How good are you at sports!!!!!

Sorry nice try on your part.  I caught you, you SOB.  Payback MF.  :lol:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

162168[/snapback]

Stick to your story if you must. You can click on smilies all night if it helps you.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'll go back to the original topic of this thread. i am a division 3 college track runner up and Suny brockport. I have medaled at relays and hurdles the past couple years. Also i have competed in a decathlon last year. I am not the greatest at my level but i bust my arse to get better.

You are going to deny me the joy of actually catching you in a grammatical error?

162183[/snapback]

I still hold the honor of catching him mistyping a certain automobile model... :D:)

Then again, he denied that too... Deferring blame to what he cut and pasted... His kindergarten teacher has to be proud?

I guess some guys just don't get it?

:lol::lol:

I am 35 and in great shape. I bike 30+miles everyday, I bench 315, and I am 9% bodyfat. I play every sport. Every Sunday am I play flag football in the fall/winter. I am a very good QB and I catch everything thrown to me if I play WR. In Highschool I was a TE and a DE. Just like to add my HS-Daniel Hand-just won the states- they were the #1 football team in the state this year. I play basketball once or twice a week. I got game. I usually play the 3 spot. I get lots of rebounds, love to pass and I can shoot. I play softball in the summer. I hit over .700 this summer- most hits were extra bases. I never pop up- I only hit seeds and ropes. This is kind of funny. I have cubital tunnel/carpal tunnel very mild. Well if I try and try and throw hard my fingers dont open up and I drill the ball into the ground. Funny I can chuck a football 40+ yards but I cannot throw a softball anymore. I used to play left field, now I play 1st base or catcher. Usually though I am the DH. Thats the best-I hang out, drink beer then get up and bat. In the summer every Monday afternoon I play soccer. We play USA versus Ecuador. Its awesome. I suck at golf though! I try but I am a hacker. I like to play tennis and raquetball too- I am decent at both but not the best. I am a decent skiier. I love to ski moguls all day. In the summer we play alot of volleyball too. I have two friends who have volleyball set up in their backyard with lights. I am decent at volleyball too. I suck at swimming. I find running boring and can go about 2 miles at a decent pace. As far as mountain biking goes I love it but I have a hard time keeping up with my friends. They are great at very technical mountain biking-I could use some work. They say to be a great mountain biker you need to be able to balance on your bike and pick up a water bottle which is on the ground. I have tried hundreds of times with no success. I have another friend who has a unicyle. I have tried that at least 500 times and cannot do it. Of course usually I am pretty buzzed. I like to rockclimb too. I am so-so at that. I love to repel though. I can waterski and kneeboard too. I cant do a headstand though. I boxed for two years. I got my ass kicked many times sparring but I can hold my own. I am decent hitting a bag. Is that enough info? I can go on if you like.....

I play goalie in adult league hockey twice a week. After playing some as a teen, I picked it up again at 28. I'm now 46. The league I play in has a mix of 40-, 30-, and 20-somethings. In the summer, we get some players from Div.III college teams. I take it very seriously, and work hard to play well. My teams have won the league title 7 times in the last 27 seasons. (they play 3 per year)

I sometimes wonder if I had taken up goaltending seriously at an earlier age, I may have been good enough to play in college, maybe even in a low minor league. These days, I am really fighting my age. My knees are killing me from the constant up-and-down. (I play a butterfly style) I also go through some deep slumps when I can't stop a beach ball. I probably only have another year at this level, before I go into a senior (40+) league. But even then, with the stress on my knees, I may have to give the game up.

PTR

I've been relegated to coach and part time C/OF on our Mens softball team. Just don't have the same desire to play that sport as I once did. However, at 42, I can still zip a football around. I love playing in our flag football leagues, and weekend pick-up games. Nothing better than to hear young guys on defense say that they'll sack me everytime. Many touchdowns later, all the young guys are yelling at each other and shaking their heads saying "how are we losing to these old guys!".

i think i'll go back to the original topic of this thread. i am a division 3 college track runner up and Suny brockport. I have medaled at relays and hurdles the past couple years. Also i have competed in a decathlon last year. I am not the greatest at my level but i bust my arse to get better.

162200[/snapback]

Nice. Another track guy here; I like that. You hurdle? Highs or intermediates? Both? In college, I did just the highs (along with the high jump and sprints/relays) but in high school, I did both the highs and intermediates.

I am 35 and in great shape.  I bike 30+miles everyday, I bench 315, and I am 9%  bodyfat.  I play every sport.  Every Sunday am I play flag football in the fall/winter.  I am a very good QB and I catch everything thrown to me if I play WR.  In Highschool I was a TE and a DE.  Just like to add my HS-Daniel Hand-just won the states- they were the #1 football team in the state this year.  I play basketball once or twice a week.  I got game.  I usually play the 3 spot.  I get lots of rebounds, love to pass and I can shoot.  I play softball in the summer.  I hit over .700 this summer- most hits were extra bases.  I never pop up- I only hit seeds and ropes.  This is kind of funny.  I have cubital tunnel/carpal tunnel very mild.  Well if I try and try and throw hard my fingers dont open up and I drill the ball into the ground.  Funny I can chuck a football 40+ yards but I cannot throw a softball anymore.  I used to play left field, now I play 1st base or catcher.  Usually though I am the DH.  Thats the best-I hang out, drink beer then get up and bat.  In the summer every Monday afternoon I play soccer.  We play USA versus Ecuador.  Its awesome.  I suck at golf though!  I try but I am a hacker.  I like to play tennis and raquetball too- I am decent at both but not the best.  I am a decent skiier.  I love to ski moguls all day.  In the summer we play alot of volleyball too.  I have two friends who have volleyball set up in their backyard with lights.  I am decent at volleyball too.  I suck at swimming.  I find running boring and can go about 2 miles at a decent pace.  As far as mountain biking goes I love it but I have a hard time keeping up with my friends.  They are great at very technical mountain biking-I could use some work.  They say to be a great mountain biker you need to be able to balance on your bike and pick up a water bottle which is on the ground.  I have tried hundreds of times with no success.  I have another friend who has a unicyle.  I have tried that at least 500 times and cannot do it.  Of course usually I am pretty buzzed.  I like to rockclimb too.  I am so-so at that.  I love to repel though.  I can waterski and kneeboard too.  I cant do a headstand though.  I boxed for two years.  I got my ass kicked many times sparring but I can hold my own.  I am decent hitting a bag.  Is that enough info?  I can go on if you like.....

162221[/snapback]

:):lol::)

Classic!

Actually, I was naturally quite strong in high school. I was always at the top of my gym class in doing pull ups and when I was in eighth grade beat a senior at armwrestling who was starting fullback on the varsity football team. That didn't translate into general athletic prowess though.

I am 35 and in great shape.  I bike 30+miles everyday, I bench 315, and I am 9%  bodyfat.  I play every sport.  Every Sunday am I play flag football in the fall/winter.  I am a very good QB and I catch everything thrown to me if I play WR.  In Highschool I was a TE and a DE.  Just like to add my HS-Daniel Hand-just won the states- they were the #1 football team in the state this year.  I play basketball once or twice a week.  I got game.  I usually play the 3 spot.  I get lots of rebounds, love to pass and I can shoot.  I play softball in the summer.  I hit over .700 this summer- most hits were extra bases.  I never pop up- I only hit seeds and ropes.  This is kind of funny.  I have cubital tunnel/carpal tunnel very mild.  Well if I try and try and throw hard my fingers dont open up and I drill the ball into the ground.  Funny I can chuck a football 40+ yards but I cannot throw a softball anymore.  I used to play left field, now I play 1st base or catcher.  Usually though I am the DH.  Thats the best-I hang out, drink beer then get up and bat.  In the summer every Monday afternoon I play soccer.  We play USA versus Ecuador.  Its awesome.  I suck at golf though!  I try but I am a hacker.  I like to play tennis and raquetball too- I am decent at both but not the best.  I am a decent skiier.  I love to ski moguls all day.  In the summer we play alot of volleyball too.  I have two friends who have volleyball set up in their backyard with lights.  I am decent at volleyball too.  I suck at swimming.  I find running boring and can go about 2 miles at a decent pace.  As far as mountain biking goes I love it but I have a hard time keeping up with my friends.  They are great at very technical mountain biking-I could use some work.  They say to be a great mountain biker you need to be able to balance on your bike and pick up a water bottle which is on the ground.  I have tried hundreds of times with no success.  I have another friend who has a unicyle.  I have tried that at least 500 times and cannot do it.  Of course usually I am pretty buzzed.  I like to rockclimb too.  I am so-so at that.  I love to repel though.  I can waterski and kneeboard too.  I cant do a headstand though.  I boxed for two years.  I got my ass kicked many times sparring but I can hold my own.  I am decent hitting a bag.  Is that enough info?  I can go on if you like.....

162221[/snapback]

Pete, I think they mean actually playing the sport. Not what you can do on your PS2.

Played 3 sports all 4 yrs in HS - 6 varsity letters between them - cross country, basketball and tennis. Basketball was always my #1 sport - I only ran in the Fall to get in shape for basketball. Tennis was just something I did my whole life - my Dad was a HS tennis coach in WNY for over 25 years, when he retired he was in the top 5 winningest coaches in NYS.

My personal streak of almost 30 consecutive years playing in an organized basketball league ended a while back. Right now mostly I just coach my kids and play with them. Got back into competitive tennis this year after taking a few years off - at one time I was a decent competitive player - won the A league championship in my company league (site population 13K) a couple times - but my game is very aggressive serve and volley and I really can't do the things I used to be able to do as well athletically (and am too stubborn/impatient to change my game).

My sports hero is my Dad - still going at 70. I always thought it was cool that he lettered in 4 varsity sports in HS (football, basketball, baseball, track) and then lettered in 2 different varsity sports in college (tennis and cross country).

Played 3 sports all 4 yrs in HS - 6 varsity letters between them - cross country, basketball and tennis.  Basketball was always my #1 sport - I only ran in the Fall to get in shape for basketball.  Tennis was just something I did my whole life - my Dad was a HS tennis coach in WNY for over 25 years, when he retired he was in the top 5 winningest coaches in NYS.

My personal streak of almost 30 consecutive years playing in an organized basketball league ended a while back.  Right now mostly I just coach my kids and play with them.  Got back into competitive tennis this year after taking a few years off - at one time I was a decent competitive player - won the A league championship in my company league (site population 13K) a couple times - but my game is very aggressive serve and volley and I really can't do the things I used to be able to do as well athletically (and am too stubborn/impatient to change my game). 

My sports hero is my Dad - still going at 70.  I always thought it was cool that he lettered in 4 varsity sports in HS (football, basketball, baseball, track) and then lettered in 2 different varsity sports in college (tennis and cross country).

162636[/snapback]

I really love playing basketball now. Too bad I didn't when I was in high school. I played it all 4 years, but basically to stay in shape between football and track. Ever since graduating high school and getting away from the a**hole coaches I had then, I've grown to love the game. While in the Air Force stationed in Berlin, I played for our base basketball team and it was a great experience! I got to travel (played in Korea, Japan, England, Greece) and get paid, not to mention play hoops. It's just a great time.

Your dad sounds like a real winner!

I really love playing basketball now.  Too bad I didn't when I was in high school.  I played it all 4 years, but basically to stay in shape between football and track.  Ever since graduating high school and getting away from the a**hole coaches I had then, I've grown to love the game.  While in the Air Force stationed in Berlin, I played for our base basketball team and it was a great experience!  I got to travel (played in Korea, Japan, England, Greece) and get paid, not to mention play hoops.  It's just a great time.

Your dad sounds like a real winner!

162649[/snapback]

It's too bad there are coaches out there who can ruin a kid's experience - but we all know there are a lot of great ones too. The best coach I ever had wasn't even in school - it was a guy who ran the local Boy's Club.

I've always loved basketball as a game since I was 5 years old. You really gain a new appreciation for the subtleties and complexities of it when you start coaching 5-6 year olds and have to try and cover all the skills as well as how the game itself is meant to be played to kids some of which can't even dribble a ball more than once :):)

Funny - my whole life I've gone out and hit tennis balls with my Dad and this summer I was visiting Buffalo and we went out to hit some and I'm whaling the ball at him and he's whaling them back at me as usual - and I had to stop for a second and realize this guy across the net was freaking 70 years old!