Fantastic Article About Mallett, Newton and Gabbert

The author called Mallet a "tall Ben Rolthisberger". That's about as inaccurate a statement as you can make IMO. Big arm aside, I can't see the comparison made between Mallet and a QB that has used improvisation as a weapon better than most QBs in league history. The comparison I'd make would be between Mallet and Bledsoe. Cannon arm, yet looks like he's stuck in the mud. I think he can be a very good, if not great great QB, if he's drafted by a team with a great OLine. His decision making has been very poor at times, thus making a good offensive line even more of a priority to any team that drafts him. I just can't understand the Big Ben comparisons, other than the Big part. Big boy with a big arm.

The author called Mallet a "tall Ben Rolthisberger". That's about as inaccurate a statement as you can make IMO. Big arm aside, I can't see the comparison made between Mallet and a QB that has used improvisation as a weapon better than most QBs in league history. The comparison I'd make would be between Mallet and Bledsoe. Cannon arm, yet looks like he's stuck in the mud. I think he can be a very good, if not great great QB, if he's drafted by a team with a great OLine. His decision making has been very poor at times, thus making a good offensive line even more of a priority to any team that drafts him. I just can't understand the Big Ben comparisons, other than the Big part. Big boy with a big arm.

I've seen this comparison several times before, and it usually is made with some tone of derision toward Bledsoe (not intending to imply this to you necessarily). Which leads me to ask, if it was a sure thing that Mallet would be exactly like Bledsoe, would people draft him at #3? At #34?

I've seen this comparison several times before, and it usually is made with some tone of derision toward Bledsoe (not intending to imply this to you necessarily). Which leads me to ask, if it was a sure thing that Mallet would be exactly like Bledsoe, would people draft him at #3? At #34?

I would give the 3 and 34 (and more) to get up to #1 to get him if it was a guarantee that he would have the career that Bledsoe did.

Bledsoe likes wine, not coke. A qb with substance abuse issues (allegedly) shouldn't be trusted to be the face of franchise.

What I dont understand is why people knock Bledsoe so badly......

A YOUNG Bledsoe was pretty good when he had a line to protect him and viable targets

I get your point, but most QB's are good when they have a good OLine and viable targets.

Last two sentences of article:

"If a team is looking for a pure passer, Mallett would be my choice."

Buffalo is not. At least not according to EVERYTHING Gailey has alluded to.

"If a team is considering a more modern day approach, Newton may be a better first pick, but Mallett is no worse than the number two quarterback in my book."

Buffalo is looking for a more modern day approach. At least according to EVERYTHING Gailey has alluded to.

Last two sentences of article:

"If a team is looking for a pure passer, Mallett would be my choice."

Buffalo is not. At least not according to EVERYTHING Gailey has alluded to.

"If a team is considering a more modern day approach, Newton may be a better first pick, but Mallett is no worse than the number two quarterback in my book."

Buffalo is looking for a more modern day approach. At least according to EVERYTHING Gailey has alluded to.

Pretty much. Besides, our line will get a statue-type QB sent to the hospital eventually.

A YOUNG Bledsoe was pretty good when he had a line to protect him and viable targets

I personally wasn't knocking bledsoe, just comparing him to mallet. A qb with a rocket arm that is most effective if he has time to throw and doesn't have to move around a lot. If we had a great oline, if be VERY happy with mallet, even taking into account his off the field issues.

Pretty much. Besides, our line will get a statue-type QB sent to the hospital eventually.

And there is no excuse for this. It is something I will never accept, nor should any serious Bills fan.

The damage done by Levy/Jauron to this team is immeasurable. We will never be any good until we are a strong football team. Using our best resources to draft defensive backs and running backs will keep us in the basement, and this team will be a non-factor until this idiotic mentality is completely purged. The Spiller selection was not a good sign.

As for this article, I like the comparison to Marino, and Mallett in some ways might have an even better arm. Do I think we will draft him? No. Do I think he will be a huge success in the NFL? Absolutely.

Pretty good??? He is a borderline Hall of Fame candidate. He carried the Patriots to the Superbowl by himself pre-Belicheat. And there would be no Tom Brady SuperBowl win over the Rams without Bledsoe coming off the bench to beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh.

i do think its amusing that because of the pittsburgh loss, suddenly landing a bledsoe-esque player is considered a debacle in buffalo. im pretty sure no other city in the nfl would cry about getting drew bledsoe at 34.

if you want to talk about the drug questions etc... thats completely different but to say "drew bledsoe? no thanks." is absolutely crazy to me

i do think its amusing that because of the pittsburgh loss, suddenly landing a bledsoe-esque player is considered a debacle in buffalo. im pretty sure no other city in the nfl would cry about getting drew bledsoe at 34.

if you want to talk about the drug questions etc... thats completely different but to say "drew bledsoe? no thanks." is absolutely crazy to me

It's probably just an embarrassment of riches sort of thing. After all, we've had so many Hall-of-Fame and near Hall-of-Fame QBs running the Bills offense, especially in recent years. :devil:

In the 4th quarter, the middle linebacker was always a viable target for Drew.