Kaepernick , #1 rated Qb

Thoner7

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/16/colin-kaepernick-latest-prospect-invited-to-nfl-draft

My guess is its the Raiders. They dont have a first round pick. Maybe they want to bet the farm and move up to the top of Round 2 for him? Too bad that leaves the Pats at the top of round 2 to trade out. If not the Patsies, maybe us. Looking at the chart, I dont think its worth it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/16/colin-kaepernick-latest-prospect-invited-to-nfl-draft

My guess is its the Raiders. They dont have a first round pick. Maybe they want to bet the farm and move up to the top of Round 2 for him? Too bad that leaves the Pats at the top of round 2 to trade out. If not the Patsies, maybe us. Looking at the chart, I dont think its worth it.

I like this kid a lot but I don't think he is a 1st rd pick. If we pass on a QB in the 1st and get a solid Defensive pick there like Miller, Dareus, Bowers, etc., and Mallett isn't there at #34 then I might gamble on this kid sitting and learning behind Fitzy for a year. I like Kaepernick, Mallett, or Ponder at #34 if we do go QB. If Phil Taylor is there at #34 I'd pass on all of these guys and take him. The Raiders are crazy enough to try to move up for this kid but it isn't likely.

This #34 pick is too valuable to trade unless it is a deal too good to pass up since we could get a 1st rd talent in the second round. It'll be fun and nerve wracking to see what they do come the 28th.

He's a project. His wind up makes Tebow's look fundamental. He might be a good NFL QB down the road, but it WILL take time. He'll require patience.

The best description I read about Kaepernick's unorthodox throwing motion was a scout who said it looked like his lower and upper body were two different throwing motions. p-r-o-j-e-c-t. I don't want any stinking projects

The best description I read about Kaepernick's unorthodox throwing motion was a scout who said it looked like his lower and upper body were two different throwing motions. p-r-o-j-e-c-t. I don't want any stinking projects

Yea, our team has no talent and its such a high pick, whoever it is should be a day 1 starter. QB would be the only exception I guess, but I dont target a QB at all this year.

He's a project. His wind up makes Tebow's look fundamental. He might be a good NFL QB down the road, but it WILL take time. He'll require patience.

BS!!!!!!!!!!! What is all this crap about throwing motion (BTW I am a huge Tebow fan and CKs mechanics are better than his) Everyone needs to get the tape out of him and Vick and tell me if there is a difference, I don't see anyone complaining about his throwing motion. Kaepernick's arm is a Rocket, stronger than Mallett's, and has a quick snap to it.

Heard Mel Kiper say yesterday that as many five QBs may go in the first round ????

I have been saying this too for a while (well 5 in the first 33 as I think there is the possibility NE takes one or trades the pick to someone taking one with the first pick in the second) and I wouldn't be surprised that Mallet isn't one of them...but there are 6 guys who legitimately have a shot at going in the first 33 picks

Cam, Gabbert, CK, Ponder, Mallet and Locker could easily go in first 33 and even Dalton has some buzz about him too. If we don't go QB at 3 then I think we take one 34 assuming one of the guys we like are still there, and I am starting to think Mallet may be the one that slides if Mia doesn't take him.

I have been saying this too for a while (well 5 in the first 33 as I think there is the possibility NE takes one or trades the pick to someone taking one with the first pick in the second) and I wouldn't be surprised that Mallet isn't one of them...but there are 6 guys who legitimately have a shot at going in the first 33 picks

Cam, Gabbert, CK, Ponder, Mallet and Locker could easily go in first 33 and even Dalton has some buzz about him too. If we don't go QB at 3 then I think we take one 34 assuming one of the guys we like are still there, and I am starting to think Mallet may be the one that slides if Mia doesn't take him.

I just dont buy that there are this many- remember last year when clausen was a top ten and colt was going to sneak into the first?

I still think it's 2, maybe 3 in the first- 2-3 in the second and probably 1 in the third of these top 7 guys getting first round talk.

What an absurd statement. How do you know the Bills FO and coaching staff like him?

I am basing my statement on our history of wasting high first round picks on tomato cans such as Maybin, Mike Williams etc. Perhaps you are impressed by our draft history the past 10 years. If so I find that absurd

Kaepernick's arm is a Rocket, stronger than Mallett's

This is an outrageous comment. Mallet throws a FAR better ball flat footed than CK does with a running start. You think the kid is good? Fine. But in terms of arm strength, Mallet could probably throw him 50 or 60 yards.

It isn't remotely close.

I am basing my statement on our history of wasting high first round picks on tomato cans such as Maybin, Mike Williams etc. Perhaps you are impressed by our draft history the past 10 years. If so I find that absurd

What the heck does the last 10 years have to do with Nix? Wow. And to say we draft like the Raiders is a huge stretch of the truth.