• Sam Acho
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Football Outsiders opinion on Ayers - "I watched UCLA's Akeem Ayers against California, and I kept seeing him get blocked and turned outside by very ordinary fullbacks and H-backs. After seven or eight plays, all ordinary counters on which he should have worked harder to fill his backside gap, Ayers came unblocked on a quarterback rollout, leapt into the air, and batted down a pass. The deflection drew a lot of "wow" comments from the announcers, and it looked a little like a Jason Pierre-Paul play, but I just imagined Ayers getting washed out by every NFL tight end or right tackle he faced. He is not in the Von Miller class as a pure pass-rushing outside linebacker, nor is he a great all-purpose prospect at the position. I think he's a fourth-round pick in disguise, though I may be over-influenced by one game"

Front 7

-DaQuan Bowers (probably won't happen, wold be overkill on DL, but if they cleared his knee could be a value pick, don't see it happening though)

-Justin Houston (big, fast, strong, stout against the run, failed drug test may have the Bills weary)

-Akeem Ayers (overrated IMO, and very poor against the run, don't think he's a Buddy guy)

QB

-Andy Dalton (I think Ponder was the Bills guy, and don't see them going QB this early anymore)

-Colin Kaepernick (see above)

-Ryan Mallett (NGU stated the Bills probably wouldn't consider him unless he really dropped in the draft, this isn't far enough of a drop.)

-Ricky Stanzi (Not sure if he fit's Gailey's prototype, but I'm high on him because Nawrocki's high on him, I won't lie)

OL

-Clint Boling (usually se him listed as a G, but I think he has a chance to be an effective RT. If Wood moves to C, he takes Wood's RG spot)

CB

-Brandon Harris (undersized, but very fluid and good ball skills. Would contribute a s a nickel corner immediately, and could be grromed as McGee's eventual replacement)

Don't forget the Bills will probably field a good amount of offers tonight from teams looking to jump up to grab the guy they have a strong 1st round grade on. I believe a trade down is certainly a possibility, and I'm almost rooting for a tade down to a team with a pick somewhere in the middle of round 2. In the meantime we'd pick up an additional 3rd, with would give us 2 #3's and 2 #4's.

My favorites on the list above are: Clint Boling, Brandon Harris, Ricky Stanzi, and Justin Houston in no particular order. Stanzi could probably be had in the 3rd.

Edited by Estro

Front 7

-DaQuan Bowers (probably won't happen, wold be overkill on DL, but if they cleared his knee could be a value pick, don't see it happening though)

-Justin Houston (big, fast, strong, stout against the run, failed drug test may have the Bills weary)

-Akeem Ayers (overrated IMO, and very poor against the run, don't think he's a Buddy guy)

QB

-Andy Dalton (I think Ponder was the Bills guy, and don't see them going QB this early anymore)

-Colin Kaepernick (see above)

-Ryan Mallett (NGU stated the Bills probably wouldn't consider him unless he really dropped in the draft, this isn't far enough of a drop.)

-Ricky Stanzi (Not sure if he fit's Gailey's prototype, but I'm high on him because Nawrocki's high on him, I won't lie)

OL

-Clint Boling (usually se him listed as a G, but I think he has a chance to be an effective RT. If Wood moves to C, he takes Wood's RG spot)

CB

-Brandon Harris (undersized, but very fluid and good ball skills. Would contribute a s a nickel corner immediately, and could be grromed as McGee's eventual replacement)

Don't forget the Bills will probably field a good amount of offers tonight from teams looking to jump up to grab the guy they have a strong 1st round grade on. I believe a trade down is certainly a possibility, and I'm almost rooting for a tade down to a team with a pick somewhere in the middle of round 2. In the meantime we'd pick up an additional 3rd, with would give us 2 #3's and 2 #4's.

My favorites on the list above are: Clint Boling, Brandon Harris, Ricky Stanzi, and Justin Houston in no particular order. Stanzi could probably be had in the 3rd.

Nice write up. I would also add Kyle Rudolph. May never be Antonio Gates, but he is an all-around TE prospect.....a more athletic version of Heath Miller, and like Dareus, a guy that comes with minimal risk and little to no chance of not being a day 1 starter and a long term contributor

Nice write up. I would also add Kyle Rudolph. May never be Antonio Gates, but he is an all-around TE prospect.....a more athletic version of Heath Miller, and like Dareus, a guy that comes with minimal risk and little to no chance of not being a day 1 starter and a long term contributor

I forgot about Rudolph, he'd be nice too, I'm just not sure how much Gailey values TE's in his offense. It could be our TE's are so bad he just doesn't use them, but I think he likes going with 3 and 4 WR sets more than most OC's. I'm also not sold on Rudolph's athleticim and fluidity in the passing game. Seems a little stiff and awkward in the passing game. Definitely a consideration, i just happen to believe the Bills will go in another direction.

I'm of the thinking that our corner situation isn't as good as most fans believe it is. McGee is aging and is hurt often, McKelvin is still trying to live up to his expectations, and is an okay corner as of now, at best. Corner doesn't excite me much, and I believe Florence will be an unrestricted FA, and he gets beat a lot too. Brandon Harris may be the best value at a real position of need for the Bills.

If we grabbed Kyle Rudolph, that would be an absolute home run. Some predicted he would go late first. I would say our first 2 rounds would be A+ grades. Then I think we would need to be on the look out for an ILB in round 3 or maybe get back into late round 2.

Kaepernick.

Please God no. 34 is too valuable of a pick to use on a huge project like Kaepernick. We could get an instant starter on this team rather than spending the pick on a developmental QB. We didn't have our heads up our asses when we picked Dareus and I'd prefer we kept it that way for the rest of the draft.

Rudolph is seen as an injury risk though.

He played in 15 games (missing 9) over the past two years. He also had a bit of an injury history in high school.

I also saw where when you remove his long TD catch against Michigan that his yards per attempt and yards per reception are pretty low…I think it was KC Joyner who said he was another Kyle Brady (bust).

I think he'll be good but I'd rather take Luke Stocker in the 3rd.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Please God no. 34 is too valuable of a pick to use on a huge project like Kaepernick. We could get an instant starter on this team rather than spending the pick on a developmental QB. We didn't have our heads up our asses when we picked Dareus and I'd prefer we kept it that way for the rest of the draft.

I agree, Kaepernick would be kind of a luxury pick at this point (Kyle Rudolf is a luxury pick also). Yes, he's good some very good potential but how long is his development curve? Three years?

I think the Bills should take either Reed or Carter. Both fill a need and would be good fits for our team along with good value.

Let's finish the job of the front seven, or at least come close.

I agree, Kaepernick would be kind of a luxury pick at this point (Kyle Rudolf is a luxury pick also). Yes, he's good some very good potential but how long is his development curve? Three years?

I think the Bills should take either Reed or Carter. Both fill a need and would be good fits for our team along with good value.

Let's finish the job of the front seven, or at least come close.

Don't we have three years? Doesn't Fitz? Perfect time to draft exactly this type of player, if you aks me.

We could of course wait for three years, decide that we need a new "Face of the Franchise" and trade a shitload of draft picks for a great college QB who then won't have the chance to sit and learn.

I like Jabaal Sheard, too, by the way.

i'd be happy with either Bowers, Houston or Mallet. Houston is the safest pick there and fills another need. However both Bowers and Mallet could work out as being awesome picks but both are a gamble.