RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Article about Vince Dooley with a quote from him on I-Tee: Link

Vince Dooley: "I've never known anyone quite like Cam Newton, probably the best one-year football player I've ever seen."

Vince Dooley: "So of the three greatest players I know, two of them are from the University of Georgia, and Cam Newton's from Auburn, the best one-year player."

For those needing some background on Dooley: Link

Git "IT"!!

KG1:

QB - JKelly

RB - TThomas

WR - AReed

C - KHull

KG2:

QB - CNewton

RB - Spiller

WR - SJohnson

C - EWood

Umm...this is kind of like comparing the LA Lakers to the LA Clippers...

Sure it would be exciting if we drafted Cam, but it was "exciting" when we picked up Rob Johnson too... There are too many holes on this team, I just don't see how a raw QB could survive. Now if we get him in the second round (very real possibility, remember Claussen as a possible top 5?)...then thats a different story.

It would be great if we can trade our 2 round and our second 4th round picks to move back up into the 1st round and get a top DE and Cam Newton. With some of our injured WRs coming back healthy and a year of experience under the coaching staff, this would be a much improved team.

Cam Newton is not going to make it in the Pros. And he's not that good of a football player. Trust me there are better players than him at #3.

And we are supposed to trust you why? You a big tyme scout? Player? Anything besides Arm Chair like the rest of us?? But thanks for being a supporter and a friend of I-Tee's.

And we are supposed to trust you why? You a big tyme scout? Player? Anything besides Arm Chair like the rest of us?? But thanks for being a supporter and a friend of I-Tee's.

I knew a big thyme scout once. Knew everything about it. Ask him about oregano, and the dude was lost, though.

It would be great if we can trade our 2 round and our second 4th round picks to move back up into the 1st round and get a top DE and Cam Newton. With some of our injured WRs coming back healthy and a year of experience under the coaching staff, this would be a much improved team.

Totally with you on the trade back up 4 defensive stud. If we can do a similar move to get back to the top of the 2nd and grab an OL....then we will have enuff pacifiers to shut everybody up here....but im thinkin if we can swing the DE trade w/Cam we'll still be able to silence the majority here...

Git "IT"

I knew a big thyme scout once. Knew everything about it. Ask him about oregano, and the dude was lost, though.

Intentional misspelling my man. Trouble finding a Teaching job here in Buffalo dude?? You have to resort to meaningless forum posts for corrective werk? lol....Any more Dane Cook funny posts for my WERK misspelling? haaa

Totally with you on the trade back up 4 defensive stud. If we can do a similar move to get back to the top of the 2nd and grab an OL....then we will have enuff pacifiers to shut everybody up here....but im thinkin if we can swing the DE trade w/Cam we'll still be able to silence the majority here...

Git "IT"

Intentional misspelling my man. Trouble finding a Teaching job here in Buffalo dude?? You have to resort to meaningless forum posts for corrective werk? lol....Any more Dane Cook funny posts for my WERK misspelling? haaa

What's Dane cook? Something delicious, I hope.

Also, my correction was a non-correction. Sorry, I'm out of material. Back to making wings and hoping for my big break.

This by far is the funniest thread in a while on here, that people read it, well, whats wrong with us? My god, if I had to guess it is like 1 person has 3 or 4 names and bumps this evey hour. Cam Newton is a joke and will be a bust much like Leaf, Russell, Young, or Couch.

This by far is the funniest thread in a while on here, that people read it, well, whats wrong with us? My god, if I had to guess it is like 1 person has 3 or 4 names and bumps this evey hour. Cam Newton is a joke and will be a bust much like Leaf, Russell, Young, or Couch.

Thats what they said about Drew Brees and Tom Brady...

Having said that, I wouldn't take him at 3...If he falls to the second round, then yes...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Thats what they said about Drew Brees and Tom Brady...

Having said that, I wouldn't take him at 3...If he falls to the second round, then yes...

1) I don't recall ANYONE saying that about Brees, and to the contrary, I think many thought of the Chargers as winners by using their picks to secure both LT and Brees - as opposed to just Vick.

2) How can a 6th rounder bust? It's like a lottery ticket. You expect nothing special; success means you hopefully get your dollar back, maybe a little bit more; and actually winning merits an insane celebration.

1) I don't recall ANYONE saying that about Brees, and to the contrary, I think many thought of the Chargers as winners by using their picks to secure both LT and Brees - as opposed to just Vick.

2) How can a 6th rounder bust? It's like a lottery ticket. You expect nothing special; success means you hopefully get your dollar back, maybe a little bit more; and actually winning merits an insane celebration.

Actually there were plenty of people saying that about Brees, thats why he fell to the second round despite looking great in college.

I knew someone was going to say there can't be a bust in the 6th round, and I understand that thinking. My point was that despite a great college career, not many people though he could succeed in the NFL. I am not saying we should take cam with the 3 pick (we shouldn't IMO!), I am just saying their is no way anyone knows whether he will be a "bust" yet or not. IMO he made some great throws during year with very few mistakes, and great mobility (needed behind an O-line like ours). If he falls to the 2nd, its worth a shot.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

By the way, that made me think for a minute about SD drafting Drew Brees, then shortly after picking up Phillip Rivers. Meanwhile we draft guys like JP Losman and Trent Edwards. It's amazing what a competent front office can do for you...and what an incompetent one can't....

I would be happy if the Bills take Newton at 3.

It would be great to trade down and get extra picks and still get Newton. But if he is the pick at 3, I would be thrilled.

I really think he has the potential to be a great QB in the NFL.

That being said, the QB that I think the Bills end up taking is Ponder. After reading and hearing about his connections to Gailey and Modkins and his very strong performance in the Sr Bowl, I am really starting to think he is the target for the Bills 2nd rd pick. Fortify the defensive front 7 in Rd1 and land Ponder in Rd2. Not bad.

I would be happy if the Bills take Newton at 3.

It would be great to trade down and get extra picks and still get Newton. But if he is the pick at 3, I would be thrilled.

I really think he has the potential to be a great QB in the NFL.

That being said, the QB that I think the Bills end up taking is Ponder. After reading and hearing about his connections to Gailey and Modkins and his very strong performance in the Sr Bowl, I am really starting to think he is the target for the Bills 2nd rd pick. Fortify the defensive front 7 in Rd1 and land Ponder in Rd2. Not bad.

Oh god, no Ponder...Please. I've watched him play and he looked average at best in college, even on a team that is normally stacked with talent. Hey played ok against bad schools then looked awful against the good ones. Against Oklahoma he went 11-28 for 113 yards and 2 int's. He actually reminds me of another Brian Brohm, just not as good.

Oh god, no Ponder...Please. I've watched him play and he looked average at best in college, even on a team that is normally stacked with talent. Hey played ok against bad schools then looked awful against the good ones. Against Oklahoma he went 11-28 for 113 yards and 2 int's. He actually reminds me of another Brian Brohm, just not as good.

No you haven't. You watched the oklahoma game, and that was it.