Brian Billick's thoughts on Bills Draft

Realist

ya.. Billick is such a genius....

At this time of year everyone is looking for attention with their own thoughts and analysis and they all want their own spin on things.

The only way to tell if taking a QB at #3 was worth it is if in 5 years when you look back the guy is either in the UFL or pro bowl.

on the flip side (playing devils advocate) it's just a big of crap shoot for defense. look at the Bills would you rather have highly touted 1st round Maybin or an afterthought pick of kyle williams?

there are always players taken early and late that succeed and fail.

He also said this......

>>>>>Offensively, it won't matter what they do at quarterback if they don’t rebuild the offensive line and add to the excellent selection of offensive guard Eric Wood, whom they got in the first round in 2009.<<<<<

Umm, that's correct. Unless you mean the selection is not excellent.

Umm, that's correct. Unless you mean the selection is not excellent.

Wood was a very good pick. It's too bad he was seriously injured. My point is, and always has been that they have to make a major move at improving the OL in order to be a good football team.

Wood was a very good pick. It's too bad he was seriously injured. My point is, and always has been that they have to make a major move at improving the OL in order to be a good football team.

they have to improve both lines

ya.. Billick is such a genius....

At this time of year everyone is looking for attention with their own thoughts and analysis and they all want their own spin on things.

The only way to tell if taking a QB at #3 was worth it is if in 5 years when you look back the guy is either in the UFL or pro bowl.

on the flip side (playing devils advocate) it's just a big of crap shoot for defense. look at the Bills would you rather have highly touted 1st round Maybin or an afterthought pick of kyle williams?

there are always players taken early and late that succeed and fail.

Billick may not be a genius but he is logical. Last i looked the bills running d was 32nd in the league. This is obviously the biggest need of the Bills. i can't see any justification taking anyone other than a player who has the potential to make an immediate impact on the running d. Unless Newton or Gabbert are willing to play on defense I think we should stay as far away from them as possible in the first round.

Billick may not be a genius but he is logical. Last i looked the bills running d was 32nd in the league. This is obviously the biggest need of the Bills. i can't see any justification taking anyone other than a player who has the potential to make an immediate impact on the running d. Unless Newton or Gabbert are willing to play on defense I think we should stay as far away from them as possible in the first round.

for the last time....NONE OF THOSE DL ARE GOING TO DOMINATE....

Also, our defnse was in transition for most of the years....switching between a 3-4 and 4-3 ...because of injuries and replacing talent...

We have alot of solid pieces that need to be put in the right system it takes time....

3 pick... doesnt need to be a defensive player in a deep defensive draft... we have an early 2nd, a solid 3rd and two in the 4th....

Also, our defnse was in transition for most of the years....switching between a 3-4 and 4-3 ...because of injuries and replacing talent...

We have alot of solid pieces that need to be put in the right system it takes time....

3 pick... doesnt need to be a defensive player in a deep defensive draft... we have an early 2nd, a solid 3rd and two in the 4th....

I'm with you when you say we can go defense in Rd 2-3-4, but to say that none of the DLs in this ears draft are going to dominate, is pure speculation from one fans perspective, yours. Im not a Big fan of any of the DLs either at the number 3 pick. If we were drafting fairly or Dareus with the 11th pick, I'd be VeRY happy, but i think the 3rd is a bit high. In last years draft, they'd be picked around 10-15 IMO. To that point, we agree, but I think it's pretty ignorant to say that they WON'T be dominant players. For your sake, I hope it is the last time you say it.

Yes because Billick obviously knows the value of a great QB. :rolleyes:

I think Billick knows the value of building a competitive team through the trenches. Solid defensive front seven and a stout offensive line. Also, as we all will see come draft time (IMO), there is not a QB in this draft worth the 3rd overall pick.

Remember....Ol' Billick has a Super Bowl ring :thumbsup:

I love it when posters who don't agree with someone's negative opinion on the Bills simply resort to attacking the person and not the opinion.

Of course, it's fun when someone associated with the NFL says something so ridiculously wrong about the Bills that a poster chimes in and says because posters aren't NFL'ers that we're automatically wrong. Which one applies here?

Look I am def in the "trade down" camp but to say that neither Darius or Fairley is going to dominate is ridiculous speculation.....both of these guys are going to end up being very good pros.

I simply do not understand the need for fans to bash one player to try to make their arguement for another....THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS IN THIS DRAFT

Darius, Fairley, Miller, Quinn, Green, J. Jones, Newton, Gabbart, etc etc etc......There is no reason to think that ALL of these guys are going to have long productive careers in the NFL

If the Bills deem that they need to take a QB to groom now.....im with it

If the Bills deem that they need to take a DL and go QB in the second....im with it

If the Bills decide to trade down a few spots....pick up a 2nd rounder....then get a defensive stud, then a QB, then another defensive stud.......IM JUMPING FOR JOY