Kiper Mock v4.0

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy with it. OLB and MLB are big time needs in my eyes. I'd like to add a DT too, but I don't see a prototypical 3-4 DT in the 1st 2 rounds, except Phil Taylor. Maybe Dareus can fill that role, but idk. While there are multiple players that can fit the 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT role, 3-4 DT's arent very plentiful. I'd be happy if we can add a big body later in the draft to fit into a rotation with Williams and Troupe.

Not a fan of Miller. At all. But I wont jump off the roof considering we get Wilson in the 2nd, and depending on the rest of the draft.

I'd rather have DT in the 1st though as well.

which DT do you prefer? I don't think theres a 3-4 DT out there, minus maybe Dareus, who's never played the position. I assume you mean a 3-4 end/4-3 DT hybrid.

I'd be happy with it. OLB and MLB are big time needs in my eyes. I'd like to add a DT too, but I don't see a prototypical 3-4 DT in the 1st 2 rounds, except Phil Taylor. Maybe Dareus can fill that role, but idk. While there are multiple players that can fit the 3-4 DE and 4-3 DT role, 3-4 DT's arent very plentiful. I'd be happy if we can add a big body later in the draft to fit into a rotation with Williams and Troupe.

which DT do you prefer? I don't think theres a 3-4 DT out there, minus maybe Dareus, who's never played the position. I assume you mean a 3-4 end/4-3 DT hybrid.

Mis-typed on "DT" and should have said DE, but same dif for us. I dont think we need to take a NT before the 3rd, but would like to see us take a guy to spell Troup so we can move Williams to DE.

Dareus and Fairly could play the other 3-4 DE. Dareus has played 3-4 DE often in college and has been very good there. I understand that in this particular mock he is already off the board, but whatever.

I like:

Dareus

Fairley

Jordan

Quinn (OLB/DE)

All before I would take Miller.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I'm good with this. Question? Who do these guys do multiple mock drafts? Possible answer: So they can all say they were "right"?

PTR

Folk's like Kiper keep updating, so the people who actually PAY for this crap feel like they got their monies worth.

Exactly....This mock has Dareus going # 2 to Denver...there's no other DL I'd want at 3 if he's not there. I don't think Quinn is a good fit as a 3-4 DE or OLB. The one year wonder aspect of Fairley concerns me.

Would love to see a trade down and then grab Cam Jordan in the 1st.

Would love to see a trade down and then grab Cam Jordan in the 1st.

he should be our #1 target if we trade down around 10th or less.

He's already got 3-4 DE experience. would be great pickup, but little bit of a reach at #3

I dont think we need to take a NT before the 3rd, but would like to see us take a guy to spell Troup so we can move Williams to DE.

Possible NTs?

Stephen Paea, Oregon St. (maybe only 1-gapper ?)

Marvin Austin, North Carolina

Blaine Sumner, Co School of Mines

Sumner:

The girthy nose tackle pumped out 52-reps on the bench at the Air Force pro day, breaking the all time Combine record of 49 which was just recently set by Oregon State's Stephen Paea.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/52reps-on-the-bench-OH-MY.html

Edited by dgrid

Von Miller will be a major bust. His little body "speed" OLB game doesn't translate to the NFL and he over pursues on running plays.

I've literally been laughing at the Kiper "expert" types this draft season. I think they're all on some seriously heavy dope.

he should be our #1 target if we trade down around 10th or less.

He's already got 3-4 DE experience. would be great pickup, but little bit of a reach at #3

Possible NTs?

Stephen Paea, Oregon St. (maybe only 1-gapper ?)

Marvin Austin, North Carolina

Blaine Sumner, Co School of Mines

Sumner:

The girthy nose tackle pumped out 52-reps on the bench at the Air Force pro day, breaking the all time Combine record of 49 which was just recently set by Oregon State's Stephen Paea.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_big_board_rankings.html&position=dt&startrow=25

Cam Jordan won't be there at 10.

I don't understand the reluctance in taking him at #3.

4 year starter, Team captain, NFL bloodlines, dominating PAc10 Luck, Foles, Locker, Barkley have all been force ably introduced to him. He interviews a million times better than Fairely, Dareus, or Miller. He can be the Top5 face of the franchise type of player.

Just because Kiper and McShay don't mock him there doesn't mean he is not the guy.

Edited by Why So Serious?

In the end....Von Miller is NOT a bad pick

- Productive pretty much his whole college career

- Fills a need

- So what if he isn't a stout run stopper....his freakish speed will allow him to make plays

- Instant improves pass rush

- Can actually run with a tight end...which is a huge weakness for us

- MAKES PLAYS

This kid is not maybin....and I dont think he is even done growing......Maybin was drafted based on potential....Miller would be drafted based on his production. He DOMINATED at the senior bowl....flat out dominated

He won't be there at 10.

4 year starter, Team captain, NFL bloodlines, dominating PAc10 Luck, Foles, Locker, Barkley have all been force ably introduced to him. He interviews a million times better than Fairely, Dareus, or Miller. He can be the Top5 face of the franchise type of player.

Just because Kiper and McShay don't mock him there doesn't mean he is not the guy.

you might be right, and I wouldnt lose 1 min of sleep over him at #3 either. just seems a BIT of a reach.

If these "experts" were asked to predict who the Patriots and Steelers would pick if given the choice between Robert Quinn and Von Miller, I guarantee you they'd both predict Quinn would be the pick.

It's almost as if they're begging the Bills to pick another bust.

just for kicks, here's vid of Blaine Sumner w/ his 905 lb. Squat:

a beast, but reports sayn he's not so great on field.

Pick him up as UDFA or w/ our last 7th rnd pick. if he ever did get ahold of brady, he'd throw him out of Gillette!

wait- that means a chance of having 2 Blaines on the Bills ??

Edited by dgrid

If these "experts" were asked to predict who the Patriots and Steelers would pick if given the choice between Robert Quinn and Von Miller, I guarantee you they'd both predict Quinn would be the pick.

It's almost as if they're begging the Bills to pick another bust.

Once again I ask.....what about Miller screams bust? Because he isn't stout against the run?

And Quinn would not be a bad pick either.....I dont understand why some have to bash one to like the other

Once again I ask.....what about Miller screams bust? Because he isn't stout against the run?

And Quinn would not be a bad pick either.....I dont understand why some have to bash one to like the other

I'm sorry, but the stuff I've seen on youtube has scared the livin' crap out of me in regards to Miller. He looks and plays small even among the college players.

I foresee a guy who will make a few plays based on his speed, but will never become a sack artist and will more often than not get caught up in the wash on running plays. A hot and cold kind of a guy.

If I had to put a bust percentage on Von Miller taken as the 3rd overall player in the draft, then I would say 70%. If the Bills were picking him as a player in the 10-20 range then that bust factor would go down to 40%, because I do think he'll become a decent OLB.

BTW, who do you think the Steelers and Patriots would take if given that choice?

Cam Jordan won't be there at 10.

I think he'll be there at 10. But if that's who they like and they want to trade back and get him and he's gone, JJ Watt is a nice consolation prize. Especially for the 2nd rounder plus change they would pick up.

I'm sorry, but the stuff I've seen on youtube has scared the livin' crap out of me in regards to Miller. He looks and plays small even among the college players.

I foresee a guy who will make a few plays based on his speed, but will never become a sack artist and will more often than not get caught up in the wash on running plays. A hot and cold kind of a guy.

If I had to put a bust percentage on Von Miller taken as the 3rd overall player in the draft, then I would say 70%. If the Bills were picking him as a player in the 10-20 range then that bust factor would go down to 40%, because I do think he'll become a decent OLB.

BTW, who do you think the Steelers and Patriots would take if given that choice?

Sorry #1, but this makes no sense. Where a player is selected has no bearing on his "bust" factor. You may feel better about a bust if he is picked later but if a player is going to bust he is going to bust. Regardless.

GO BILLS!!!