I HATE BASEBALL

Big Buffalo

I will watch at least a portion of probably 100 baseball games before the Series.

98% of the rest of standard cable is reruns or unwatchable, and I cannot afford the upgraded packages..

I have tickets to one game in the Bronx too. THAT is my annual pilgrimage. :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am going on May 1st...my first game ever at Yankee Stadium

I will watch at least a portion of probably 100 baseball games before the Series.

98% of the rest of standard cable is reruns or unwatchable, and I cannot afford the upgraded packages..

I have tickets to one game in the Bronx too. THAT is my annual pilgrimage. :D

i'd only previously been to old Tigers stadium (for MLB) so to me this park was like disneyland for baseball fans. took my teenaged nephew and we were contemplating doing the pitching and batting cages inside the stadium but i guess we kinda forgot about them and never did...the rain delays were a good time to do it. maybe next time. the atmosphere was great and very friendly...just wish we got to see more play but would definetly go back. that diving, one hand catch you saw would be worth the price of admission by itself.

AT&T park is nice. Right on the bay. When we first moved to SF we lived about 3 blocks away and I'd drive by it everyday to and from work. We have recently moved but we're still walking distance to the park but I don't get stuck in the game day traffic anymore which is nice. Went to only one game last year and it was in August and freezing. Yup, summers in SF really suck. The hot chocolate sales were outpacing the beer sales that evening I think. :lol:

AT&T park is nice. Right on the bay. When we first moved to SF we lived about 3 blocks away and I'd drive by it everyday to and from work. We have recently moved but we're still walking distance to the park but I don't get stuck in the game day traffic anymore which is nice. Went to only one game last year and it was in August and freezing. Yup, summers in SF really suck. The hot chocolate sales were outpacing the beer sales that evening I think. :lol:

it was cold friday night in SD...but i still drank beer! met a Canadian while there who said he was going home to get warm.

I went to a game at AT&T Park last May when i was out there on business. Pretty cool place. Nice touch to keep the outfield gates open during batting practice so people strolling by can watch BP for free.

Now that i have a son who likes baseball I'm more into it (after a 20 year hiatus!). We go to a few games a year at Nationals Park in DC or at Camden Yards.

I went to a game at AT&T Park last May when i was out there on business. Pretty cool place. Nice touch to keep the outfield gates open during batting practice so people strolling by can watch BP for free.

Now that i have a son who likes baseball I'm more into it (after a 20 year hiatus!). We go to a few games a year at Nationals Park in DC or at Camden Yards.

No that outfield area is open during the game too. Even during the world series. Limit three innings then they reshuffle and let new people in. It's very cool.

Edited by Chef Jim

Anyone see that commercial where the fat guy tries to hit a pitch in front of Josh Hamilton? That pretty much sums up the skill required to hit a baseball or play the game for that matter. Baseball is a thinking mans game, that is why some might find it boring. The players aren't out there just chasing a ball or another player from the other team. There is strategy involved that MUST be executed properly to succeed.

i dont want to watch 18 guys scratching their nuts for 3 hours.

i have my own nuts to scratch.

baseball sucks unless you're there in person!

• 2 weeks later...

You fence? You drive racecars? I'm impressed.

He must drink Dos Equis.

Stay thirsty, my friends.

So baseball is boring, but you enjoy a bunch of grown men (who can't keep time) run around for a couple of hours and score 1 time every 3 games, while they flop and whine like giant crybabies if someone comes within 3 feet of them?

At least baseball requires skill. Soccer is for those too uncoordinated to use their hands in real sports.

Like those that watch NASCAR for the crash, I like soccer for the compound fracture.

Anyone in FIFA has big time skills. I would love to see a soccer hater try and hit a one timer 40 yard rocket with their left foot. Or place a ball directly on a running players foot 50 yards down the field in stride. Or take a pass over your head and bicycle kick it for a goal. Or bend it like Roberto Carlos. Or try and play midfield for a half. Anyone who thinks soccer players don't have skill is ignorant

I don't watch a lot of soccer, but I NEVER see the plays you claim exist. Soccer sucks ass.

I just do not find the little "games within games" all that interesting. Yeah, nice pitching battle...so what. Yeah, quick hitting play in the field...so what. There are games within games in ALL sports...football has more of them than does baseball and they are more entertaining...AND the entire game as a whole is entertaining. But that is why football is king. Thing is...basketball has more too. And guess what...wait...wait for it...so does soccer. All it is games within games...guys moving...guys putting the ball in space and being creative...baseball is just flat out boring. Even the games within games are boring. Baseball is the ultimate man-crush sport. It's hilarious to me. That said...I would love it if I could get into it and make my summer better.

Me thinks someone didn't make the cut in their formative years. Soccer the fallback?

Anyone in FIFA has big time skills. I would love to see a soccer hater try and hit a one timer 40 yard rocket with their left foot. Or place a ball directly on a running players foot 50 yards down the field in stride. Or take a pass over your head and bicycle kick it for a goal. Or bend it like Roberto Carlos. Or try and play midfield for a half. Anyone who thinks soccer players don't have skill is ignorant

Amen brother! NFL will always be #1 for me, but soccer is a very close 2nd. In terms of the world stage, nothing can come close to comparing to this sport.

As for baseball, I'm a diehard Braves fan and catch at least part of their games as often as possible. I'm a marginal fan of the rest of the teams until October, then I'll usually get pretty excited about the playoffs and series. And I agree with Clippers and others who feel baseball live is much better than TV. I love going to the stadium for a game...fantastic experience!

• 5 months later...

I've gotten into it more the last few years but can't really argue that it's kinda dumb.

Look at this Cardinals game today. They hit soft bloop after weak flair single after wimpy dribbler to load the bases and put themselves in a position to win. They finally get a guy to crush a ball and it's a double play. :lol: