I'm Hoping For Change

I've listened to probably at least 50 interviews of him speaking and not ONCE did I ever hear him say anything that showed a will on his part to impose any sort of Christian values upon anyone. Sorry, you got it wrong here.

For all you people who are not familiar with Thune, disregard what Peace said, because that is not the case. :D

If anything, Gingrich has imposed his Christian values much much more so than Thune.

Thune:

David Brody: How does your evangelical faith inform your politics?

Sen. Thune: It’s foundational. You basically, over the course of your lifetime, your faith experience, your faith tradition, your family, you develop a worldview. I have a Christian worldview, so it shapes the way that I view issues. I don’t apologize for that, and I don’t think that people of faith ought to shrink away from being in the public arena.

Having a Christian worldview shapes my decision-making with respect to all aspects of my life. I always respect people in public life who are principled, and those principles have to be connected to something. And my faith is what serves as the anchor and directs my actions.

Social Security, tax-reform, and the war on terror are very important to me. But we cannot overlook the voice of the people in this last election when it comes to issues like the sanctity of life and defending traditional marriage. Those issues need to be a part of this agenda. It was certainly clear from last fall's election that those issues were important to the people in this country.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside for the last two, what would you want different?

Oh, that wasn't my point; I'm just highlighting that we have an empty suit for President and most of the people that supported him in '08 were idiots.

Christie has publicly said that while he feels he could win the presidential election, he doesn't feel that he has enough (executive) experience to be president and therefore, he's not running in '12.

Imagine that, responsible thinking. Didn't seem to stop Obama. But look where we are. Problem is we just can't wait any longer.

Oh, that wasn't my point; I'm just highlighting that we have an empty suit for President and most of the people that supported him in '08 were idiots.

As opposed to Bush. HAHAHAHA!!! Talk about the ultimate empty suit!!!

Imagine that, responsible thinking. Didn't seem to stop Obama. But look where we are. Problem is we just can't wait any longer.

Come on you have Newt, Bachman, Romney all GREAT candidates!! Still laughing!!

Both are empty suits. I guess now you feel better? The other guy was bad too.

I regret opening your ignored post but it proves I haven't been missing anything.

Both are empty suits. I guess now you feel better? The other guy was bad too.

I regret opening your ignored post but it proves I haven't been missing anything.

No, actually I don't we actually gave Bush way to much time!! Yeah and your posts are SOOO enlightening. "I am a Republican, Liberals are dumb, Obama sucks" same ol' garbage. Probably have Limbaugh or Beck tattooed on your ass.

Neither PRESIDENT Obama, nor PRESIDENT Bush are empty suits and unfortunately not too many people still respect the office, itself.

President Obama is dealing with a more partisan country than even President Bush did. He is dealing with a number of wars and a terrible economy, while the other party in our failed political system wants to play political games. It is very hard to win at anything. Take Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Instead of just trying to repeal it or improve it, they play partisan games and label it Obamacare. It isn't Obamacare- it is what Congress sent to his desk.

President Bush helped to fix a broken intelligence system, in which everyone kept what they had instead of used information to protect the country. He also pushed to revamp medicare to help pay for prescription drugs. Although he was ripped by the right and left on medicare, many switched to the new plan AND it brought prices down. He also pushed for immigration reform, but it was blocked when the left looked to avenge his attempt to fix social security.

Neither are all good or all bad. They are a heck of a lot better than the lemmings out there though.

Thune:

So how did you want him to respond to that question?

How does your evangelical faith inform your politics?

Did you want him to evade the question? What I said was that he doesnt impose his views upon everyone. He's not what you think he is.

Come on you have Newt, Bachman, Romney all GREAT candidates!! Still laughing!!

Umm yeah.. ROmney would make a much better president than the one who is in there now.

No, actually I don't we actually gave Bush way to much time!! Yeah and your posts are SOOO enlightening. "I am a Republican, Liberals are dumb, Obama sucks" same ol' garbage. Probably have Limbaugh or Beck tattooed on your ass.

You do know that we laugh at you right?

kinda like this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

President Obama is dealing with a more partisan country than even President Bush did. He is dealing with a number of wars and a terrible economy, while the other party in our failed political system wants to play political games. It is very hard to win at anything. Take Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Instead of just trying to repeal it or improve it, they play partisan games and label it Obamacare. It isn't Obamacare- it is what Congress sent to his desk.

You don't spend an entire year wheeling and dealing and shoving a massive entitlement up the ass of the American people straight down party lines -- an entitlement that, to this day, has almost 60% of Americans favoring its repeal -- without polarizing the country. You think Obama is dealering with a more partisan country than Bush, but I think you'll find most people believe our country is more partisan BECAUSE of Obama.

And for the record, if the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is SO AMAZING, why in the hell are all progressives insisting that calling it Obamacare is derisive? Wouldn't you be PROUD to have your president's name on such an amazing piece of legislation? Of course you would unless, of course, y'know, it wasn't such an amazing accomplishment.

Seriously. The law sucks. They know it. Want proof? Watch the 2012 election and let us know who mentions this amazing law more often? The people who passed it or the people trying to repeal it.

Edited by LABillzFan

You don't spend an entire year wheeling and dealing and shoving a massive entitlement up the ass of the American people straight down party lines -- an entitlement that, to this day, has almost 60% of Americans favoring its repeal -- without polarizing the country. You think Obama is dealering with a more partisan country than Bush, but I think you'll find most people believe our country is more partisan BECAUSE of Obama.

And for the record, if the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is SO AMAZING, why in the hell are all progressives insisting that calling it Obamacare is derisive? Wouldn't you be PROUD to have your president's name on such an amazing piece of legislation? Of course you would unless, of course, y'know, it wasn't such an amazing accomplishment.

Seriously. The law sucks. They know it. Want proof? Watch the 2012 election and let us know who mentions this amazing law more often? The people who passed it or the people trying to repeal it.

It's such a great piece of legislation that the people who created and voted for obamacare are making sure they are exempt from having to be a part of it.

It's such a great piece of legislation that the people who created and voted for obamacare are making sure they are exempt from having to be a part of it.

It is a terrible piece of legislation. But I don't want the country to be run by a bunch of 8 years old that talk like idiots. The first thing needed to be done is to pass a bill mandating that people can get their insurance from wherever they want in the country.

That won't happen, because of all of the special interst money and the fact that this country no longer has a will to get things done. The two parties have both failed us and the people registered to those parties are more of a failure than the politicians, because they both want everything handed to them, regardless of what they say.

Gutless, spineless jellyfish

It is a terrible piece of legislation. But I don't want the country to be run by a bunch of 8 years old that talk like idiots. The first thing needed to be done is to pass a bill mandating that people can get their insurance from wherever they want in the country.

That won't happen, because of all of the special interst money and the fact that this country no longer has a will to get things done. The two parties have both failed us and the people registered to those parties are more of a failure than the politicians, because they both want everything handed to them, regardless of what they say.

Gutless, spineless jellyfish

So give use a alternative. A real alternative, not a protest vote.

So give use a alternative. A real alternative, not a protest vote.

You aren't going to be given alternative. The American people have to make their own alternative. The government is there to serve the people, not be served by them.

You aren't going to be given alternative. The American people have to make their own alternative. The government is there to serve the people, not be served by them.

Short of armed revolution that is going to have to be through reform of the existing party's, as the tea party did a fair job at with the GOP. A independent candidate never going to be elected, they just bleed votes from whatever Major party they are closest to.

Or, you know, we could just have government (and employers) get the !@#$ out of the process entirely and let people handle their own health care needs and health insurance decisions like we do for life, auto and homeowners/renters insurance. If the government wants to provide some safety net for those in poverty, they can build and run free clinics in poor areas (for about 1/10th the cost of the current boondoggle) and staff said clinics with med students in exchange for forgiveness of student loans.

That would certain be news to a lot of the idiots that post here.

The part about that I find funny is that a huge base of support for the Tea Party / Republicans in their fight to repeal is from the Senior Citizens they lied to. Death Panels and all of that crap. NOW, Republicans love the Paul Ryan proposal which completely F's over Senior Citizens. Granted things need to be changed with Medicare and Social Security but the cuts that they are proposing are ridiculous. Especially when the average senior citizens pulls in roughly 19K per year. For women much less. Senior Citizens were simply duped by Republicans.

What SHOULD be done is what I have been saying all along... make amendments. Learn a new word Republicans and Tea Party people... a word called compromise. If you want democrats and their supporters to make cuts on social programs you need to raise taxes on corporations and the wealthiest few percent. According to what I heard 56% of Republicans would rather things be cut, government shut down, etc instead of acting like adults and compromising.

The part about that I find funny is that a huge base of support for the Tea Party / Republicans in their fight to repeal is from the Senior Citizens they lied to. Death Panels and all of that crap. NOW, Republicans love the Paul Ryan proposal which completely F's over Senior Citizens. Granted things need to be changed with Medicare and Social Security but the cuts that they are proposing are ridiculous. Especially when the average senior citizens pulls in roughly 19K per year. For women much less. Senior Citizens were simply duped by Republicans.

What SHOULD be done is what I have been saying all along... make amendments. Learn a new word Republicans and Tea Party people... a word called compromise. If you want democrats and their supporters to make cuts on social programs you need to raise taxes on corporations and the wealthiest few percent. According to what I heard 56% of Republicans would rather things be cut, government shut down, etc instead of acting like adults and compromising.

yes on that topic "compromise" is right in the democrats wheel house :rolleyes:

I applaud the newly elected tea party reps. They campaigned on a platform of fiscal responsibility, were elected on said platform and now they are trying to uphold their campaign promises. That is the type of integrity we need to save this country.

yes on that topic "compromise" is right in the democrats wheel house :rolleyes:

I applaud the newly elected tea party reps. They campaigned on a platform of fiscal responsibility, were elected on said platform and now they are trying to uphold their campaign promises. That is the type of integrity we need to save this country.

I think the newly elected tea party reps are insane. Yes, would like sweeping reform and change but you still have to do responsibly. They aren't. If they were guess what, they would also cut into that trillion dollar area called defense spending. Nope. They would also raise taxes on corporations and the wealthiest few percent, they'll never do that. They are hypocrites.

Integrity - adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty. Sorry just buying into their "ethical principles" especially when they only affect one group of people. Not everyone has to make sacrifices under their system.