OT: COWARDS!

Mediaman

You find one place where I've ever said something even remotely similiar.  Hint:  It doesn't exist.

I'm sick of the uninformed pissing on the Constitutional right that our ancestors spilled their blood to ensure.

164435[/snapback]

Darin, go re-read my post.

I said "let me at least take your sentence and say it to some others here"

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just how do you know that for certain? Many, many times-the perp retreats out the door as fast as he can at the mere sight of a firearm. It's very low percentage for them. It's much easier to rob or rape a defenseless target. One would assume that these are easy to find.

If they advance, the key thing is to be willing to use it once it comes out. In situations where people have had their own weapon used against them, chances are they were unfamiliar with the weapon (lack of training/practice) or lacked the will to actually use it (shouldn't have had one, not emotionally equipped).

164402[/snapback]

I hear you and agree... You last paragraph says it all... You gotta be willing to use. I am not at all against firearms.

I don't know and neither do you.  But the "carte blanche" attitude that introducing a firearm would have automatically made it worse pisses me off, as does the use of stupid media stories from the anti-gun side of the argument.

You don't want to own a gun?  Fine.  Just don't demonize them like you're some kind of expert on the subject.

164409[/snapback]

I didn't feel that I was demonizing it... Just realizing that some are not able to carry through with their actions as your family or you might... In that case, it is better not to introduce it.

In my case, I would feel perfectly comfortable carrying out an armed action... I can't say that about my wife, she just wouldn't be comfortable... As much as I love her, that kinda of bothers me... Yet, I accept that those are her actions and a firearm would make the matter worsse.

I see your point... Yet, it doesn't always go smooth.  Most likely the story would have read "3 yr old gets accidently shot by mother,"  or " dirt bags shoot mother and child with mother's gun."

What we just laid out are the possible outcomes... Of course I would take the best, it also carries the most risk... Some don't see it that way, fine.

Lay out all possible outcomes and you will see that introducing a firearm makes EVERYTHING that much more risky... Nothing works perfectly in life.

164372[/snapback]

You are more likely to be killed in a car accident, fall in your tub, or be killed by a doctors mistake than be shot.

http://www.mercola.com/1999/archive/medical_mistakes.htm

http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm

haha... you're funny. That's EXACTLY what I said.

No, what I said was, gun supporters can come up with 7 stories. SEVEN.

Whereas one simple google will tell you that EVERY YEAR 100,000+ people are injured or killed because obviously people aren't as well trained in gun handling as you assume they should be...

100,000 to SEVEN.

Oh, and by the way, his SEVEN stories span 39 years... am i saying guns have only helped in 7 situations over that time span? Of course not. But only an idiot can't see that they have done more harm than good.

164230[/snapback]

You haven't come up with one. You state an opinion, but show no facts. At least the 7 stories point to facts.

You are more likely to be killed in a car accident, fall in your tub, or be killed by a doctors mistake than be shot.

http://www.mercola.com/1999/archive/medical_mistakes.htm

http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds.htm

164504[/snapback]

I realize that... I refuse to be paralyzed by fear. And for the record, I am not calling for removal of our constitutional rights. I just don't think a firearm would have helped in this situation... And as Simon put it, "there is more to the story."

I realize that... I refuse to be paralyzed by fear.  And for the record, I am not calling for removal of our constitutional rights. I just don't think a firearm would have helped in this situation... And as Simon put it, "there is more to the story."

164524[/snapback]

A firearm + training + the willingness to use it WOULD have helped in this story. There would be two dead criminals, and a child without abdomenal stab wounds.

You haven't come up with one.  You state an opinion, but show no facts.  At least the 7 stories point to facts.

164522[/snapback]

I showed no facts?

Sorry, I'll try to find a source that is more credible than The US Center for Disease Control and Prevention...

:o

A firearm + training + the willingness to use it WOULD have helped in this story. There would be two dead criminals, and a child without abdomenal stab wounds.

164629[/snapback]

You can say that but, nothing is set in stone. There are so many variables to this story... Would she have pulled a loaded gun out from under her hat? Or do you think a handgun would have been kept out of site, unloaded, knowing a 3 year old child was around?...

We just don't know what would have happened?... IMHO, in more instances, the plan of defending yourself with that firearm would have taken numerous twists.

Just be thankful that both are alive and recovering... If they want to take a different route next time, let them.

The right to bear arms is one of the many things listed in the Bill of Rights that makes this country so awesome. You may not like guns, but don't deciede that no one should have them because of your belief that they are bad. Don't carry a gun if you don't want. I know that I will be able to protect myself and my family when and if the circumstances warrant. No one will stab my wife, any of my children, or any other innocent person if I am around. Even you!

The right to bear arms is one of the many things listed in the Bill of Rights that makes this country so awesome.  You may not like guns, but don't deciede that no one should have them because of your belief that they are bad.  Don't carry a gun if you don't want.  I know that I will be able to protect myself and my family when and if the circumstances warrant.  No one will stab my wife, any of my children, or any other innocent person if I am around.  Even you!

164665[/snapback]

Still (and I'm probably one of the more ardent supporters of the second ammendment) I'm not comfortable with folks that just go buy one, load it, and put it in the drawer. When someone is breaking down the door is a poor time to fire a weapon for the first time.

Still (and I'm probably one of the more ardent supporters of the second ammendment) I'm not comfortable with folks that just go buy one, load it, and put it in the drawer. When someone is breaking down the door is a poor time to fire a weapon for the first time.

164697[/snapback]

In addition to that, if you ask someone how they are going to protect their kids from a gun, they will tell you that it is always kept locked up. (which it should be with kids in the house). But, if its locked up, and you need it at a seconds notice, it's kind of not worth the risk, no?

I mean, its a catch-22 for gun activists.

In addition to that, if you ask someone how they are going to protect their kids from a gun, they will tell you that it is always kept locked up. (which it should be with kids in the house). But, if its locked up, and you need it at a seconds notice, it's kind of not worth the risk, no?

I mean, its a catch-22 for gun activists.

164702[/snapback]

I fortunately don't have that problem. I live alone. I actually use a loaded .380 as a paperweight on my desk.

This, to me, could be a good fit for the "smart gun" technology, where the gun is electronically "fitted" to it's owner. No one else is able to fire it. That way, one could have a loaded 9 on the shelf, without fear of the kids blowing each other away.

I fortunately don't have that problem. I live alone. I actually use a loaded .380 as a paperweight on my desk.

This, to me, could be a good fit for the "smart gun" technology, where the gun is electronically "fitted" to it's owner. No one else is able to fire it. That way, one could have a loaded 9 on the shelf, without fear of the kids blowing each other away.

164709[/snapback]

oh.... my.....god....

I just searched for ".380" on google images. . . I then clicked on the first picture that came up... (a guy in a blue jacket walking in a wooded area). After clicking on that, it gives you a bunch of pics. I clicked on the first one. It's one of those things you cannot unsee....

seriously... WTF? Is that legal?

164709[/snapback]

As long as it's of the biometric variety, as opposed to the RFID.

It would also prevent an assailant from turning your own gun against you.

oh.... my.....god....

I just searched for ".380" on google images. . . I then clicked on the first picture that came up... (a guy in a blue jacket walking in a wooded area). After clicking on that, it gives you a bunch of pics. I clicked on the first one. It's one of those things you cannot unsee....

seriously... WTF? Is that legal?

164714[/snapback]

You'd have to post the link. .380 is the caliber of a weapon, it's actually a short cased 9mm. The one I'm refering to is a small backup double action semi auto pistol I carry when I'm not wearing enough to cover my full sized 9.

AMT .380 BU

You'd have to post the link. .380 is the caliber of a weapon, it's actually a short cased 9mm. The one I'm refering to is a small backup double action semi auto pistol I carry when I'm not wearing enough to cover my full sized 9.

164728[/snapback]

no f-cking way I'm posting that link...

I know .380 is a caliber of gun. I just wanted to see what you were using as a paper weight :o

So I googled: ".380" with Google images... The first picture was what appeared to be a guy in the woods with a gun.

I clicked. It lead to a page of pictures. I couldn't really make out the first one. I open it, and its about 5 10-14 year old kids (boys) naked in a "tent" made out of twigs and things. WTF?

seriously... WTF...

no f-cking way I'm posting that link...

I know .380 is a caliber of gun. I just wanted to see what you were using as a paper weight :lol:

So I googled: ".380" with Google images...  The first picture was what appeared to be a guy in the woods with a gun.

I clicked. It lead to a page of pictures. I couldn't really make out the first one. I open it, and its about 5 10-14 year old kids (boys) naked in a "tent" made out of twigs and things. WTF?

seriously... WTF...

164733[/snapback]

I tried not to see that. :o Linked to mine in an edit.