Sabres Game #7 on Versus

If you're an elite goalie you just don't get nutmegged in game 7. The apologists will go nuts, and how I so wish it weren't the case, but he's good and not great.

Mind you, the rest of the team has played like a bunch of quitters, bleh. They just seem so content getting manhandled.

Good to see that your blithering idiocy isn't limited to discussion of the Bills. :rolleyes:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick a fork in em. Myers has had a rough game as well. Sabres need to get bigger and maybe learn to finish their checks.

#29, #19, #55, #34 and #25 should be gone starting next year

Is Enroth going to play defense as well as goaltender? Because this game tonight has been the Flyers versus Ryan Miller.

No, but that's tonight. He has these bad games a lot. He is extremely hot and cold. Two shut outs in this series but has given up 17 goals in the other 4 games. I understand the defense needs to step up, as does the offense, but those are not elite numbers.

I sure am, and the retards (that means you) are predictably blaming the goaltender for it.

Well the coach just yanked him, so it is you that appears to have the Downs. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with reality - everyone else here is agreeing :(

No, but that's tonight. He has these bad games a lot. He is extremely hot and cold. Two shut outs in this series but has given up 17 goals in the other 4 games. I understand the defense needs to step up, as does the offense, but those are not elite numbers.

Watch the games. Don't be a simpleton who does nothing but look at the goals against. The defense has hung him out to dry, as has the offense. I can't even count the number of times there has been multiple flyers standing unmolested in front of Miller.

Getting rid of Miller would be the height of stupidity. Thankfully, Pegula doesn't seem to be the type to drink the moron kool-aid, so Miller will be back starting game 1 of the 2011-12 season. The entire league thinks Miller is one of the best goalies in the business. That doesn't mean he won't have bad games.

Ideally next season, Enroth can play 20 games during the regular season so Miller is a bit more rested come playoff time. The only thing he's guilty of is being slightly overworked over the past few seasons.

Watch the games. Don't be a simpleton who does nothing but look at the goals against. The defense has hung him out to dry, as has the offense. I can't even count the number of times there has been multiple flyers standing unmolested in front of Miller.

Getting rid of Miller would be the height of stupidity. Thankfully, Pegula doesn't seem to be the type to drink the moron kool-aid, so Miller will be back starting game 1 of the 2011-12 season. The entire league thinks Miller is one of the best goalies in the business. That doesn't mean he won't have bad games.

Ideally next season, Enroth can play 20 games during the regular season so Miller is a bit more rested come playoff time. The only thing he's guilty of is being slightly overworked over the past few seasons.

That's nice. Call me a simpleton for making an opinionated response. Guess it's to be expected here, it's why I post so rarely. Fact is, an elite goalie doesn't get pulled in game 7 in the playoffs. Defense or not, he needed to step like he did in his second shutout of the series. He has a tendency to come up small in big situations, just like the Olympics. Call me what you will, it is my belief that Miller is not among the top goalies like is so commonly stated. Enroth may not work either, don't know, but I know there are way too many Miller apologists.

Miller is NOT the problem......the entire defensive unit is a finesse puck handling group. you got rid of all your stay at home defenseman in Tallinder, Lydman, Rivet and even Spacek. almost all your forwards are either physically small or play small. this team is NOT built for the playoffs.

Criticize Miller and be called a troll. It's painfully typical.

I don't want the Sabres to get rid of Miller. I just want him to be better than average. He's fine, he just played a bad game when an elite goalie might have stepped up.

The rest of the team played worse, but you need your 'best guy' to come up huge in the clutch.

The whole team quit after choking game 6.

I watch almost no hockey at all because I'm no longer a fan, but I watched a bit of this series. I don't understand why people are complaining, especially re miller. The flyers are quite simply a significantly more talented and better team. It seems patently obvious, no?

Wow, I can't believe some of you guys don't want Miller back. As much as I like Bouchet, I'd take Miller over him any day. It didn't matter who you had in goal tonight...no way we were losing.

But yeah, send Miller over please :D

Wow, I can't believe some of you guys don't want Miller back. As much as I like Bouchet, I'd take Miller over him any day. It didn't matter who you had in goal tonight...no way we were losing.

But yeah, send Miller over please :D

You actually like Boucher? :unsure:

You actually like Boucher? :unsure:

Yeah, I do. When I was living in Philly back in the late 90s, that's when he was coming up through the Phantoms (farm team) and I really got excited about the kid. Ronnie Hextall was the keeper for the Flyers at the time, and we'd mix in a journeyman here and there, but Bouchet was the future. He's hot and cold, for sure, but I root for the kid. When he's on his game, he's an above average keeper. But I'd take Miller in a heartbeat!

Yeah, I do. When I was living in Philly back in the late 90s, that's when he was coming up through the Phantoms (farm team) and I really got excited about the kid. Ronnie Hextall was the keeper for the Flyers at the time, and we'd mix in a journeyman here and there, but Bouchet was the future. He's hot and cold, for sure, but I root for the kid. When he's on his game, he's an above average keeper. But I'd take Miller in a heartbeat!

A couple of good friends are Flyers fans and they can't stand him. The up and down thing drives them crazy. They haven't followed his career like you have though. They just want him to be reliable all the time, not the greatest goalie ever.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would love to have Miller. He does need to show something in big games however.

Luongo has looked good in his game 7 so far.

Philly is simply a better team and it showed tonight. The Sabres had a nice turnaround to get into the playoffs but let's not kid ouselves. They are a boderline playoff caliber team. Props to them for getting in and taking it to game 7.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

A couple of good friends are Flyers fans and they can't stand him. The up and down thing drives them crazy. They haven't followed his career like you have though. They just want him to be reliable all the time, not the greatest goalie ever.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams who would love to have Miller. He does need to show something in big games however.

Luongo has looked good in his game 7 so far.

Yeah, I totally understand their point of view on that...he has stretches where he's just amazing, but is also susceptible to being a bonehead lol. The musical keeper thing in Philly gets pretty nuts sometimes...this series was a good example. Given his performance in the finals last year, I half expected Leighton to do a little better when he got his chance this series. Oh well. This team won't win on goal tending...we gotta light the lamp.

Philly is simply a better team and it showed tonight. The Sabres had a nice turnaround to get into the playoffs but let's not kid ouselves. They are a boderline playoff caliber team. Props to them for getting in and taking it to game 7.

I still can't believe you guys blanked us twice...that just shouldn't have happened lol.

Well the coach just yanked him, so it is you that appears to have the Downs. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with reality - everyone else here is agreeing :(

Miller was pulled to spare him from the onslaught. Due to injury subs and being generally gassed overall, the team put on the ice for Game 7 was inferior to the team that started the series--- and the team that started the series wasn't as good as Philly to begin with, talentwise.

That's nice. Call me a simpleton for making an opinionated response. Guess it's to be expected here, it's why I post so rarely. Fact is, an elite goalie doesn't get pulled in game 7 in the playoffs. Defense or not, he needed to step like he did in his second shutout of the series. He has a tendency to come up small in big situations, just like the Olympics. Call me what you will, it is my belief that Miller is not among the top goalies like is so commonly stated. Enroth may not work either, don't know, but I know there are way too many Miller apologists.

In the history of the NHL there has never been an "elite" goalie able to carry a team full of pussyfarts to a championship. If you don't think Miller is elite then fine. Luckily you don't make that call. But if you think Miller is the problem on the Sabres then you have no idea...none. Goaltender is probably the one position the Sabres have that is high caliber.

Did you watch even the game today? Did you notice the Sabres unable to get out of their own zone with the puck? Or how about the turnovers? Philly exposed the players in front of Miller as susceptible to the forecheck. In fact they totally went to pieces when someone applies the slightest pressure. The Flyers tried to give the series to them in game 6 but the Sabres can't even take what's handed to them on a silver platter. Expect a lot of turnover in the off-season...just not in net.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot