Update

It'd be nice to get to useful information without having to sift through a bunch of crap, that's all I'm saying.

It's called a "filter" -- as in "search for posts by the user nevergiveup." :beer:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things I'll give you:

1. You are correct that you did not paint him as a monster and I flew off the handle defending him. Problem is at this point of the offseason, Ive had to have these arguments too many times with people that are judging and making assumptions off of weak information. Your original post was well balanced.

2. I shouldnt have said "all". But I will still stick to "most" and a very high percentage. Yes, I believe based on my experiences, that the majority of college students cheat on something at some point of their career. Others cheat on a regular basis.

NOW, based on other people agreeing with me, I will still contend that cheating is WAY more rampant then you say it is.

This is like believing that there isnt a large number of professional athletes that juice. They do, but most dont get caught because they are smart enough to NOT get caught. Just like the smart students. For everyone that gets caught, how many do you think are getting away with it? Or do you believe that only those that are caught are cheating?

It's a widespread and common problem. If it wasnt, there wouldnt be such harsh penalties, and so much discussion of it.

Now enough of this, and lets get back to the draft!

ONE person agreed with you about cheating or attempting to cheat - it wasn't from his experience as a student - it was someone at a book publisher - who even knows if it was students - or people who prepare study guides - or people who sell information to students - the other said he wrote what he thought his professor wanted to get better grades. Then there was the other 8 or so who strongly disagreed with your premise. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that 80% of this VERY small sample disagree with you. Don't let that stand in the way of you continuing to claim you are right.

Why do you keep claiming that "if it wasn't widespread there wouldn't be so much discussion of it"? YOU are the one who brought it up - and the one who keeps making the accusation despite 80% of the people responding strongly disagreeing with you!

If everyone at your college cheated that's your problem. If you did nothing to address it that is also your problem. Don't use your personal failings to cast a cloud on the degrees honorably obtained by the other members of this board. You still fail to appreciate how your ridiculous claim reflects on all the college and grad school graduates who are members of this board. I guess that should come as no surprise.

"Ruin" the thread? Hilarious. It's a friggin' message board. I like a good "scoop" as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, who the hell cares? By 8:30 tonight we'll know who the pick is. Will it make someone feel better that they knew it ahead of time?

Too funny.

P.S. Nevergiveup, I think it's a blast that you visit to impart your inside knowledge. It's even better watching everyone else go ape**** over it. :)

I agree with the original poster. I opened this thread to get actual information, not hear a couple of blowhards start a self-important debate. You are correct, this is a message board, so go start another thread for your little group of friends. I hate it when topics get hijacked. The thread was started by NGU, it should contain only questions for him and possibly some answers to those questions. Why some people think they can pontificate and think I want to hear their opinions on any matter rather than open a thread and read information pertaining to the actual topic is beyond me.

I agree with the original poster. I opened this thread to get actual information, not hear a couple of blowhards start a self-important debate. You are correct, this is a message board, so go start another thread for your little group of friends. I hate it when topics get hijacked. The thread was started by NGU, it should contain only questions for him and possibly some answers to those questions. Why some people think they can pontificate and think I want to hear their opinions on any matter rather than open a thread and read information pertaining to the actual topic is beyond me.

Seriously? Have you READ any message boards lately? :lol:

"Ruin" the thread? Hilarious. It's a friggin' message board. I like a good "scoop" as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day, who the hell cares? By 8:30 tonight we'll know who the pick is. Will it make someone feel better that they knew it ahead of time?

Too funny.

P.S. Nevergiveup, I think it's a blast that you visit to impart your inside knowledge. It's even better watching everyone else go ape**** over it. :)

Thanks. I like to pass on information. Primarily because, even when you disagree, this has to be the most passionate group of Bills fans anywhere. I have some legitimate insight and will continue to post when appropriate. But I can be wrong. So all the debate is warranted. No matter where this goes tonight, I will pass along any post draft info that I can as well. Enjoy the draft!

Thanks. I like to pass on information. Primarily because, even when you disagree, this has to be the most passionate group of Bills fans anywhere. I have some legitimate insight and will continue to post when appropriate. But I can be wrong. So all the debate is warranted. No matter where this goes tonight, I will pass along any post draft info that I can as well. Enjoy the draft!

We appreciate anything you can post!! (I'll try not to contribute to another hijacking, promise).

Awesome, and thanks!

You sir are a stud.

Thanks NGU for all your insight and time. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for handling us rabid fanatics in a clear headed manner. We're an extremely passionate lot so forgive us for that.

My adrenaline is pumping as the hour approaches!! If Carolina picks Newton I will do cartwheels up and down the street!!!

Edited by Pilsner

Thanks NGU for all your insight and time. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for handling us rabid fanatics in a clear headed manner. We're an extremely passionate lot so forgive us for that.

My adrenaline is pumping as the hour approaches!! If Carolina picks Newton I will do cartwheels up and down the street!!!

+1

Let me second everything you said :thumbsup: