OT: COWARDS!

Mediaman

(1010 WINS) (ELMONT, N.Y.) Two men robbed a woman returning to her Long Island home and then stabbed her 3-year-old daughter twice, police said.

The attack happened at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, when the men confronted the woman and child outside their house in Elmont. The robbers pushed their way inside, took the girl into another room and demanded money and an ATM card from the woman, Nassau County police said.

After the woman handed over the card and some cash, one of the men punched her in the head and then both fled, police said.

When police arrived, they discovered the girl had suffered two stab wounds to the abdomen. She was listed in stable condition at Winthrop University Hospital.

There were no arrests.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you imagine if she had only carried a hand gun in her purse? "Hold on, my card is in my handbag. Cover your ears honey" is the last thing those a-holes would have heard.

if more people were allowed to use our God-given rights to own and carry a gun, the more of a risk it becomes targeting a woman and child.

can you imagine if she had only carried a hand gun in her purse? "Hold on, my card is in my handbag. Cover your ears honey" is the last thing those a-holes would have heard.

if more people were allowed to use our God-given rights to own and carry a gun, the more of a risk it becomes targeting a woman and child.

163262[/snapback]

I'm not arguing the validity of an amendment of the United States Constitution here, but is that really a document from God?

(1010 WINS) (ELMONT, N.Y.) Two men robbed a woman returning to her Long Island home and then stabbed her 3-year-old daughter twice, police said.

The attack happened at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, when the men confronted the woman and child outside their house in Elmont. The robbers pushed their way inside, took the girl into another room and demanded money and an ATM card from the woman, Nassau County police said.

After the woman handed over the card and some cash, one of the men punched her in the head and then both fled, police said.

When police arrived, they discovered the girl had suffered two stab wounds to the abdomen. She was listed in stable condition at Winthrop University Hospital.

There were no arrests.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

163203[/snapback]

Should be investigated as a "Hate Crime", and the criminals, when caught, should be tied down, so the woman's family can beat them with baseball bats. That's a start.

163262[/snapback]

...or the last sound she ever heard as they used her gun to kill her and her child. Thank God, both are alive.

...or the last sound she ever heard as they used her gun to kill her and her child.  Thank God, both are alive.

163270[/snapback]

you are very funny. read what you wrote, please. entertain yourself. did you notice these a-holes STABBED and PUNCHED??????? but you still blame guns.

You are hilarious.

I'm not arguing the validity of an amendment of the United States Constitution here, but is that really a document from God?

163265[/snapback]

God given, meaning we should't have to be given the right to protect ourselves. It's already ours. I mentioned nothing of the Constitution for that reason.

you are very funny. read what you wrote, please. entertain yourself. did you notice these a-holes STABBED and PUNCHED??????? but you still blame guns.

You are hilarious.

163276[/snapback]

no, what he's saying is, if the woman had a gun, there is a chance (ya know, with there being TWO MEN) that one of them could have grabbed it from her and killed both of them.

(he said HER gun - read what he wrote, please. entertain yourself).

You really think adding a gun into this situation would have HELPED it?

holy crap....

no, what he's saying is, if the woman had a gun, there is a chance (ya know, with there being TWO MEN) that one of them could have grabbed it from her and killed both of them.

holy crap....

163284[/snapback]

Sure, if it shot the pricks!

Sure, if it shot the pricks!

163290[/snapback]

too bad 'if' is only a two letter word, because it is HUGE in that sentence. What "if" she was nervous (couldn't possible imagine that) and she missed one of them. What if they took the gun? Unless she pulls a gun out of her purse, shoots one of them, then shoots the other, not missing or fumbling, or giving the guys time to react (all while as scared as she has ever been), then something bad will happen.

holy crap....

163284[/snapback]

yes. in her purse? you betcha!!!

again you miss my point, if more criminals have to face more risk (i.e. potential victim carrying heat) allot of this sh-- would cease.

and by saying HER gun, he was implying that a woman cannot defend herself against two men even if she has a gun. I know plenty of women who carry and are quite skilled. Her chances of getting the gun and using it to save herself and child would have been pretty good considering they needed her to get the ATM card and use it. The card in their hands with her lying there dead from a bullet from her own gun would not do them any good.

her chances with a gun are greater than her chances without one. ask the mom and the girl if they feel "fortunate". Ask her if she wishes she had a gun when this hapened and i'm pretty sure she'd say yes.