I'm Hoping For Change

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Gitmo still open for business. CHECK!

-- KSM & pals facing military tribunals instead of civilian trials. CHECK!

-- BP gearing up to resume drilling in the Gulf. CHECK!

-- Patriot Act renewed. CHECK!

-- Zero progress on long term energy policy. CHECK!

-- Deficit bigger than ever. CHECK!

Woah!! I'm not sure how much more change I can handle!

Obamacare

Government Motors

Czar System

Biden

He had beers with Gates and Crowley on the White House lawn. So that's something...

And then there's the whole "ass-!@#$ the GM bondholders" thing. I guess that's change, of a sort.

He had beers with Gates and Crowley on the White House lawn. So that's something...

And then there's the whole "ass-!@#$ the GM bondholders" thing. I guess that's change, of a sort.

They got better than if the government had let the whole thing flush down the toilet

link

They got better than if the government had let the whole thing flush down the toilet

link

Not buying it, I didn't even need to read the link because I'm sure I know more about it than the person who wrote the article. Steve Rattner would like to have us all believe that whatever you probably just linked would of happened. The reality is that it would of went to the Bankruptcy courts, in which ours is regarded by most to be the best and most fair in the world, and the Bondholders would of gotten the best deal out of it, in which they should because they are well.... The bondholders. That's how the system is set up, bondholders are the lifeline of expansion, but at the time the W.H bullied and stiff-armed these evil bondholders, the president still had plenty of political capital and they caved.

Add a few new nation-buildings: CHECK!

Get sucked into a few more unwinnable wars. CHECK!

Tip my hat to the new Constitution.

This should be the theme song for the independant voters.

Edited by Gary M

Of course, how could I forget "Bomb Arab countries that have demonstrated no threat to the US -- CHECK!".

I guess this is all part of the 'dialogue with our adversaries' strategy that we heard so much about in 2008.

Of course, how could I forget "Bomb Arab countries that have demonstrated no threat to the US -- CHECK!".

I guess this is all part of the 'dialogue with our adversaries' strategy that we heard so much about in 2008.

No, but certainly worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.

the only thing i can hope for is that because of the utter failure of the Republicans to run McCain last time, they will learn from their mistakes and run someone who the conservatives will want to support. The "Obama effect" should galvanize -the conservatives into not letting him win another 4 years as long as they don't run some weak democrat-lite candidate (a la mccain.)

if 4 years of Obama is what it takes to re-energize conservatives at least maybe it can be used for some good.

the only thing i can hope for is that because of the utter failure of the Republicans to run McCain last time, they will learn from their mistakes and run someone who the conservatives will want to support. The "Obama effect" should galvanize -the conservatives into not letting him win another 4 years as long as they don't run some weak democrat-lite candidate (a la mccain.)

if 4 years of Obama is what it takes to re-energize conservatives at least maybe it can be used for some good.

Nope. The Republicans are lining up to screw the pooch with a Palin nomination, leaving the Independents no one to vote for.

Nope. The Republicans are lining up to screw the pooch with a Palin nomination, leaving the Independents no one to vote for.

Oh, please. There is no way Palin gets the nomination because the media is too stupid to realize that leaving her to her own and letting her run unnoticed is THE BEST WAY to get her on the ticket. But they can't do that. They have to keep telling everyone what a dumb twat cnut she is, and after a while, it sticks. She'll never make it to the ticket.

And by the way, the independents can vote for Obama now. You must not be paying attention because he's the most centrist guy out there. Of course, he has the leadership skills of a mop, but from Gitmo to military tribunals to bombing Libya and giving thousands of waivers to his millions of people to get out of Obamacare, he's pretty damn middle-of-the-road these days.

2012. Yes we can, cuz the bands getting back together!

In Obama's defense, the Libyan thing, while unwinnable, is at least easily exitable, given that we as a nation have no responsibility or goals there, only actions.

Hell, calling it a "war" is probably an exaggeration. It's more like a "field trip".

In Obama's defense, the Libyan thing, while unwinnable, is at least easily exitable, given that we as a nation have no responsibility or goals there, only actions.

Hell, calling it a "war" is probably an exaggeration. It's more like a "field trip".

I am like, old-fashioned stuckincincy sometimes. I like calling dropping bombs and arming rebels "war."

I know that sort of thinking has been out of vogue since Vietnam.

I am like, old-fashioned stuckincincy sometimes. I like calling dropping bombs and arming rebels "war."

I know that sort of thinking has been out of vogue since Vietnam.

Yeah, but that's not America doing it. It's France. And NATO. We're basically waterboys. The guy who runs out on the field to retrieve the kicking tee. We're Igor to their Dr. Frankenstein. Edith to their Archie. Ferb to their Phineas.

Just a fly in the ointment, Hans.