2011 Buffalo Bills schedule

Scrappy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Report: Jets will open on Sunday Night Football against Cowboys

Wow...seemed like the Jets vs Giants was a natural for opening night, on the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the WTC. Or, Giants vs Redskins...I guess the NFL is thinking different, if what you say is true.

Wow...seemed like the Jets vs Giants was a natural for opening night, on the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the WTC. Or, Giants vs Redskins...I guess the NFL is thinking different, if what you say is true.

The Super Bowl champs host opening night.

I hope they get the Thanksgiving game.... That would be awesome

Maybe not so awesome for those who wanted a Dallas roadtrip. It means leaving the family on Thanksgiving. Plus tix will be hard to get and expensive!!

The Super Bowl champs host opening night.

They have traditionally hosted the opening Thursday night game...since they have been opening on Thursdays the last few years. That would be on 9/8 this year...the opening Sunday game is on 9/11, which makes, to me anyways, a Jets vs Giants game, or a Jets/Giants vs Redskins, a natural...the NFL is normally all over pageantry and nationalism...

They now do 2 MNF games opening night...

They have traditionally hosted the opening Thursday night game...since they have been opening on Thursdays the last few years. That would be on 9/8 this year...the opening Sunday game is on 9/11, which makes, to me anyways, a Jets vs Giants game, or a Jets/Giants vs Redskins, a natural...the NFL is normally all over pageantry and nationalism...

so now opening night is Monday? :devil::D

For the 3rd(?) year in a row, no prime time game.

No Thanksgiving game.

Open at Kansas City, close at the Cheatriots*

Bye in week 7…and come off the bye in Toronto against the Redskins.

And it looks like I'll be in San Diego in December.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

I don't know if the NFL considered it, but there is some evidence that terrorists sometimes plan anniversary date attacks to "celebrate" earlier ones. Perhaps not the most authoritative link, but it discusses the phenomenon:

http://www.keystosaferschools.com/Terrorism_and_Anniversaries.htm

Maybe the NFL didn't want to create a tempting anniversary date target in the NYC area when there was no need to do so - - if you're living in a cave in Afghanistan you might not realize such a game would actually be played in New Jersey.