Nix for the love of all that is holy

seq004

This draft could make or break this team for good. Tomorrow is sooooooooooo important to get right. You say that you build a team through the draft, well tomorrow is your chance to create a winner. Please don't reach! If Darius or Miller are there at 3 then take one. Cam is a great athlete but to much of a risk and your job depends on it, get it right for once please!!!!!

lets assume for conversations sake that they take Newton and he busts. IMO it will take a min of 3 years to try him out then dump him. That thats us to 2014 and we still dont have a QB. Ralph may be pushing daiseys by then. I dont really have a conclusion after all that.....

lets assume for conversations sake that they take Newton and he busts. IMO it will take a min of 3 years to try him out then dump him. That thats us to 2014 and we still dont have a QB. Ralph may be pushing daiseys by then. I dont really have a conclusion after all that.....

It just scares the hell out of me.

lets assume that they take him and he doesn't bust. We now have a franchise QB

Or

lets assume they take a DL, LB, CB or whatever. Maybe they bust, maybe they don't but we still don't have a QB.

What is the point?

Any player picked at 3 may or may not bust. If they bust it will hurt the francise terribly, just as Mike Williams did.

That doesn't mean they should not take Newton or Gabbert if they think either can be the man.

WE NEED A QB. FITZ IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Or

lets assume they take a DL, LB, CB or whatever. Maybe they bust, maybe they don't but we still don't have a QB.

What is the point?

Any player picked at 3 may or may not bust. If they bust it will hurt the francise terribly, just as Mike Williams did.

That doesn't mean they should not take Newton or Gabbert if they think either can be the man.

Fitz might not be "the answer", but we are more than serviceable at the position, which is more than I can say for the D side of the ball. GIve me Dareus in rd 1, and a LB like Ayers or Houston in rd 2. Fitz worked MIRACLES out of a hodge podge O. The O line got better, but could use a few upgrades, amybe a ROT in rd 3?

Look... we GET IT... people don't want Fitz, but the man played well. Give him a damned D and some help on O and we'll be fine.

Fitz might not be "the answer", but we are more than serviceable at the position, which is more than I can say for the D side of the ball. GIve me Dareus in rd 1, and a LB like Ayers or Houston in rd 2. Fitz worked MIRACLES out of a hodge podge O. The O line got better, but could use a few upgrades, amybe a ROT in rd 3?

Look... we GET IT... people don't want Fitz, but the man played well. Give him a damned D and some help on O and we'll be fine.

I completely disagree. Our starting D (when healthy) was as servicable as Fitz. QB is just as big a need as any other position and since it is the single most important position on the team, it is our most pressing need, in my opinion. I will be very disappointed if we don't get a QB before pick 35

What if he's great? Why do you think so negatively? They will have to draft a QB sooner or later for

the future and that guy will be a toss up just like any other draft pick.

I completely disagree. Our starting D (when healthy) was as servicable as Fitz. QB is just as big a need as any other position and since it is the single most important position on the team, it is our most pressing need, in my opinion. I will be very disappointed if we don't get a QB before pick 35

I'm sorry but that assessment is just silly. Healthy or not, our defense, particularly the LBs was terrible. All time terrible. It can be argued we've never had a defense AS terrible. We've had many QBs worse than Fitz.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you call getting gouged for 200+ rushing yards (I'm sorry I don't remember the number, but it was more than a few) "servicable"? What about not being able to get off the field on 3rd and long? I'm sorry, this pick NEEDS to be D-Line or LB.

Fine = 6-10, 7-9 then 8-8.

No thx

Or

What is the point?

It's like when I put a grand on red or black in Vegas...Could go either way but damn you sooo want to win! It's a gamble but a gamble we NEED to get right.

Ahem.... Mr Nix, If you're reading this, do me, every Bills fan on this planet, your children, their children, your neighbors, and the entire population of Guam A FAVOR, PLEASE DO NOT PICK CAM NEWTON.

Wait... I meant to say

PLEASE DO NOT PICK CAM NEWTON...DON'T LOOK AT HIM, BUY HIM COFFEE OR EVEN WAIVE TO HIM. HELL, DON'T EVEN TAKE A WIZ NEXT TO HIM IN THE MENS ROOM.

Unless you want to be the guy who goes down in history as the one who discovered a thinner and dumber version of jamarcus Russell.

That is all.... good talk.

This draft could make or break this team for good. Tomorrow is sooooooooooo important to get right. You say that you build a team through the draft, well tomorrow is your chance to create a winner. Please don't reach! If Darius or Miller are there at 3 then take one. Cam is a great athlete but to much of a risk and your job depends on it, get it right for once please!!!!!

Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert would not be "reaches" with the number 3 overall pick. Nix has the 2nd or 3rd highest pick of every round, so he will still find great value in this draft. How "for the love of all that is holy", can you and the majority of the posters out here be so sure that both Newton and Gabbert will be busts????

Again, I give you Joe Flacco as my favorite example. If the Ravens had the number 3 pick instead of the number 18 pick they did use in the 1st round to draft Flacco, and they had drafted Flacco with that number 3 pick instead, I suppose all of their "knowledgeable" fans would have screamed and yelled and stomped their feet in anger right??? Well Flacco sure seems to be working out just fine right about now only a fews years into his career, and not a single one of those fans would think he was a reach at 3 now, would they??? The way that kid has taken over as a leader and starting QB of a team that quite honestly never had a "franchise" QB since they moved to Baltimore in 1995, I don't think you would find one Ravens fan that would still be saying they should not have drafted him as high as 3rd overall, if they would have!

So now we have kind of the opposite situation with Newton, Gabbert and the Bills with the number 3 pick. If the Bills drafted let's say, Von Miller with the number 3, and then traded back up into the 1st round to draft Gabbert or Newton at 18 in the 1st round, then that would be OK, right?? Sorry folks, this is not Flacco coming out of Delaware we are talking about. Neither one of the best two QB's in this year's draft will be sitting around at 18 waiting to be drafted this year. Yet, I am convinced, in my humble opinion, that both of these kids, Newton and Gabbert, will certainly become at least as good as Flacco has become for the Ravens. Hey maybe not right away, but within a year or two they will, for whoever drafts them. Just my opinion, I know, most of you think both of them will just end up being Akili Smith - Ryan Leaf type major busts, I know I know.

But Gabbert is not Ryan Leaf, and Newton is certainly not Akili Smith. I think these two young guys are just as good as advertised, and given a year or two to come into a system and learn, they both will have outstanding NFL careers. And with Fitzy running the show and helping one of them learn for that year or two, this is the perfect time to draft one of them right now for the Buffalo Bills.

Now that's SCARY!! and would make me cry :cry:

That would be a silly thing to cry over - Green is a beast.

Guys - there are four top picks: Miller, Dareus, Green, Peterson.

No one on this Earth knows for certain which is the best or worst among them, and ANY player can bust, but by nearly all accounts, it's those four guys and then the next level.

Any one of the four would improve the Bills. Depending on how much we believe in the OLB combo of Merriman, Kelsay, and Moats, I might argue Miller is also the closest to a "need" pick, which is why the vast majority of mocks say we take him if he's there.

But unless you're convinced McKelvin is going to develop more, we are actually not in very good shape at CB - and Peterson has zero identified flaws, so I'm fine with them taking him, and then getting someone like a Martez Wilson(?) as an ILB in the 2nd. ILB is probably the biggest weakness if they are sticking to a 3-4 - followed closely by OLB unless we believe in Merriman. TE too - but there's no first-round TE prospect.

We may like our young depth at WR - but Evans looks like he's close to done as an impact player, and we've only had one year of inconsistency out of Stevie - I'm a SJ fan and was in 2009 - but he's not all there yet.

That would be a silly thing to cry over - Green is a beast.

Guys - there are four top picks: Miller, Dareus, Green, Peterson.

No one on this Earth knows for certain which is the best or worst among them, and ANY player can bust, but by nearly all accounts, it's those four guys and then the next level.

Any one of the four would improve the Bills. Depending on how much we believe in the OLB combo of Merriman, Kelsay, and Moats, I might argue Miller is also the closest to a "need" pick, which is why the vast majority of mocks say we take him if he's there.

But unless you're convinced McKelvin is going to develop more, we are actually not in very good shape at CB - and Peterson has zero identified flaws, so I'm fine with them taking him, and then getting someone like a Martez Wilson(?) as an ILB in the 2nd. ILB is probably the biggest weakness if they are sticking to a 3-4 - followed closely by OLB unless we believe in Merriman. TE too - but there's no first-round TE prospect.

We may like our young depth at WR - but Evans looks like he's close to done as an impact player, and we've only had one year of inconsistency out of Stevie - I'm a SJ fan and was in 2009 - but he's not all there yet.

I would be happy with any of the four listed. I would prefer Miller or Dareus. I have nothing against Green or Peterson but you can find quality WR's in later rounds and I'm tired of seeing us use 1st round picks on DB's.

Again, I give you Joe Flacco as my favorite example. If the Ravens had the number 3 pick instead of the number 18 pick they did use in the 1st round to draft Flacco, and they had drafted Flacco with that number 3 pick instead, I suppose all of their "knowledgeable" fans would have screamed and yelled and stomped their feet in anger right??? Well Flacco sure seems to be working out just fine right about now only a fews years into his career, and not a single one of those fans would think he was a reach at 3 now, would they??? The way that kid has taken over as a leader and starting QB of a team that quite honestly never had a "franchise" QB since they moved to Baltimore in 1995, I don't think you would find one Ravens fan that would still be saying they should not have drafted him as high as 3rd overall, if they would have!

So now we have kind of the opposite situation with Newton, Gabbert and the Bills with the number 3 pick. If the Bills drafted let's say, Von Miller with the number 3, and then traded back up into the 1st round to draft Gabbert or Newton at 18 in the 1st round, then that would be OK, right?? Sorry folks, this is not Flacco coming out of Delaware we are talking about. Neither one of the best two QB's in this year's draft will be sitting around at 18 waiting to be drafted this year. Yet, I am convinced, in my humble opinion, that both of these kids, Newton and Gabbert, will certainly become at least as good as Flacco has become for the Ravens. Hey maybe not right away, but within a year or two they will, for whoever drafts them. Just my opinion, I know, most of you think both of them will just end up being Akili Smith - Ryan Leaf type major busts, I know I know.

Flacco plays for a defense-led team with a power-run-first offensive mentality. Even with that AND three great veteran revceivers he's been no more than good. Hardly proof of anything. People around here aren't fully convinced in him - but they won a super bowl here in Baltimore with Trent Dilfer, remember?

It's true that the top teams usually have top QB's who are usually taken in the first. BUT it's also true that there have been some years where there wasn't a top QB at all. If Buddy and Chan aren't convinced Gabbert or Newton are great QB's - they shouldn't use the #3 on them.

If the Bills get LB help (MIller) in the first, I'd be fine taking a 2nd-round shot at Ponder, etc., but ALL FOUR of our LB's were an embarrassment last year - it was the LB's, not the DL that was failing against the run, btw - we've got to get better ones.

Edited by BobChalmers

I would be happy with any of the four listed. I would prefer Miller or Dareus. I have nothing against Green or Peterson but you can find quality WR's in later rounds and I'm tired of seeing us use 1st round picks on DB's.

Pretty much. If Miller or Dareus are available, they needed to be the pick.