Fantastic Article About Mallett, Newton and Gabbert

And there is no excuse for this. It is something I will never accept, nor should any serious Bills fan.

The damage done by Levy/Jauron to this team is immeasurable. We will never be any good until we are a strong football team. Using our best resources to draft defensive backs and running backs will keep us in the basement, and this team will be a non-factor until this idiotic mentality is completely purged. The Spiller selection was not a good sign.

As for this article, I like the comparison to Marino, and Mallett in some ways might have an even better arm. Do I think we will draft him? No. Do I think he will be a huge success in the NFL? Absolutely.

The damage done by Levy/Jauron simply pales in comparison to the damage done by Mr. Ralph himself.

1. In our decade plus of failing to make the playoffs what % would you blame on Levy/Jauron? Like it or not the majority of the teams record of failure was racked up before the Levy/Jauron reign of error.

2. If you want to look at only the future by arbitrarily simply ignoring the majority of the record of failure, who besides Levy would have chosen to work for Mr. Ralph after his debacle relationships firing Polian, having such a toxic relationship with Butler he screwed us and firing TD as well. As Shanahan and Cowart demonstrated in the last go round no one would use Mr. Ralph as more than an amusing foil and he is so incompetent as an owner he could not even find a GM post Levy.

3. If Levy Jauron were such a disaster who hired them and does not this person deserve huge blame.

To simply fault Levy/jauron for this situation and ignore Mr. Ralph's lead role is simply not correct.

The damage done by Levy/Jauron simply pales in comparison to the damage done by Mr. Ralph himself.

1. In our decade plus of failing to make the playoffs what % would you blame on Levy/Jauron? Like it or not the majority of the teams record of failure was racked up before the Levy/Jauron reign of error.

2. If you want to look at only the future by arbitrarily simply ignoring the majority of the record of failure, who besides Levy would have chosen to work for Mr. Ralph after his debacle relationships firing Polian, having such a toxic relationship with Butler he screwed us and firing TD as well. As Shanahan and Cowart demonstrated in the last go round no one would use Mr. Ralph as more than an amusing foil and he is so incompetent as an owner he could not even find a GM post Levy.

3. If Levy Jauron were such a disaster who hired them and does not this person deserve huge blame.

To simply fault Levy/jauron for this situation and ignore Mr. Ralph's lead role is simply not correct.

I have no quarrel with what you say. Seriously. Nobody else would have hired these two incompetent men in their capacities. Levy was a washed up coach hired to be a GM, and Jauron was/is a proven loser. And, Ralph is ultimately to blame.

Still, their incompetence was devestating to this franchise. Our only hope is that Nix/Gailey can right the ship and as much as I crave this, it is admittedly a reach, especially after the Spiller selection.

The good news is that hope springs eternal before every draft, and it is that much better having the #3.

GO BILLS!!!!!!~!!!!!

What I dont understand is why people knock Bledsoe so badly......

A YOUNG Bledsoe was pretty good when he had a line to protect him and viable targets

To this fan, the Biggest knock on Bledsoe was that nothing he did was quick. Pat, pat, pat, pat, throw. His screen passes were often pitifully inaccurate or totally lacking in touch. That's what I remember. I also don't believe he read coverages as well as he needed too. Scramble? Ever see a sloth?

Bledsoe could throw the ball down field and accurately. Cannon armed. Yet, too slow in too many areas.

He's disliked because once the first half of his first season with the Bills ended, he was generally far more ineffective than effective.

Concerning Marino, he was drafted #1 by the LA Express of the USFL prior to the NFL's draft.

The USFL had begun an earnest bidding war for top notch college talent like Herschel Walker. Most NFL teams took a bye on Marino because they thought he'd end up in LA.

Miami had just lost to Washington in the SB, so they took a gamble that the white snowy beaches of Miami might help lure him - along with the generally expected success that Shula was regularly bringing to the table in those days.

A year after Marino signed with the Dolphags, LA signed Steve Young for $100 million - an unheard of amount at that time.

It wasn't that the rest of the NFL was asleep. Marino wasn't sleeping much either.

As for Mallet. The kid's got an arm second to none. What's between his ears, I don't know. He's also slow of foot. Maybe the two are connected somehow.

What I dont understand is why people knock Bledsoe so badly......

A YOUNG Bledsoe was pretty good when he had a line to protect him and viable targets

Because he craps that bed against better teams. His W/L record against teams with winning records is awful, and he tends to choke in the big games.

The Pats traded him to a team in their own division...what more do you need to know?

Pretty much. Besides, our line will get a statue-type QB sent to the hospital eventually.

No matter who our QB is, we have to have a solid offensive line if we want to get any where. Everyone of the "first round" QB's has something wrong with them. The No. 1 thing a QB has to do is throw the ball accurrately all over the field (not just 8 yd hooks to the TE). Mallett probably does that better than any other QB in this draft. I'd look long and hard at Mallett before passing him up.

Because he craps that bed against better teams. His W/L record against teams with winning records is awful, and he tends to choke in the big games.

The Pats traded him to a team in their own division...what more do you need to know?

Thanks for keeping it real.:thumbsup:

I've seen this comparison several times before, and it usually is made with some tone of derision toward Bledsoe (not intending to imply this to you necessarily). Which leads me to ask, if it was a sure thing that Mallet would be exactly like Bledsoe, would people draft him at #3? At #34?

Bledsoe was a darn good QB until the hit that led to Brady and then the trade to Buffalo.

Thanks for keeping it real.:thumbsup:

Solidarity, brother!

In fact, you deserve the credit for teaching me about this dumbass's record against winning teams. You were the first person I saw ever post the numbers, and it was embarrassingly bad. :thumbdown: