I'm Hoping For Change

Nope. The Republicans are lining up to screw the pooch with a Palin nomination, leaving the Independents no one to vote for.

I dont think so, I am sensing that there isn't the fervor we saw in 2010 and the country is beginning to shift a little bit more back to the middle, which bodes well for a Mitt Romney if he can get past the primaries.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am like, old-fashioned stuckincincy sometimes. I like calling dropping bombs and arming rebels "war."

I know that sort of thinking has been out of vogue since Vietnam.

It's not that I don't see your point, I just have a different perspective. War involves actual goals and strategy and a plan to achieve them. Aimlessly blowing **** up isn't war, it's vandalism. At best.

Hell, the French forces apparently can't even identify targets now. They're apparently in a cycle of "Is that a target? Should we kill it? Maybe...I don't know...does anyone know? Anyone?" Basically, they literally don't know what they're doing.

That ain't war. That doesn't even achieve the coherence of a Japanese kids' cartoon, much less "war".

I dont think so, I am sensing that there isn't the fervor we saw in 2010 and the country is beginning to shift a little bit more back to the middle, which bodes well for a Mitt Romney if he can get past the primaries.

You hope. I still have a copy of the bet that you and Big Cat made, in case you'd forgotten... :D

Oh, please. There is no way Palin gets the nomination because the media is too stupid to realize that leaving her to her own and letting her run unnoticed is THE BEST WAY to get her on the ticket. But they can't do that. They have to keep telling everyone what a dumb twat cnut she is, and after a while, it sticks. She'll never make it to the ticket.

I don't think people need to be told over and over that she's a dumb C U Next Tuesday. She's taken care of that herself.

I hope you're right. If Palin runs as a Republican or third party, it will Perot-up the election and guarantee Obama a win. Faced with a choice of Palin or Obama, I would vote neither like a lot of people.

Gingrich, Romney...maybe I could vote for. I would have to see how the election process vets them. Some Republican-haired moderate like Romney is a more likely candidate for sure.

Faced with a choice of Palin or Obama, I would vote neither like a lot of people.

And get Obama.

Only two inevitable things makes or breaks Obama in 2012: the state of the economy and unemployment come election day.

I'm not smart enough to know what the magic numbers are, but I'd be willing to bet, if we're in the high eights in unemployment and the $4.75 range for gas, he's done regardless of who runs because he'd be seen as part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Yeah, but that's not America doing it. It's France. And NATO. We're basically waterboys. The guy who runs out on the field to retrieve the kicking tee. We're Igor to their Dr. Frankenstein. Edith to their Archie. Ferb to their Phineas.

Just a fly in the ointment, Hans.

ehh i'm inclined to disagree. It's the U.S. tanker (kc 10- kc135) assets flying orbits around the Med gasing up the strike fighters patroling the no fly zone. some of the fighters (like the F-15e) that crashed in libya are American, some are french/nato.

In addition i'm sure the navy is devoting some of their resources into the operation. The U.S. also has very specialized assets that would be used in this type of operation, ac-130's, ec-130's as well as various smaller aircraft like U-28, ea6b, predators, global hawks and logistical support etc..

Thats all in addition to the CIA and spec ops already "boots on the ground" in libya with the rebels.

don't let Obama fool you. ;)

And get Obama.

Only two inevitable things makes or breaks Obama in 2012: the state of the economy and unemployment come election day.

I'm not smart enough to know what the magic numbers are, but I'd be willing to bet, if we're in the high eights in unemployment and the $4.75 range for gas, he's done regardless of who runs because he'd be seen as part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Don't bet on it; people are morons and easily duped. Regardless of what state unemployment and the economy are in, you can be sure the gov't will continue to lie about the true unemployment numbers and the media will be pumping out the 'things are getting so much better" stories at a furious pace.

Plus, he could surrender the country to the Chinese and still get 98% of the black vote, so I think it'll come down to voter turnout.

Of course, if the economy is on a true upswing, he's going to win easily.

Don't bet on it; people are morons and easily duped. Regardless of what state unemployment and the economy are in, you can be sure the gov't will continue to lie about the true unemployment numbers and the media will be pumping out the 'things are getting so much better" stories at a furious pace.

Plus, he could surrender the country to the Chinese and still get 98% of the black vote, so I think it'll come down to voter turnout.

Of course, if the economy is on a true upswing, he's going to win easily.

I agree with you completely, I dont care how bad the economy is Obama's base is so strong that he would take out Palin or Gingrich.

If John Thune could win the nomination I honestly believe he'd be the strongest candidate out of them all...

Palin, Bachman or Gingrich lose. No doubt about it

Pawlenty, Romney, Daniels stand anywhere from an ok to decent chance at winning.

Thune or Chris Christie wins hands down.

I agree with you completely, I dont care how bad the economy is Obama's base is so strong that he would take out Palin or Gingrich.

If John Thune could win the nomination I honestly believe he'd be the strongest candidate out of them all...

Pawlenty, Romney, Daniels stand anywhere from an ok to decent chance at winning.

Thune is a nobody who's arguably done little more than Obama had done and will have little appeal to the coasts besides that he's good-looking (not to be underestimated). Christie has little appeal to anyone outside the northeast.

Personally, I like Christie and would love for him to run but I doubt he will. Can you imagine him in a debate with Obama? He'd send Barack home in tears. Thune is not appealing. He's way too Evangelically Christian and has a bunch of votes on big issues that I do not agree with. He's Romney lite.

Laying out the Republican slate like that is disheartening. Maybe they really won't win in 2012.

Edited by Peace

My guess is Chrisite waits till 2016 when Barry is finished !@#$ up the country and people are finally ready for a grown up again.

Thune is a nobody who's arguably done little more than Obama had done and will have little appeal to the coasts besides that he's good-looking (not to be underestimated). Christie has little appeal to anyone outside the northeast.

Personally, I like Christie and would love for him to run but I doubt he will. Can you imagine him in a debate with Obama? He'd send Barack home in tears. Thune is not appealing. He's way too Evangelically Christian and has a bunch of votes on big issues that I do not agree with. He's Romney lite.

Laying out the Republican slate like that is disheartening. Maybe they really won't win in 2012.

I disagree with your view of Thune. The guy speaks really well, doesn't push his "christian values" upon anyone, isn't a divisive person whatsoever and is very charismatic in a personal get to know ya sort of way.. Lets not forget who took out Daschle up there in the Dakota's. The only downfall that I see of him is that he did vote for TARP, and that is a strike against him, but he is a very appealing candidate and if he decides to run, I am certain that he will be in the hunt for the nomination. He's the sort of person that once the public begins to get to know him, they'll like him.

And I also disagree with your view of Christie only being popular in the NorthEast. I'm pretty sure that he's liked by just about everyone from the conservative corner. He'd be the strongest candidate of them all..

Of course, Once Marco Rubio decides to run, which won't be this election, he'll top them all.

My guess is Chrisite waits till 2016 when Barry is finished !@#$ up the country and people are finally ready for a grown up again.

It's going to take him that long to get him slimmed down enough to fit into a size 54 suit.

I disagree with your view of Thune. The guy speaks really well, doesn't push his "christian values" upon anyone, isn't a divisive person whatsoever and is very charismatic in a personal get to know ya sort of way.. Lets not forget who took out Daschle up there in the Dakota's. The only downfall that I see of him is that he did vote for TARP, and that is a strike against him, but he is a very appealing candidate and if he decides to run, I am certain that he will be in the hunt for the nomination. He's the sort of person that once the public begins to get to know him, they'll like him.

Thune is pretty damn outspoken about Christ guiding his political decision-making. I have instant distrust over people who talk like that.

Thune is pretty damn outspoken about Christ guiding his political decision-making. I have instant distrust over people who talk like that.

Yes, but think of the fun we would have having Frenkle go nuts every day.

I've listened to probably at least 50 interviews of him speaking and not ONCE did I ever hear him say anything that showed a will on his part to impose any sort of Christian values upon anyone. Sorry, you got it wrong here.

For all you people who are not familiar with Thune, disregard what Peace said, because that is not the case. :D

If anything, Gingrich has imposed his Christian values much much more so than Thune.

Edited by Magox

I'm not sure if Christie is the guy or not. What I am sure of is that we can't tolerate the damage Mr Wonderful will do with another 4 years. I just hope someone that can win steps up.

I'm not sure if Christie is the guy or not. What I am sure of is that we can't tolerate the damage Mr Wonderful will do with another 4 years. I just hope someone that can win steps up.

I don't know if he's the guy to lead the country, but he's definitely the guy to beat Obama. Peace is right in that a debate between Christie and Obama would require Obama to wear a diaper. When it comes to communicating, they're complete opposites of each other.

It's taken Obama less than three years in office for a majority of people to realize how useless his words are. He has the backbone of a jellyfish, the grit of a dust rag and the leadership skills of a stapler.

Case in point: "If you guys don't fix this budget issue, I'm going to make you meet with me again tomorrow. Except that tomorrow I'm off to a re-election fundraisder in Philly, but other than that, you'll be in big trouble."

Useless. Completely useless.

Christie has publicly said that while he feels he could win the presidential election, he doesn't feel that he has enough (executive) experience to be president and therefore, he's not running in '12.

Edited by UConn James

-- Gitmo still open for business. CHECK!

-- KSM & pals facing military tribunals instead of civilian trials. CHECK!

-- BP gearing up to resume drilling in the Gulf. CHECK!

-- Patriot Act renewed. CHECK!

-- Zero progress on long term energy policy. CHECK!

-- Deficit bigger than ever. CHECK!

Woah!! I'm not sure how much more change I can handle!

Aside for the last two, what would you want different?