Who is worthy of our second pick in the draft?

I tend to believe the Bills are inclined to used their 2nd round draft choice on a QB (hopefully Mallet). By no means do I claim to be a draft guru, but if you look at tape of previous QBs at the collegiate level there is absolutely no reason to believe this guy will not succeed in the NFL. However, I do realize that he has personality issues, and their are some concerns over drug use that must be examined before even considering him as our pick. I truly believe that the first round pick will be either Von Miller, or Robert Quinn...yes I said it. With our second round choice there are so many directions we can go in. Phil Taylor, who many people were salivating over during senior bowl week, has seen his stock drop immensely because of knee issues. This guy is a stud and would be worth taking a look at. Imagine grabbing Robert Quinn/ Phil Taylor in first two rounds? You cannot tell me that our defensive side would not be greatly improved, especially penetration wise (which is undeniably our biggest issue). Ultimately, there are many other notable options at our number 2 pick. Please share your opinion on what direction the Bills will go in the second round, but I am also curious to see who you believe our first rounder will be on as well.

If the Bills are thinking about picking a QB with our second round pick if he is still there (which i think he will be gone long before) i would go with Andy Dalton based on the guys resume !!

The kids college stats & winning percentage dwarfs just about all of the others in this draft class other than say the kid from Boise state (but that's another story)

Go and look at how this guys football history has progressed through out college if your not the slightest bit impressed there is some thing wrong . The kids freshman year comp. percentage was 58.9 & just went up from there along with every thing else.

I like Mallets arm & think he is talented , but there are many more questions surrounding him & Dalton seems to be much more sound in his past performance on & off the field !!

Ponder and Chan heart each other. I wouldn't be suprised if Ponder ends up the pick at #34.

If you think the list for #3 is long.

I think the list for #34 is 3 times as long. It's gonna be a crazy draft.

New England - from Oakland (8-8)

San Diego (9-7)

New York Giants (10-6)

Kansas City* (10-6)

Philadelphia* (10-6)

New Orleans* (11-5)

Baltimore* (12-4)

Atlanta* (13-3)

New England* (14-2)

New York Jets* (11-5)

Pittsburgh* (12-4)

Green Bay* (10-6)

And NE again

Phil Taylor won't last till our second.

I could see a couple DL(Heyward, Clayborn, Austin), OL(Pouncy, Sherrod, Cannon, Carpenter), and LBs (Wilson, Houston, Reed) being available. Rudolph could be the pick too but Chan doesnt have a history with using TEs so maybe not. I don't think QB will be the pick. That is simply because Chan does like Fitz and I dont see how any of these guys could be an upgrade as early as 2012 (when Fitz contract is up). I see it as adding a backup QB v adding a starting DL or OL player. I choose starting DL/OL, and I bet Chan/Nix do to because they need to compete sooner rather than later. It will prob be some guy we have never heard though.

Edited by Thoner7

I've got my eye on DE Muhammed Wilkerson, CB Brandon Harris, ILB Martez Wilson, or OLBs Justin Houston & Brooks Reed.

I used to like the idea of Wilkerson. I never saw him play so I youtubed him. Its only one video of one game, but he looked like poopy. Im not sure what to think of him now.

If we do end up going OLB with #3, I'd like to see us take the best D-lineman with #34. There will likely be an abundance of talent left on the board. Certainly Heyward, Wilkerson, Taylor, Clayborn, & Austin would be good additions to our defense. I'd really like to see us land Kyle Rudolph, however, because I can't even remember the last time we had a legitimate pass catching TE. IMO...we can wait until later rounds to take a QB. Dalton may slip to our pick in the 3rd, and I view Stanzi as a good mid-round option.

I tend to believe the Bills are inclined to used their 2nd round draft choice on a QB (hopefully Mallet). By no means do I claim to be a draft guru, but if you look at tape of previous QBs at the collegiate level there is absolutely no reason to believe this guy will not succeed in the NFL. However, I do realize that he has personality issues, and their are some concerns over drug use that must be examined before even considering him as our pick. I truly believe that the first round pick will be either Von Miller, or Robert Quinn...yes I said it. With our second round choice there are so many directions we can go in. Phil Taylor, who many people were salivating over during senior bowl week, has seen his stock drop immensely because of knee issues. This guy is a stud and would be worth taking a look at. Imagine grabbing Robert Quinn/ Phil Taylor in first two rounds? You cannot tell me that our defensive side would not be greatly improved, especially penetration wise (which is undeniably our biggest issue). Ultimately, there are many other notable options at our number 2 pick. Please share your opinion on what direction the Bills will go in the second round, but I am also curious to see who you believe our first rounder will be on as well.

I would love taylor, especially of we went LB in Rd 1. I think he's a perfect fit for the jets though, and can't see him falling past them them. Purely speculation Obv. I'd also love to add Ayers,Houston, Reed, Heyward or a host of other LB/DL that may be available. Our 2nd rounder looks to be extremely valuable. Hope we dont blow it

FYI, the Bills just had Christian Ballard in for a visit...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/DT/Christian-Ballard.php

That makes me think it will be either Miller or Quinn in the first, then they go DE/DT type player in the second. Wllkerson, Heyward, Austin, Ballard, one of these guys should be there at our second pick and the Bills will have the beginnings of a respectable front 7 for the first time in a long time.

if we went gabbert then heyward if he drops then kelvin sheppard. id think that was a really good first 3 picks.

also von mller,then heyward and sheppard would be cool. i wouldnt be mad if it was von,martez wilson and then sheppard. LBs are a big need for this team and in a 34 you need plenty of them.

if we went gabbert then heyward if he drops then kelvin sheppard. id think that was a really good first 3 picks.

also von mller,then heyward and sheppard would be cool. i wouldnt be mad if it was von,martez wilson and then sheppard. LBs are a big need for this team and in a 34 you need plenty of them.

Id be happy with any of those. Substituting Quinn for Miller would also be acceptable to me

Quinn I am not sure about. Missed a year of football.

I would take Peterson over Quinn. Darius over Quinn also if we get lucky Panthers pick Cam Newton and the Broncos pick Peterson.

That would indeed be sweet. Never happen but nice thought non-the-less.