I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

that's why i think everyone should learn how to d/l bittorrents....at your own risk of course.... :pirate:

I caught the first few episodes of Dexter on Netflix

Then Netflix pulled Dexter from the Streaming Library :censored:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now that i am up to date on BB and Dexter, I have moved on to the other show that was suggested to me...Being Human, the North American version...while not as intense as BB or Dexter...its definitely interesting..halfway through the 1st and only season so far. Its about a Werewolf, Vampire and Ghost trying to live in the real world...didn't think it would be something that interested me, but I am enjoying it so far...anyone else watching this? I decided on the NA version as opposed to the 3 seasons of the British original series....interested to hear other's thoughts.

now that i am up to date on BB and Dexter, I have moved on to the other show that was suggested to me...Being Human, the North American version...while not as intense as BB or Dexter...its definitely interesting..halfway through the 1st and only season so far. Its about a Werewolf, Vampire and Ghost trying to live in the real world...didn't think it would be something that interested me, but I am enjoying it so far...anyone else watching this? I decided on the NA version as opposed to the 3 seasons of the British original series....interested to hear other's thoughts.

If you want something that doesn't involve fairies, vampires, zombies, superheroes, time travel,forensics, or the super natural, try this, if you haven't already...AMC begins re-aires of "Mad Men" on July 31st...three episodes back to back, at (friggin') 6am! AMC has some great shows, but their broadcast schedule is not viewer friendly, if you don't catch it the original broadcast night:

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/07/12/amc-mad-men-sunday-reruns/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C77535

For my money, "Mad Men", "Breaking Bad", "Treme" and "Boardwalk Empire" are the best shows on tv right now.

Edited by Buftex

i tried to watch mad men...couldn't get my arms around it...could be that its a period piece, not sure, but just really didn't embrace it. I am very surprised that I am enjoying Being Human...that genre isn't normally my cup o' joe...but its a pretty cool show...and the chick that plays the ghost is really HOT (imho) :blush:

If you want something that doesn't involve fairies, vampires, zombies, superheroes, time travel,forensics, or the super natural, try this, if you haven't already...AMC begins re-aires of "Mad Men" on July 31st...three episodes back to back, at (friggin') 6am! AMC has some great shows, but their broadcast schedule is not viewer friendly, if you don't catch it the original broadcast night:

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/07/12/amc-mad-men-sunday-reruns/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec3_lnk2%7C77535

For my money, "Mad Men", "Breaking Bad", "Treme" and "Boardwalk Empire" are the best shows on tv right now.

Breaking Bad season 4 premiere tonight :)

Wow, this is a teevee Sunday....

Women's World Cup final (U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!)

PBS's Masterpiece: Mystery series Zen starring "Pillars of the Earth"'s Rufus Sewell

Breaking Bad

Good thing that load of sand to finish re-leveling the sidewalk hasn't come yet! ;)

I haven't had to wait as long as some of you since I was late to the party and got caught up on the episodes via streaming, but I'm sure glad this show's back! I loved tonight's premiere and I can't wait to see how this season develops.

Damn!

I can't figure out whether Gus killed that guy because he touched the lab equipment or if it was merely a shock-and-awe moment designed to scare the sh-- out of everyone there, including Mike (as hard as it would be to shock Mike...) in a 'You may very well be next and you're not going to see it coming' kind of way. Probably a little from column A, and a lot from column B. Nevertheless that was an awesome use of silence for ~5 minutes +. And again, the cinematography and artistry of the camerawork with this series is second to none.

Another episode title --- "Box Cutter" --- where it means next to nothing going in. But after the episode, it could be three years later and just mentioning it, you know exactly what that episode was about and/or what happened. I love that.

Skyler is now waist-deep in all this and she's still worried about appearances and thinks she's above it all. True to form, she puts on a show to get other people to do the dirty work. And the huge robe she was wearing, fluttering around like she's royalty.... I just don't like her character.

Did Saul hire the mouth-breather and sweep his office for bugs b/c of Gale's murder, or something else? As they said in some preview material, Saul is the kind of guy who's just going to disappear some day. (On edit: just to be clear this is not spoiler material, they were just talking generally... that he is that type of guy). Whether it's nefarious or hopping a plane to a non-extraditing country, people will show up to his office and he'll just be gone like a fart in the wind. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon, as he's one of the few sources of comedy (as a true sleazeball, mind you) in an otherwise dark show.

Here in the lulls of summer, it's awesome to have something to look forward to on teevee.

Edited by UConn James

Damn!

I can't figure out whether Gus killed that guy because he touched the lab equipment or if it was merely a shock-and-awe moment designed to scare the sh-- out of everyone there, including Mike (as hard as it would be to shock Mike...) in a 'You may very well be next and you're not going to see it coming' kind of way. Probably a little from column A, and a lot from column B. Nevertheless that was an awesome use of silence for ~5 minutes +. And again, the cinematography and artistry of the camerawork with this series is second to none.

Another episode title --- "Box Cutter" --- where it means next to nothing going in. But after the episode, it could be three years later and just mentioning it, you know exactly what that episode was about and/or what happened. I love that.

Skyler is now waist-deep in all this and she's still worried about appearances and thinks she's above it all. True to form, she puts on a show to get other people to do the dirty work. And the huge robe she was wearing, fluttering around like she's royalty.... I just don't like her character.

Did Saul hire the mouth-breather and sweep his office for bugs b/c of Gale's murder, or something else? As they said in some preview material, Saul is the kind of guy who's just going to disappear some day. (On edit: just to be clear this is not spoiler material, they were just talking generally... that he is that type of guy). Whether it's nefarious or hopping a plane to a non-extraditing country, people will show up to his office and he'll just be gone like a fart in the wind. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon, as he's one of the few sources of comedy (as a true sleazeball, mind you) in an otherwise dark show.

Here in the lulls of summer, it's awesome to have something to look forward to on teevee.

Funny, I lent the whole series to a friend of mine, and his wife. They generally have good taste in movies, and tv stuff. They couldn't stand the show. They only wathced a few of them. The reason: "I can't stand any of the characters, except the brother in-law." They particularly hated Skylar and her sister. I remember, when we used to post here, about the Sopraons, when it was still new, the most constant comment was how much everyone hated Carmela Soprano.

Agree about Gus's scene. That was chilling...I don't normally watch many series on commercial tv, so it was a little strange, when they came back from the commercial, just before that scene, the disclaimer: "Warning: the following segment may contain images or content that is disturbing to some viewers" or something like that...you knew we were in for something. I thought it was kind of "funny" the way Mike raised his gun during the whole thing.

As for Gus's motivation, it seemed like Jesse kind of nailed it at the diner..."I may not be able to kill you, but you are going to wish you were dead." Great scene. Aaron Paul, to me, is as good as Bryan Cranston, in this show.

Agree about Gus's scene. That was chilling...I don't normally watch many series on commercial tv, so it was a little strange, when they came back from the commercial, just before that scene, the disclaimer: "Warning: the following segment may contain images or content that is disturbing to some viewers" or something like that...you knew we were in for something. I thought it was kind of "funny" the way Mike raised his gun during the whole thing.

Edited by Buftex

Funny, I lent the whole series to a friend of mine, and his wife. They generally have good taste in movies, and tv stuff. They couldn't stand the show. They only wathced a few of them. The reason: "I can't stand any of the characters, except the brother in-law." They particularly hated Skylar and her sister. I remember, when we used to post here, about the Sopraons, when it was still new, the most constant comment was how much everyone hated Carmela Soprano.

As for Gus's motivation, it seemed like Jesse kind of nailed it at the diner..."I may not be able to kill you, but you are going to wish you were dead." Great scene. Aaron Paul, to me, is as good as Bryan Cranston, in this show.

And like Walt said, that should be amended to "I may not be able to kill you [ right now ], but [ until I can, ] you are going to wish you were dead." Anyone who's ever claimed a 'Hostile Work Environment' has got nothin'! As much as Tuco was crazy and erratic, Gus is meticulous and calculating. Not sure which is worse.

Just to clarify... I don't have any animosity regarding Skyler being a strong female lead / misogyny. It's just the !@#$ way she expects everyone to bend over backwards for her wishes and the way she tries to control everything. Case in point: when she tried to have Walt arrested for being in his own home, and then after that backfired, iirc she intimated that she would beat herself up and say Walt did it. That crossed a line that she can't step back over. There's no kind of penance that make up for that.

I didn't catch Mike raising his gun. That scene was more than a little :o so the attention kind of goes at that.... Pointed toward whom?

Edited by UConn James

Damn!

I can't figure out whether Gus killed that guy because he touched the lab equipment or if it was merely a shock-and-awe moment designed to scare the sh-- out of everyone there, including Mike (as hard as it would be to shock Mike...) in a 'You may very well be next and you're not going to see it coming' kind of way. Probably a little from column A, and a lot from column B. Nevertheless that was an awesome use of silence for ~5 minutes +.

I had a different interpretation of that scene. Oh, and please use the /spoiler tags. Some folks might not have seen the episode yet

Earlier in the episode that guy (I don't know the character's name) went to Gayle's apartment. He was seen by Gayle's neighbors who were on the phone with the police. That's the kind of mistake that I doubt Gus will tolerate and made that guy a loose end that Gus dealt with himself

I had a different interpretation of that scene. Oh, and please use the /spoiler tags. Some folks might not have seen the episode yet

Earlier in the episode that guy (I don't know the character's name) went to Gayle's apartment. He was seen by Gayle's neighbors who were on the phone with the police. That's the kind of mistake that I doubt Gus will tolerate and made that guy a loose end that Gus dealt with himself

Hmm. Victor explained that people would assume he was a "lookie-loo" but yeah....

As for use of spoiler tags, it is the longstanding rule in other show discussion threads here (e.g. LOST) that any descriptions of and comments about an aired episode are fair game for normal typography.

People should be reasonably aware when clicking on a thread about a show episode that has aired, even out-of-time-zone, that they will be seeing discussion. I get that a lot of people DVR, stream, etc. these days. But the burden should be on those people to avoid the thread if they aren't caught up. Anything that goes beyond "Well, X might happen in the next episode because..." needs to be yellow-fonted or use the spoiler tag. E.g. future casting details, snippets from sites such as SpoilerTV, etc.

Edited by UConn James

I agree that Gus killed Victor because he had screwed up and having been spotted at the crime scene, he could be traced back to Gus. Did they say how Jesse was able to obtain Gale's address? Did he tail Victor there or did he just open up the white pages? Gus used the disposal of Victor as a teaching moment for Walt and Jesse to let them know that he was fully capable of doing the "dirty work". Now Mike's reaction was what it was because he obviously didn't see that coming. And that was great acting by Aaron Paul to demonstrate how he snapped out of his shock of killing Gale and stared right into Gus' eyes as two cold-blooded killers (in the space of a few hours) came to understand each other.

Loved the matching Kenny Rogers t-shirts that presumably Mike bought for Walt & Jesse. Was that a nod to Kenny Rogers' Roasters with both Kenny & Gus being "Chicken Men"? A nice tip of the cap to Pulp Fiction, with Walt & Jesse enjoying breakfast wearing ridiculous outfits because their clothes were covered with blood.

I watched a preview scene from episode 2 that includes the return of Badger & Skinny Pete. It's some much needed comic relief.

i am of the school of thought that the motivation for gus' action were nailed by jesse...he may not be able to kill you, but you sure as **** wish you were dead...i don't think it had anything to do with the dude being seen or touching the equipment...

great episode...

another bit of spoiler(?)

frigging skyler is pregnant in real life...isn't she...whats with the flowing clothes and holding the newspaper...i fear its gonna distract a bit from the season...

another bit of spoiler(?)

frigging skyler is pregnant in real life...isn't she...whats with the flowing clothes and holding the newspaper...i fear its gonna distract a bit from the season...

Good...BE GONE WITH HER! She's the worst part of the show, IMO. Let Walt and marie start banging or something, but I"m tired of Skylar's crap. It takes away from the awesomeness that is Walt "Heisenberg" White

she is kind of annoying, but i think there would be a big void if she was gone...now walt jr....he can go take a flying leap....his character has always bugged the piss out of me....

Good...BE GONE WITH HER! She's the worst part of the show, IMO. Let Walt and marie start banging or something, but I"m tired of Skylar's crap. It takes away from the awesomeness that is Walt "Heisenberg" White

Just watched the premiere last night. I agree with most here that Skylar is becoming more and more annoying to watch and I feel like it steals time from all the rest of the show.

But despite that minor annoyance the show continues to be amazing to me because things rarely go how I expect or how normal scripted TV/movies go.

For instance I never thought for a second that Jessie was actually going to kill Gayle. It seemed like over the first three seasons the writers kept trying to keep him and Walt somewhat pure of this. The people that were killed were all kind of justified in a self defense way where as this was straight up murder.

I was certain it would end up being something like Jessie purposely missed to scare Gayle and then kidnapped him to save Walt so I was very surprised in the first 10 minutes to see Gayle with a hole in his head.

In any case I loved it. Unpredictable and "un-hollywood cookie cutter" writing are what make a show excellent for me and will keep me coming back.

And for the record, I agree with an earlier poster than anyone who is behind episodes that aired shouldn't click on this thread at all but I personally hate being spoiled so for the reckless who do come to the thread I suppose it isn't too difficult to use the spoiler tag. :thumbsup:

she is kind of annoying, but i think there would be a big void if she was gone...now walt jr....he can go take a flying leap....his character has always bugged the piss out of me....

Skyler was Walt's link to his pure pre-criminal life in Suburbia. Now that she knows the situation and is trying to inject herself into Walt's new world she is becoming more corrupt and annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if Skyler pushes too far into territory that she doesn't understand and ends up the one to pay the price for Walt's sins

Edited by /dev/null

I'll tell you what else pisses me off about this show...

...everything else I've watched on tv since Sunday night has SUCKED by comparison :P

Skyler was Walt's link to his pure pre-criminal life in Suburbia. Now that she knows the situation and is trying to inject herself into Walt's new world she is becoming more corrupt and annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if Skyler pushes too far into territory that she doesn't understand and ends up the one to pay the price for Walt's sins

Agreed. What makes these shows great is the nuance...withoug Skylar, as annoying as folks seem to find her, or Walt Jr, the whole story of Walter White loses a layer of interest. They are part of the conflict of the show. Without them, Walter White is just another bad guy on tv...not an "anti-hero", just a bad guy. That would get old...what I think about Sklyar is that she isn't as smart as she seems to think she is, and that may get in Walts way, sooner or later. I think her "brilliant" scheme, last season, of explaining Walts cash windfall (he went on a gambling jag) will come back to bite them. Hank is sitting in his bead, putting two and two together...why is he buying crystals on ebay?

The only characters I ever hated on a tv show I liked, were Mr & Mrs Howell...camera time taken from Ginger and Marianne!

Agreed. What makes these shows great is the nuance...withoug Skylar, as annoying as folks seem to find her, or Walt Jr, the whole story of Walter White loses a layer of interest. They are part of the conflict of the show. Without them, Walter White is just another bad guy on tv...not an "anti-hero", just a bad guy. That would get old...what I think about Sklyar is that she isn't as smart as she seems to think she is, and that may get in Walts way, sooner or later. I think her "brilliant" scheme, last season, of explaining Walts cash windfall (he went on a gambling jag) will come back to bite them. Hank is sitting in his bead, putting two and two together...why is he buying crystals on ebay?

The only characters I ever hated on a tv show I liked, were Mr & Mrs Howell...camera time taken from Ginger and Marianne!

Hank is buying crystals to help heal himself. He's desperate and miserable. His wife said, "Oh that's a pretty rock." He said, "It's a mineral, and I need it."

He's trying anything he can to get better, to no avail.

Hank is sitting in his bead, putting two and two together...why is he buying crystals on ebay?

Hank is buying crystals to help heal himself. He's desperate and miserable. His wife said, "Oh that's a pretty rock." He said, "It's a mineral, and I need it."

Hank doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would try some alternative therapy with healing crystals. I suspect his crystal shopping may come back and tie in with the opening scene

Flashback scene between Gus and Gayle. Gayle admits he can't get the purity as high as the sample he was testing (Walt's) and had no way of explaining the blue color. Maybe the crystal will tie in somehow to the mysterious blue shade of Walt's product?

Hank doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would try some alternative therapy with healing crystals. I suspect his crystal shopping may come back and tie in with the opening scene

Flashback scene between Gus and Gayle. Gayle admits he can't get the purity as high as the sample he was testing (Walt's) and had no way of explaining the blue color. Maybe the crystal will tie in somehow to the mysterious blue shade of Walt's product?

That is more like what I am thinking. Hank seems to be in a serious mode of feeling sorry for himself, and barely seems interested in physical therapy. Remember, last season, before he was shot up, he was kind of risking his whole career, because he felt like he was on the brink of figuring out who was making the blue crystal meth. He has brushed up against Walts' criminal activities a number of times. I suspect he starts becoming more suspcious of Walt as time goes on. He already suspects that Jesse Pinkman is somehow involved.

You remember in the first season (maybe it was second) when he starts looking at Walts school lab, wondering how he wouldn't realize that certain equipment was missing? The stuff will start to accrue...and Walt seemed to have a need (almost) to confess to Hank...but he always reverts in speaking in euphimisms. I think Hank realizes his shooting wasn't some random act, and that will make him realize that he was close to discovering something. Imagine how he will feel when the answers he was lookig for were hiding in plain sight.

Edited by Buftex

Yeah, don't get me wrong... even tho I find her really annoying, she's necessary to the show. But the more she gets involved in Walt's covert activities, the greater the likelihood that she faces certain repercussions. A lot of people connected to Walt have borne the brunt for his choice to cook meth rather than accept the help from his former business partner.

Hank said, "It's a mineral... and I'm bidding on it" in response to Marie's "That's a pretty rock you're buying."

He's trying. But, naturally, he's also depressed and impatient. I wouldn't read into anything about it being a crystal. It's a hobby. You don't read anything into him doing home-brew beer (well, besides seeing the line of comparison where Walt went in on his own home-brew scheme...).

That is more like what I am thinking. Hank seems to be in a serious mode of feeling sorry for himself, and barely seems interested in physical therapy. Remember, last season, before he was shot up, he was kind of risking his whole career, because he felt like he was on the brink of figuring out who was making the blue crystal meth. He has brushed up against Walts' criminal activities a number of times. I suspect he starts becoming more suspcious of Walt as time goes on. He already suspects that Jesse Pinkman is somehow involved.

You remember in the first season (maybe it was second) when he starts looking at Walts school lab, wondering how he wouldn't realize that certain equipment was missing? The stuff will start to accrue...and Walt seemed to have a need (almost) to confess to Hank...but he always reverts in speaking in euphimisms. I think Hank realizes his shooting wasn't some random act, and that will make him realize that he was close to discovering something. Imagine how he will feel when the answers he was lookig for were hiding in plain sight.

When it hits him, it's going to come like a ton of friggin' bricks. Right now, I don't think he's thinking too much about the case, because he's too busy being depressed/angry and trying to distract himself. It would make no sense for the writers to have him try to connect the dots of everything that's happened in the first episode of the season.

But, how it's all coming together will be interesting how Hank and Marie handle it if he does connect the dots. And I don't think for a moment that Skylar made this arrangement without it coincidentally being a backup plan for if Walt is discovered. Hank has now been receiving profits of a drug producer to pay for his medical bills. Hank will be implicated if Walt is caught; he hasn't done anything wrong, but it would be the appearance from a compounding of facts (viewed with hindsight) that would certainly do him in. Nevermind Marie's shoplifting... Walt and Skylar have them both by the short and curlies. If they Walt goes down, they go down.

And the episode where Badger gets pinched.

Yeah, don't get me wrong... even tho I find her really annoying, she's necessary to the show. But the more she gets involved in Walt's covert activities, the greater the likelihood that she faces certain repercussions. A lot of people connected to Walt have borne the brunt for his choice to cook meth rather than accept the help from his former business partner.

Hank said, "It's a mineral... and I'm bidding on it" in response to Marie's "That's a pretty rock you're buying."

He's trying. But, naturally, he's also depressed and impatient. I wouldn't read into anything about it being a crystal. It's a hobby. You don't read anything into him doing home-brew beer (well, besides seeing the line of comparison where Walt went in on his own home-brew scheme...).

When it hits him, it's going to come like a ton of friggin' bricks. Right now, I don't think he's thinking too much about the case, because he's too busy being depressed/angry and trying to distract himself. It would make no sense for the writers to have him try to connect the dots of everything that's happened in the first episode of the season.

But, how it's all coming together will be interesting how Hank and Marie handle it if he does connect the dots. And I don't think for a moment that Skylar made this arrangement without it coincidentally being a backup plan for if Walt is discovered. Hank has now been receiving profits of a drug producer to pay for his medical bills. Hank will be implicated if Walt is caught; he hasn't done anything wrong, but it would be the appearance from a compounding of facts (viewed with hindsight) that would certainly do him in. Nevermind Marie's shoplifting... Walt and Skylar have them both by the short and curlies. If they Walt goes down, they go down.

Didn't even think of that...

i think what bugs me about Walt Jr. is that he is portrayed to be a perfect kid, always doing good...a sort of goody goody...and i think that just rubs me the wrong way...I agree that he is integral to Walts character development..i just don't like how he is portrayed...not sure if that makes sense...just a bit over the top for me....

by the way...whoever mentioned a couple posts above about how good a character and actor Jesse is...spot on...he was riveting in the premier...he was just devastated through most of it and you really felt his 'pain'....

when marie was sitting in the driveway before she went in to help hank..i honestly thought she was gonna hit the pipe...that would have crushed me.....

The writers post material attributed to Hank on the AMC site for the show, as an extra. No spoilers there, just a little more insight on his character.

Hank's Blog - The Overshare

And... I'm back. I know you missed me. You've been looking elsewhere for comfort, but nothing quite fills up the space I left, right? Well, I knew you were hurting, so here I am.

Okay, not really. Though I miss your affectionate heckling, giving up blogging has not been the biggest hole in my life lately (that'd be the four left by those bullets). No, I'm back because the wife insists. She thinks blogging is good for me. I tried to explain to her why I was taking time off. It's hard keeping the tone light when you're relearning how to walk and maintain control of your sphincter at the same time.

Finally got completely caught up. It's such an amazing show. One thing I'm glad is that they are softening Walt up a bit. He was a becoming a huge Richard, especially to Jesse (who does bring it on himself).

Another thing I love about the show is the music. It's a subtle thing but it can really enhance the show. Great variety of tunes in this show.

Well, last night's episode lacked the punch slash of the premiere, but each season has to build its own part of the castle, brick by brick.

The theme of "38 Snub" for the major characters was a proposal followed by a rejection. In Skylar's case, the car wash guy wouldn't sell because of how Walt quit (questionable whether he would have sold to anyone, though); over a drink, Walt got turned down by Mike when he asked to "get me in the same room [with Gus]" so as to remove what he tried to sell as a common threat; Jesse partied hard with Badger and (?) and when offering to keep it going, they left. They had different goals. Skylar wants her own part in all this, Walt wants to be out of the shadow of another madman, Jesse doesn't want to be alone. Their plans haven't succeeded. I suppose you could throw in Marie with this lot as well, with Hank responding to the physio but pushing her further away. Not the greatest episode, but....

I was just getting the sense from Jesse's sound system... it's similarity to the lab equipment. Specifically, the machine first machine that Victor turned on last week when he tried making his own batch. Just something in the light pattern. Jesse is such a... you know, he wants to impress people with things that give him something to say but his ability to form real connections with people is gone. While Walt is thinking about a future state of security, Jesse's content to surround himself with people who are there for as long as they can party and couldn't give a **** less about him and his things. They just trash a place and leave... and on that note, his previous trying to keep the house looking nice, including the robotic vacuum, went out the window. Part of me thinks this had been building for awhile, but there's a part that thinks something in Jesse quietly snapped in witnessing Victor's death. Like he's now living for the short term.

I was half expecting Angela to throw the wad of money in his face. Can't believe she took blood money, but then again, it's hard to blame.

great assessment...it wasn't the most riveting episode, but it was a plot builder, so i guess it was necessary...not much in the way of spoilers for me but just in case

Skylar is a B word for going behind Walt's back like that...Jesse definitely was affected by the 2 killings in front of him most recently. Loved the phone call Walt got as he was going to Gus' place. The commercial by Saul was absolutely hilarious. Mike is one of my favorite characters...such a soft spoken bad ass. Hank and Marie need to move along...that's kind of getting old, i though Marie was gonna boink either the PT or the fed ex guy...

Well, last night's episode lacked the punch slash of the premiere, but each season has to build its own part of the castle, brick by brick.

The theme of "38 Snub" for the major characters was a proposal followed by a rejection. In Skylar's case, the car wash guy wouldn't sell because of how Walt quit (questionable whether he would have sold to anyone, though); over a drink, Walt got turned down by Mike when he asked to "get me in the same room [with Gus]" so as to remove what he tried to sell as a common threat; Jesse partied hard with Badger and (?) and when offering to keep it going, they left. They had different goals. Skylar wants her own part in all this, Walt wants to be out of the shadow of another madman, Jesse doesn't want to be alone. Their plans haven't succeeded. I suppose you could throw in Marie with this lot as well, with Hank responding to the physio but pushing her further away. Not the greatest episode, but....

I was just getting the sense from Jesse's sound system... it's similarity to the lab equipment. Specifically, the machine first machine that Victor turned on last week when he tried making his own batch. Just something in the light pattern. Jesse is such a... you know, he wants to impress people with things that give him something to say but his ability to form real connections with people is gone. While Walt is thinking about a future state of security, Jesse's content to surround himself with people who are there for as long as they can party and couldn't give a **** less about him and his things. They just trash a place and leave... and on that note, his previous trying to keep the house looking nice, including the robotic vacuum, went out the window. Part of me thinks this had been building for awhile, but there's a part that thinks something in Jesse quietly snapped in witnessing Victor's death. Like he's now living for the short term.

I was half expecting Angela to throw the wad of money in his face. Can't believe she took blood money, but then again, it's hard to blame.

Skylar is a B word for going behind Walt's back like that...Jesse definitely was affected by the 2 killings in front of him most recently. Loved the phone call Walt got as he was going to Gus' place. The commercial by Saul was absolutely hilarious. Mike is one of my favorite characters...such a soft spoken bad ass. Hank and Marie need to move along...that's kind of getting old, i though Marie was gonna boink either the PT or the fed ex guy...

I was getting the same vibe about Marie wanting to screw the PT guy. As Hank continues to push Marie away I think she starts to stray and ends up with somebody with some kind of connection to Walt/Jesse/Gus/Mike/New Guy/Saul and starts to get pulled in

I think Victor's death planted a seed of doubt in Mike's mind about Gus. He rejected Walt's offer in the bar but he didn't actually say No. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike's seed of doubt keeps growing throughout the season

And Saul was awesome as usual :lol: