How good are you at sports!!!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone need a Varsity jacket from the Field of Dreams store ?

161429[/snapback]

LMAO...............funny thing is, after posting to this thread, I went back and got my media guides I appeared in for baseball in college. Damn, I was in shape then, just nine years ago.

What the hell happened to me, I don't think I could make it to first base now. lol Hell, I think I've gained 10 pounds in the face alone!

Sheesh!

I haven't bothered to read through all of this, but I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few people here who have had great athletic runs in their days. Alas, I was not one of them. In fact, I can best describe my athletic ineptitude in the simple words I heard in every gym class that ever required teams to be picked.

Sometimes when I'm standing alone somewhere, I can still hear those words.

"Welllll...I guess we'll take LaVecchia."

I haven't bothered to read through all of this, but I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few people here who have had great athletic runs in their days. Alas, I was not one of them. In fact, I can best describe my athletic ineptitude in the simple words I heard in every gym class that ever required teams to be picked.

161480[/snapback]

You ever win by a nose?

I was the singles state champ in Utah for racquetball two years ago. B division, but what the hell.

Now that I have a juicy bulging disc in my lumbar spine, racquetball is quickly turning into a fading memory...

161480[/snapback]

:doh:

you make it sound like the other choice was gonorrhea

...the one sporting goal I have in life is to bowl a 200 game. I bowled a 183 in youth league play but never got to 200...still haven't.

It would take some beaucoups practice on my part, but it's something I would really like to accomplish. It amazes me how effortless the pros are with their technique and footwork on the lanes, plus their ability to consistently hit the pocket and string strikes. I'm all over the place on my first rolls (lot of Brooklyn balls especially), can't ever seem to dial in to the 1-3 pocket.

And the pros don't get rattled when they have corner spares (7 or 10) or baby splits (2-7 or 3-10). to pick up Seems more often than not, I chop a lot of 2-4-5 or 3-5-6 spares, or blasted 1-3-6 or 1-2-4 spares. Chops on the 4-7 and 6-10 also are frustrating.

200. That's my goal on the lanes.

4.2?

Not to be a prick but unless you run a low 10 second 100 you don't run a 4.2. In fact Deon Sanders set the record at the combine running a 4.29.  Anything in that range is world class speed, if you truly got it then congrats.

Most football/track coaches don't know how to take accurate 40 times, and unless its done electronically odds are the times are bogus.  Consider this, like I said Deon Sanders has the fastest 40 in combine history at 4.29. What does he run in the 100? 10.26. Sanders could have been a borderline Olympian. So if you are faster then prime time I recommend you start training for the Olympics.

161297[/snapback]

Assumption on your part. Though it was implied, he didn't actually say 4.2 seconds. I used to run a 3.9 minute 40 myself...

Hey...make fun of the nose. Just remember what they say about big noses. They're like big feet.

Simply tremendous.

161530[/snapback]

Yeah. Big kleenex. Big shoes.

You better have a big "ICE". Cuz with all the rest of your "attributes" you're sure to be one goofy looking MFer. :doh:

I'm good at everything and great at nothing. When I was in middle school, I played everything (except football and hockey..mother thought i'd come home concussed like many of my friends)...soccer, baseball, swimming, track, volleyball and basketball. Once I started high school, I cut everything out except for swimming and track (everyone in my family is fast...but my brother is ridiculous...when he was a sophmore in high school, he ran the 200m faster than marion jones did in the olympics)...

in college, i did nothing besides jogging and lifting weights...every once in a while, i'd join an intramural hockey or volleyball league with friends...i used to have great accuracy throwing as a former pitcher, but now my accuracy suffers...if i don't warm up first, i'll throw some wild balls

i'm thinking of taking brazilian jujitsu now after i finish my qualifying exam

That's awesome Guffalo!  That is exactly what I meant.  Like you said, it can get a little expensive but, considering that you are using a multi-million dollar facility for 8 hours... Weigh in all the other intangibles, it is a great way to spend the winter months with the family.

If I was a little closer to some bigger hills (500' +) I 'd think think about pursuing a career.  With my job, there is always a chance that it will go back to be seasonal, that would be great now that I am more financially stable.  Go figure?  I REALLY, REALLY, just wish I was a few hours closer to bigger hills.  Anyway, it is a great learning enviro here for my kids...

The ski-bar thingy is the greatest idea that they ever came up with for getting very young kids innvolved.  I have skiied my son all over resorts since he was three... Always felt comfortable getting him down any kind of slope!  It really gets them innvolved, sliding, riding the chair without fear, and makes them feel accomplished and confident... It takes all the negative learning out of it... I still remember wallowing with the old plate bindings (man the snow would jam up on those bastards!), runaway straps and what not!

With ski technology (shapes, ect...) kids/beginners got it easy today! :lol:

Skiing is such a wonderful skill.  BTW, I like the Yukon Cornelius avatar!

If you are ever in the area (WNY, NorthEast... What not, drop me a line/PM... My sister lives in Enosburg, VT... Outside Jay... I sometimes take some time off to be up there.).

I really, really need to get out of Illinois... :(

161414[/snapback]

I've been skiing since I was ten and learned from some of the best teachers in the world at Gray Rocks, Quebec on two separate week long lesson sessions. Unfortunately, what used to cost 12-16 dollars for a 4 hour pass here now costs 44 :doh: . I went from going like 30 times per year to @ 2 :)

I'm good at everything and great at nothing. When I was in middle school, I played everything (except football and hockey..mother thought i'd come home concussed like many of my friends)...soccer, baseball, swimming, track, volleyball and basketball. Once I started high school, I cut everything out except for swimming and track (everyone in my family is fast...but my brother is ridiculous...when he was a sophmore in high school, he ran the 200m faster than marion jones did in the olympics)...

in college, i did nothing besides jogging and lifting weights...every once in a while, i'd join an intramural hockey or volleyball league with friends...i used to have great accuracy throwing as a former pitcher, but now my accuracy suffers...if i don't warm up first, i'll throw some wild balls

i'm thinking of taking brazilian jujitsu now after i finish my qualifying exam

161550[/snapback]

Wow. Sounds like your brother is quite the athlete. My brother was a natural when it came to track. He high jumped (holds our HS record at 7' and his college record at Miami of Ohio at 7'3 1/2") but also did the triple jump, the 400 meter dash, and ran anchor for our school's 4x400 relay team.

Speaking of his triple jump, he took 2nd in the PA championships as a senior in that event. The guy who took first won the team title BY HIS SELF!!! He won the 100, 200, long jump, and triple jump titles and, by doing so, won the team title for his high school. He was the only member of his HS track team to even qualify for states that year! Those who have been in track may have heard of him: Leroy Burrell. He went on to hold the world record at 100 meters for a short while.