen so much hype for a 7th round pick before :w00t:

Seriously the guy might not even make the team let alone start or make a serious impact. Although Special teams may give him an outlet to contribute.