I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does that show compare to other series you have watched?

I'm in the "seeking a new show to love" mode, too...I saw that Sons of Anarchy is available on Netflix streaming, as well as Trailer Park Boys...thinking about those two for sure. I started Mad Men but for some reason just didn't have the motivation to continue past the first 5 episodes.

I have always liked Bryan Cranston, and he is excellent in this show. The character development is good, and the subject matter is dark. I love Weeds but this doesn't have the humor that Weeds has, nor does it have Mary Louise Parker either. I was riveted by the episodes, 45 minutes each, and they add some interesting twists. I highly recommend it and have heard no one say anything but positive, which got me to watch it.

I have always liked Bryan Cranston, and he is excellent in this show. The character development is good, and the subject matter is dark. I love Weeds but this doesn't have the humor that Weeds has, nor does it have Mary Louise Parker either. I was riveted by the episodes, 45 minutes each, and they add some interesting twists. I highly recommend it and have heard no one say anything but positive, which got me to watch it.

Where did you download the episodes from? Amazon?

What are you? Internet police? I refuse to answer on the grounds I may incriminate myself :-)

Yar! I've had to resort to :pirate: meself, a'times!

Netflix, unfortunately, doesn't carry everything. My most recent has been the current run of "Doctor Who." All caught up with it as of today.

I might try "Breaking Bad" next.

Edited by UConn James

Just in time for the new season. I think it starts tonight.

I actually caught "The Impossible Astronaut" via :pirate: earlier today.

I realize The Doctor changes with each iteration --- that's a main part of the fun of the series --- and that David Tennant is gone. But I'm still trying to get used to Matt Smith as The Doctor, and having to gird up for the season-long arcs under Stephen Moffett (this opener seems to be going that way as well), as opposed to the more stand-alone episodes.

Edited by UConn James

Other, newer, current, shows I would recommend:

"Mad Men" (AMC- either you will love this, or hate it)

"Treme" (HBO- another excellent David Simon show, second season starts tonight, Easter Sunday)

"Boardwalk Empire" (HBO- great cast, takes about 3-4 episodes to hit its' stride)

"Friday Night Lights" (NBC/DIRECTV- 5th, and final, season just came out on DVD, despite the fact that it hasn't aired on NBC yet...ratings challenged, but great show...be warned though, you will have an uncomfortable lump in your throat at all times...show always "kept it real", though the finale was a little too schmaltzy for my taste, I will miss this show...

"Borgias" (Showtime- new show, I have only seen the first two episodes so far, but it looks like a good one...)

"Men Of a Certain Age" (TNT, I think...understated show, deals with middle age men, in a realistic way, doesn't make all of them look like creeps, or morons, kind of funny too! My sister sent me copies of the first season, and I really enjoyed it, more than I was expecting to.)

OLDER SHOWS:

The Sopranos (all time favorite, if you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for?)

Larry Sanders Show (Like "Seinfeld" & "Curb Your Enthusiasim", but with much better acting, and richer characters...all-time favorite comedy...)

Freaks & Geeks (only 1 shortened season, showing currently on IFC)

Mary Tyler Moore Show (man this show holds up very well...great ensemble cast)

Kung Fu: (growing up in WNY, I was morbidly depressed, as a lad, when the local affiliate decided not to show the last season of this show...it was on Canadian tv, but at the same time as my other favorite childhood show, "Planet of the Apes"...I picked up the entire show on DVD, dirt cheap, a few years ago...it was really good...Carradine is a terrific actor, and the show had a deep philosophical content, which I found appealing as an adult...plus, it was great to see Kwai Chai Caine, finally, find his long lost brother...doesn't turn out so well!)

I am sure I am leaving out something vital...I have never watched "Arrested Development", but plan on tackling it some day, when there are fewer sports on tv...

Was listening to a replay of a certain radio show that hasn't been funny or relevant for years, and one of the personalities recommend a a show about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost trying to assimilate in a normal world, not usually my cup of tea, but she was giving it a glowing review, might be walking dead, but that could be another show they were talking about

It's called being human

Edited by The Poojer

Was listening to a replay of a certain radio show that hasn't been funny or relevant for years, and one of the personalities recommend a a show about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost trying to assimilate in a normal world, not usually my cup of tea, but she was giving it a glowing review, might be walking dead, but that could be another show they were talking about

It's called being human

Wow...though I kind of like Walking Dead (just a good sci-fi), I loathe anything in the vampire genre...but if you like it...you might like this... :lol:

downloaded all 3 seasons and over the past 2 weeks have watched them all....WOW, what a show...now i have to wait til July! Now I better start on Dexter

It's the best show currently on TV (or for which there are still new episodes to come... you know what I mean). At least you only just finished season 3-- it will have been over a full year of waiting for season 4 for those of us who watched season 3 on tv!