After a couple more years of getting beat by Brady

After a really good day, day two of the draft for the Bills has been more of last years garbage. With Mallet still available in the 3rd round, how do you pass him up? Now when Brady retires we will get our butts kicked by Mallet for a decade plus. Buddy and Co. dropped the ball in day two of the draft. I had very little confidence in our front office going into yesterday, but the pick of Dareus was actually a good pick, but what they gained in my book yesterday, the lost today. I am convinced we will always be a also-ran in the NFL. What happened to Ralph saying they were going to get a franchise QB? Did Buddy give him a pill and send him to bed? So frustrating. Very tired of losing but it isn't going to end anytime soon.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After a really good day, day two of the draft for the Bills has been more of last years garbage. With Mallet still available in the 3rd round, how do you pass him up? Now when Brady retires we will get our butts kicked by Mallet for a decade plus. Buddy and Co. dropped the ball in day two of the draft. I had very little confidence in our front office going into yesterday, but the pick of Dareus was actually a good pick, but what they gained in my book yesterday, the lost today. I am convinced we will always be a also-ran in the NFL. What happened to Ralph saying they were going to get a franchise QB? Did Buddy give him a pill and send him to bed? So frustrating. Very tired of losing but it isn't going to end anytime soon.

FIVE. FIVE years of Brady. Do you think Ryan Mallet will sit behind Brady for that long? They only was he takes a snap as a Pat is if Brady is hurt or he's taking a knee in a blowout.

Scenario A: Mallett backs up Brady for a yr or two, plays well when given oppty and gets traded for much higher picks a 3rd rounder (like Cassell)

Scenario B: Mallett backs up Brady for 2-3 years, plays well. NE trades Brady for several high picks (like Bledsoe)

Scenrio C: Mallett doesn't pan out and the Pats waste a 3rd round pick.

Basically a no lose proposition for the Pats. Once again they prove to be smarter thsn the rest of the league and totally piss me off.

How many teams with a need for a QB passed on him. This is reminding me of the outrage last year with Clausen. Mallet has a lot to prove. He is lucky that he gets to sit for a while and has no pressure on him (as he would in Buffalo before he would in NE). In the end, he still is going to be slow and dumb.

Gil Brandt said on Sirius earlier that he would not take Mallet in the seventh round. Given the wide range in opinion about him, I just do not know how anyone can be so sure that Mallet is going to be great in the NFL. I think that it is more likely that he will be a bust. We will not know until he gets a chance to start. For our team right now, I have no problem with the Bills not picking him.

How many teams with a need for a QB passed on him. This is reminding me of the outrage last year with Clausen.

agreed. people got so mad when we passed on clausen in the 2nd round last year.... and look how that turned out for carolina. If we took clausen, we would probably have taken newton this year.

Well, I see you chose your screen name correctly

You seem to have omitted part of it though (fixed)

What a blat ass.

Scenario A: Mallett backs up Brady for a yr or two, plays well when given oppty and gets traded for much higher picks a 3rd rounder (like Cassell)

Scenario B: Mallett backs up Brady for 2-3 years, plays well. NE trades Brady for several high picks (like Bledsoe)

Basically a no lose proposition for the Pats. Once again they prove to be smarter thsn the rest of the league and totally piss me off.

Unfortunately, I think you're correct. Great move by the Cheats*. At least now they have an adequate backup to Mr. Bundchen. Our best hope is that Mallet gets Tombo hooked on weed and they both get booted by the League....

Totally agree.. There must have been some serious demand in Mallett, for him to fall to the 3rd round. WE don't have luxury picks, NE does..

I'm thrilled with the Patriots draft.

One thing you can say about it--it's great for depth, but it's not adding folks likely to make a difference right away. For ex., Solder and Light can't both play at once, nor can Brady and Mallet nor the 2 backs they took.

I am mad that we passed on him, and I think you take a chance with a third rounder on a guy with 1st round upside.

BUT it is actually easier for us that he went to the Patriots. If he had gone to the Raiders and fulfilled his potential we would have been reminded of it a lot sooner.

Tom Brady is 33 years old, and really enjoys playing football. If that passion is still there and he stays healthy, he can easily play four or five years. So Mallett could end up a free agent before he starts a game, and while he certainly is a valuable potential back in New England in case anything happens to Brady, the Steve Young path is rare, and I expect to see very little Mallett over the next five years, and that will help mask the disappointment of us passing on him for a pretty good LB.

How many teams with a need for a QB passed on him. This is reminding me of the outrage last year with Clausen. Mallet has a lot to prove. He is lucky that he gets to sit for a while and has no pressure on him (as he would in Buffalo before he would in NE). In the end, he still is going to be slow and dumb.

Gil Brandt said on Sirius earlier that he would not take Mallet in the seventh round. Given the wide range in opinion about him, I just do not know how anyone can be so sure that Mallet is going to be great in the NFL. I think that it is more likely that he will be a bust. We will not know until he gets a chance to start. For our team right now, I have no problem with the Bills not picking him.

Hate to break it to you, but on average every player in the third is more likely to be a bust than a big hit, in fact, this is true in every round including the first. None of them have better than a 50% success rate...So if each pick is a gamble why not gamble on a kid in the third who's ceiling is through the roof and could be a franchise guy for the next 10 years if you can develop him?

Edited by Alphadawg7

If you have good corners and can cover the tight end Mallet is of no concern. Better off to not have. Buddy said he is not a franchise QB.

Not sure I trust Buddy's judgement on QB's. He and Chan installed Trent as our starter last year and did not bother to go get a decent QB last year or this year (so far)