Round 5 (Pick 133): RB Johnny White - North Carolina

Acantha

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waste of a pick. No matter what, you try and draft starters or guys who could develop into starters. Should have picked best available ot or go with stanzi.

You try and pick immediate starters in the fifth round? Good luck with that. This guy can contribute on special teams right away and looks to be a good situational back. That seems like pretty good value in the fifth round to me.

You try and pick immediate starters in the fifth round? Good luck with that. This guy can contribute on special teams right away and looks to be a good situational back. That seems like pretty good value in the fifth round to me.

Yep, just like the last RB we took in the 5th round. Although our division rivals ended up using him a lot more then we ever did, I always liked that pick. :thumbsup:

I don't know…the scouting reports are good but I just don't like the idea of a White running back.

Scouting reports are great, the first says he can't block the second says he excels at blocking. Scouts don't know crap most of the time and look only at the measurables, size & speed, that is why we get people like maybin and mike williams.

Scouting reports are great, the first says he can't block the second says he excels at blocking. Scouts don't know crap most of the time and look only at the measurables, size & speed, that is why we get people like maybin and mike williams.

Ain't this the truth. The first report I read on Johnny White said he didn't have good hands. Well, I know that's not the case since I watch every UNC game and he started the season at WIDE RECEIVER because of injuries. He was also a third down back.

Honestly, I don't put any stock into "scouting reports" at all. Half of the crap appears to be made up.

Yep, just like the last RB we took in the 5th round. Although our division rivals ended up using him a lot more then we ever did, I always liked that pick. :thumbsup:

Not sure who yo're talking about, but most players selected in the fifth round are not expected to be immediate starters. That was my point. If he can contribute on special teams and work his way into the running back rotation at all, then this was a good pick.

Waste of a pick. No matter what, you try and draft starters or guys who could develop into starters. Should have picked best available ot or go with stanzi.

The combination of initial burst and vision make White a dangerous runner. He is able to quickly decipher post snap information and find the proper running lane. He avoids wasted motions and prefers to make one cut and get up the field. White is able to locate cutback lanes when they present themselves. When in space, he does a good job of running with patience and setting up his blockers. His patience and vision are a major contributors to his ability to score from long distances.

You mean like the dancer M.Lynch? :wallbash:

It's kind of curious how many were on Gailey's Senior Bowl roster as well. Now that we're almost in the 7th round, maybe they should let Modrak out of the men's room? :devil:

Nooooo!!!! Keep him in there!

Not sure who yo're talking about, but most players selected in the fifth round are not expected to be immediate starters. That was my point. If he can contribute on special teams and work his way into the running back rotation at all, then this was a good pick.

I believe he's referring to Sammy Morris.

This guy seems pretty good. I still would have liked a 3rd running back to be more of a short yardage bruiser. It's a little disconcerting that our heaviest RB is 215 lb.

Have you forgotten about Corey McIntyre and Jehuu Caulcrick? C-Mac is one of the best blocking FB's in the league, a ST beast, and from the limitted short yardage runs he had last year, very effective. Then there is the dark horse in Caulcrick. The kid was a beast @ Michigan State. Although, he' a relative unknown, I can see him being a good role player for us.

Jackson, who I love, isn't exactly as young as some other guys that have been in the leqgue the same amount of time...he was older when he made the team in the first place...now he's 30, and regardless of not taken a beating for as many years as other RB's his age, he's still 30...

Anyone who says a RB was a waste of a pick is a complete moron...i'm pretty stoked on this kid, and I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the line up this year!

Nice run by White

youtube.com/watch?v=n21LdmFyFMo&feature=related

Nice moves, would like to see some film of him catching.

I like the way the QB (#13) follows up on the play and picks off the last defender (#57) with a shot on White. Doesn't put himeself in harm's way, just gets in the way and forces a check. QB has balls and a head.

I hear the Texans drafted him (Yates), they have 3 QB on the roster already. Someone to keep an eye on perhaps if they cut him.

This is certainly a blow to Xavier Oman

He got cut in 2009.

I know…but Xavier is a very sensitive person…I agree with Haven…he probably took this real hard.

Seriously, one injury to Jackson or Spiller and this team is VERY thin at running back.

As Nix said…"you have to have three guys there."