OT: COWARDS!

Mediaman

too bad 'if' is only a two letter word, because it is HUGE in that sentence. What "if" she was nervous (couldn't possible imagine that) and she missed one of them. What if they took the gun? Unless she pulls a gun out of her purse, shoots one of them, then shoots the other, not missing or fumbling, or giving the guys time to react (all while as scared as she has ever been), then something bad will happen.

163292[/snapback]

"If" is right.

"If" only she had walked down another street.

She would have been safe...etc.

Those pricks picked her and her daughter because they were easy prey.

A woman trained to use a gun might equalize things a bit

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad 'if' is only a two letter word, because it is HUGE in that sentence. What "if" she was nervous (couldn't possible imagine that) and she missed one of them. What if they took the gun? Unless she pulls a gun out of her purse, shoots one of them, then shoots the other, not missing or fumbling, or giving the guys time to react (all while as scared as she has ever been), then something bad will happen.

163292[/snapback]

more uneducated babble. If this woman carried a gun, she would most likely have had some very extensive training. a well trained individual with a gun (yes WOMEN too) can be amazingly accurate and composed knowing they have the "ace in the hole". Think about it.

There are a lot of Leftists on this thread, who are responding to the gun issue in the way they've been conditioned. It's no use arguing with such people, because they don't respond to logic when it comes to any issue about which they've been programmed.

Logic states that if a woman a) had a gun, and b) was used to firing the gun, and c) had developed a certain amount of mental self-discipline in dangerous situations, that she could have been the next Bernard Goetz. Instead, her three-year-old child has two stab wounds in the abdomen. Not only would a gun have prevented this crime, it would have prevented any future crimes these men would otherwise have committed.

163292[/snapback]

Lets say she missed one of them, but the other one is laying on the ground DEAD. Do you really think the other rocket scientist is going to try to take the gun away? These guys stabbed a 3 year old, they didn't even have the marbles to stab an adult. The other guy would have crabbed his pants and run away...........

163292[/snapback]

IF happens all the time.

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, N.Y., 11/10/00

State: NY

American Rifleman Issue: 3/1/2001

When a youth allegedly pulled a knife on two women one of whom was pregnant in Jamestown, N.Y., and threatened to cut them, neighbor Jeffery Moore became alarmed and decided to act. After going outside his house to investigate the ruckus, Moore returned to his house, instructed his wife to call police and retrieved his licensed handgun. Moore reported that when he went back outside he heard the youth say, "I am going to cut you like a pig. I'm going to slice you up." He replied, "Step away ... I have a gun. Get down on your knees and keep your hands where I can see them." Police arrived within a minute to find the neutralized attacker. "If I had not intervened, I don't know if they would have come out of this unscathed," said Moore regarding the women.

The Columbia County News Times, Martinez, GA, 3/20/02

State: GA

American Rifleman Issue: 6/1/2002

When a would-be robber pulled a knife on the owner of a Harlem, Ga., convenience store, she responded by pulling out a .38-cal. revolver. Eunice Jernigan says she's been keeping a gun at her store for 20 years, ever since she was first threatened with a knife. On March 14, two young men entered her store, picked up several items and brought them to the counter. One man turned away from Jernigan and asked the other for some money to purchase the items. When he turned back toward her, the man laid a knife on the counter. "He had his hand on it and he said, 'Give me the money out of the register.' I backed up ... and got my gun ... I pointed it straight at him." Jernigan said she then told him she would blow his brains out, "and out the door they went."

The Bee, Sacramento, CA, 1/24/87

State: CA

American Rifleman Issue: 4/1/1987

When a man kicked in the door of Vicki Stroud's Sacramento, Calif., home and began beating her, Stroud's 16-year-old son told the intruder to stop. As the attack continued, the boy went into his mother's bedroom, got a .357 Mag. and returned to fatally shoot his mother's assailant. Police said the shooting was justifiable.

The Star-News, Pasadena, CA, 9/20/86

American Rifleman Issue: 12/1/1986

When two armed men broke into his family's estate home in Arcadia, Calif., and one held a gun to his mother's head and the other went after his sister with a knife, 14-year-old Chuck Bluth dialed 911. Then he grabbed a rifle, quickly loaded it and fired once as the knife-wielding intruder lunged at him. The shot killed his 220-lb. assailant. The second man fled. Police said no charges would be filed against the teenager.

The Daily Californian, Berkeley, CA

American Rifleman Issue: 7/1/1986

The intruder had already raped the young mother at knifepoint in the presence of her children, and was leading her to another room. While he was distracted, the Lemon Grove, Calif., woman grabbed a handgun. As the rapist approached her with the knife, she fired once, wounding him critically.

The Stockton Record, Stockton, CA

American Rifleman Issue: 3/1/1972

Mrs. Eugenia Valentini, 69, of Stockton, Calif., screamed for her daughter when awakened early one morning by a burglar. Snatching up a .22 pistol, Miss Anna Valentini rushed to her mother's room, shot the intruder once and held him for police.

Tribune, Oakland, CA

American Rifleman Issue: 5/1/1963

When Mrs. Darlene Cucchiara was awakened by noises, this Pleasant Hill, Calif., mother of four small children loaded her .22 revolver and went downstairs to investigate. She found a man waiting just inside the kitchen door. When the intruder attempted to grab her, Mrs. Cucchiara fired six shots at her assailant at close range. He screamed and jumped through the open kitchen window. He was found in critical condition in the driveway by police.

There are a lot of Leftists on this thread, who are responding to the gun issue in the way they've been conditioned. It's no use arguing with such people, because they don't respond to logic when it comes to any issue about which they've been programmed.

Logic states that if a woman a) had a gun, and b) was used to firing the gun, and c) had developed a certain amount of mental self-discipline in dangerous situations, that she could have been the next Bernard Goetz. Instead, her three-year-old child has two stab wounds in the abdomen. Not only would a gun have prevented this crime, it would have prevented any future crimes these men would otherwise have committed.

164119[/snapback]

Funny you bring up Bernie Goetz. I was just thinking of him when this thread started. It was horrible how the bedwetters and Sheeple completely spun it around so that he was the deranged criminal. Oh those poor young boys in the subway.

the Brainwashing is so scary to me.

IF happens all the time.

When a youth allegedly pulled a knife on two women one of whom was pregnant in Jamestown, N.Y., and threatened to cut them, neighbor Jeffery Moore became alarmed and decided to act. After going outside his house to investigate the ruckus, Moore returned to his house, instructed his wife to call police and retrieved his licensed handgun. Moore reported that when he went back outside he heard the youth say, "I am going to cut you like a pig. I'm going to slice you up." He replied, "Step away ... I have a gun. Get down on your knees and keep your hands where I can see them." Police arrived within a minute to find the neutralized attacker. "If I had not intervened, I don't know if they would have come out of this unscathed," said Moore regarding the women. 

When a would-be robber pulled a knife on the owner of a Harlem, Ga., convenience store, she responded by pulling out a .38-cal. revolver. Eunice Jernigan says she's been keeping a gun at her store for 20 years, ever since she was first threatened with a knife. On March 14, two young men entered her store, picked up several items and brought them to the counter. One man turned away from Jernigan and asked the other for some money to purchase the items. When he turned back toward her, the man laid a knife on the counter. "He had his hand on it and he said, 'Give me the money out of the register.' I backed up ... and got my gun ... I pointed it straight at him." Jernigan said she then told him she would blow his brains out, "and out the door they went." 

When a man kicked in the door of Vicki Stroud's Sacramento, Calif., home and began beating her, Stroud's 16-year-old son told the intruder to stop. As the attack continued, the boy went into his mother's bedroom, got a .357 Mag. and returned to fatally shoot his mother's assailant. Police said the shooting was justifiable. 

When two armed men broke into his family's estate home in Arcadia, Calif., and one held a gun to his mother's head and the other went after his sister with a knife, 14-year-old Chuck Bluth dialed 911. Then he grabbed a rifle, quickly loaded it and fired once as the knife-wielding intruder lunged at him. The shot killed his 220-lb. assailant. The second man fled. Police said no charges would be filed against the teenager.

164149[/snapback]

Damn,

If only John (LIBERAL) Kerry had won....... all of these people would be held accountable for there actions.. Those people were just looking for food, they were good people......... Shame on those violent republicans for having guns.

I knew there was a way to Blame GWB for this....

Damn,

If only John (LIBERAL) Kerry had won.......  all of these people would be held accountable for there actions..  Those people were just looking for food, they were good people......... Shame on those violent republicans for having guns.

I knew there was a way to Blame GWB for this....

164161[/snapback]

word.

these poor misguided youths, victims of our horrible country, need coddling and understanding. once we get all of them rehabilited, we will have world peace.

:D

IF happens all the time.

The Daily Californian, Berkeley, CA 

American Rifleman Issue: 7/1/1986 

The intruder had already raped the young mother at knifepoint in the presence of her children, and was leading her to another room. While he was distracted, the Lemon Grove, Calif., woman grabbed a handgun. As the rapist approached her with the knife, she fired once, wounding him critically.

The Stockton Record, Stockton, CA 

American Rifleman Issue: 3/1/1972 

Mrs. Eugenia Valentini, 69, of Stockton, Calif., screamed for her daughter when awakened early one morning by a burglar. Snatching up a .22 pistol, Miss Anna Valentini rushed to her mother's room, shot the intruder once and held him for police. 

Tribune, Oakland, CA 

American Rifleman Issue: 5/1/1963 

When Mrs. Darlene Cucchiara was awakened by noises, this Pleasant Hill, Calif., mother of four small children loaded her .22 revolver and went downstairs to investigate. She found a man waiting just inside the kitchen door. When the intruder attempted to grab her, Mrs. Cucchiara fired six shots at her assailant at close range. He screamed and jumped through the open kitchen window. He was found in critical condition in the driveway by police.

164149[/snapback]

good stuff. the brainwashed will get bored after reading the 1st one. then they'd skip the rest and continue on with their "But, but, but" and their "If if if..."

btw, ever read "Ballad of Carl Drega"? lots of these type of accounts in that book.

sadly, there are also accounts of the other results.

Funny you bring up Bernie Goetz. I was just thinking of him when this thread started. It was horrible how the bedwetters and Sheeple completely spun it around so that he was the deranged criminal. Oh those poor young boys in the subway.

the Brainwashing is so scary to me.

164153[/snapback]

Bernie Goetz....one of the great 'everyman' heroes in recent history.

"You don't look so bad, have another"

Bernie Goetz....one of the great 'everyman' heroes in recent history.

"You don't look so bad, have another"

164176[/snapback]

When the Bernie Goetz story broke, most people I knew then, black and white, said they had it coming. That incident happened at a time when the NYC subways were not as safe as they claim to be now. We were all fed up being the vulnerable prey and felt vindicated. For many of us NYC residents he truly was a hero.

good stuff. the brainwashed will get bored after reading the 1st one. then they'd skip the rest and continue on with their "But, but, but" and their "If if if..."

btw, ever read "Ballad of Carl Drega"?  lots of these type of accounts in that book.

sadly, there are also accounts of the other results.

164175[/snapback]

Yep, I will get bored, because for each of these stories, there are dozens of stories where guns cause death or injury when it isnt needed.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control/prevention, about 1400 total people die from accidental gunshot wounds and about 100,000 are injured accidentally with gunshots per year.

So thanks for your ...um.... SEVEN stories of when they helped out...

Yep, I will get bored, because for each of these stories, there are dozens of stories where guns cause death or injury when it isnt needed.

According to the US Centers for Disease Control/prevention, about 1400 total people die from accidental gunshot wounds and about 100,000 are injured accidentally with gunshots per year.

164215[/snapback]

see what I mean.

Steve would rather be stabbed to death than save himself with a pistol.

see what I mean.

Steve would rather be stabbed to death than save himself with a pistol.

164222[/snapback]

haha... you're funny. That's EXACTLY what I said.

No, what I said was, gun supporters can come up with 7 stories. SEVEN.

Whereas one simple google will tell you that EVERY YEAR 100,000+ people are injured or killed because obviously people aren't as well trained in gun handling as you assume they should be...

100,000 to SEVEN.

Oh, and by the way, his SEVEN stories span 39 years... am i saying guns have only helped in 7 situations over that time span? Of course not. But only an idiot can't see that they have done more harm than good.

can you imagine if she had only carried a hand gun in her purse? "Hold on, my card is in my handbag. Cover your ears honey" is the last thing those a-holes would have heard.

if more people were allowed to use our God-given rights to own and carry a gun, the more of a risk it becomes targeting a woman and child.

163262[/snapback]

Yah... Right... There is more chance the bullet would have bounced off something and killed the kid.

164215[/snapback]

another thing "......guns cause...."

Guns? They have a mind of their own? :D

The evil rays of the sun cause skin cancer too. Look up those stats.

How about looking up deaths caused by stab wounds too. How about car accidents (not alcohol related)? let's ban knives and autos too.

:lol:

another thing "......guns cause...."

Guns? They have a mind of their own? :D

164234[/snapback]

So, let's make fireworks legal for a start.

Then, lets make pipe bombs legal.

I mean, they don't have minds of their own. So, as long as the owner is responsible, who cares.

The fact is, guns of course do not have minds of their own, and this is always the last line of argument for a gun suppporter. He has ran out of anything intelligent to say, so use the "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" line.

Well, guns do one hell of a job as an assistant.

haha... you're funny. That's EXACTLY what I said.

No, what I said was, gun supporters can come up with 7 stories. SEVEN.

Whereas one simple google will tell you that EVERY YEAR 100,000+ people are injured or killed because obviously people aren't as well trained in gun handling as you assume they should be...

100,000 to SEVEN.

Oh, and by the way, his SEVEN stories span 39 years... am i saying guns have only helped in 7 situations over that time span? Of course not. But only an idiot can't see that they have done more harm than good.

164230[/snapback]

"...But only an idiot can't see that they have done more harm than good."

another LIE. How do you suppose this country got out of the grips of tyrrany? couldn't have been our ability to produce and operate fire arms. Nah, that just doesn't match your "stats".

you are so blind that it's comical. :D really it is. and sad at the same time. :lol:

So, let's make fireworks legal for a start.

Then, lets make pipe bombs legal.

I mean, they don't have minds of their own. So, as long as the owner is responsible, who cares.

The fact is, guns of course do not have minds of their own, and this is always the last line of argument for a gun suppporter. He has ran out of anything intelligent to say, so use the "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" line.

Well, guns do one hell of a job as an assistant.

164241[/snapback]

they also assist in protection, Steve. you know why you can't find stats on how many lives they have helped save EVEN BY NOT BEING FIRED??? of coarse you can't. the #'s are invisible. But so's electricity, and even an idiot knows electricity is real w/o actually seeing it.