Just think the Rob Johnson era would be ending now

I was just reading some info on how the Bills maybe drafting their QB of the future, which made me start to think about Rob Johnson. I remember when they trade a 1st and 4th for him I thought they found a real gem. I remember all the practice highlights on the empire sports network, wow. If things went as planned back then we would be preparing for his replacement to start by now. However 13 years later were still looking for our QB of the future.

I was just reading some info on how the Bills maybe drafting their QB of the future, which made me start to think about Rob Johnson. I remember when they trade a 1st and 4th for him I thought they found a real gem. I remember all the practice highlights on the empire sports network, wow. If things went as planned back then we would be preparing for his replacement to start by now. However 13 years later were still looking for our QB of the future.

Ah those were the days: A good/very good GM, a pretty good defense, and a potential franchise QB. Oh how the times have changed.

Just imagine...if the Music City Miracle didn't happen!

a) Bum's son doesn't make Christie do a "high pooch kickoff"

b) Kevin Dyson & Frank Wychek don't do a lateral!

c) Rob went on to take the Bills to play St. Louis for Super Bowl XXXIV- instead of the Titans!

d) Bills win Super Bowl XXXIV

e) Flutie takes Kurt Warner's former position at Gary's Grocery Store

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Too bad we can't go back in time.

as a 23yr old, this was the best time to be a bills fan for me. im old enough to have watched the end of the "kelly years", but i wasnt old enough to appreciate it. back than i couldnt comprehend the bills NOT making the playoffs :o up until that point the bills hadnt missed the playoffs in my life haha

as a 23yr old, this was the best time to be a bills fan for me. im old enough to have watched the end of the "kelly years", but i wasnt old enough to appreciate it. back than i couldnt comprehend the bills NOT making the playoffs :o up until that point the bills hadnt missed the playoffs in my life haha

I feel the same way. I was 25 then & my friends & I just started getting season tickets the year before. We had 10 guys in our group. Those were the days too, nobody had wife, nobody had kids. We would get into the parking lot sometimes at 7am(especially in the early season). There was nothing like watching the sun come up sitting in the parking lot drinking a beer at 7am on a Sunday morning without a care in the world. We would drink & grill all morning, go to the game, after the game we could go back to my friends house & usually order a bucket of wings & a sheet pizza. Man, my stomach would not feel right for 2 days after that & if I did that now I would probably drop dead of a heart attack. LOL. & you went into that stadium & you just expected them to win. No team ran for 250 yards against us, there was no Tom Brady to embarass the sh*t out of us every year & we had a legit shot to win the division. Mysellf & some of the guys still have seasons, but we our down to 4 guys now. Couple guys moved away, couple guys married bitches & they told them they could not go anymore & a couple got fed up with the losing & said f8ck it. I look forward to going to the games now but it is not the same. In fact last year I only went to 3 games, sold my Steelers & Jets tickets & ate the other games I miss. I miss those days.

Remembering the past is an important thing and in that light lets not forget the first miscue in the ongoing list of searching for the QB of the future which RJ is a part of...

Mr. Ralph's handshake deal with Jimbo to reward him in his next FA contract which never happened. Mr. Ralph made a stupid football judgment that Jimbo had something left in the tank through his signing another contract. Even this outsider could see Jimbo was done the year before Mr. Ralph's poor judgment.

While the owners hands are crystal clear as they were on the handshake deal only he could make, many of the future decisions Mr. Ralph was almost certainly instrumental in them as they involved huge outlays of cash (or if he was not involved his role was merely silly neglect rather than proactive error).

c) Rob went on to take the Bills to play St. Louis for Super Bowl XXXIV- instead of the Titans!

d) was a real possibility. That Bills defense was the best we've had since the merger and even before the game there was talk that the winner of that wildcard game might be the SB representative from the AFC. The Colts were young and didn't match up well with Buffalo. The Jags were incredibly overrated. After the Titans narrowly escaped the Bills at home, they went on the road and easily beat Indy and Jax. No reason that would not have happened for Buffalo. And in the SB, the Bills defense would have been a much tougher matchup than the 15th ranked Titans D. That was really a great opportunity for the Bills to "steal' a Super Bowl the way Baltimore did vs. NY Giants and the way the Steelers did against Seattle a few seasons back.

It wasn't Johnson or Flutie who kept the Bills out of the SB that year, it was the undisciplined ship Wade ran. That team made tons of boneheaded plays, including several costly ones in that Tennessee game. It was amusing watching the whole Wade era in Dallas unfold and seeing a whole new group of fans and media realize that Phillips paid no attention to detail as a head coach and that the situation only deteriorates when that is the case.

Ah those were the days: A good/very good GM, a pretty good defense, and a potential franchise QB. Oh how the times have changed.

Don't remind me.

would take this except Flutie goes back to CFL and wins more grey cups.

Amen

beat me to it.

Or instead of trading a 1st and 4th for Robosack, we could have used that 1st on somebody like Tra Thomas, Keith Brooking, Takeo Spikes, or Fred Taylor. Then used that 4th on somebody like Jason Fabini or Tim Dwight.

And if they were really thinking, forget Fred Coleman in the 6th and draft a QB out of BC named Matt Hasselbeck

http://www.campquarterback.com/index.php?content=about

Rob Johnson is best known for his rein as #11 Quarterback for Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Buffalo Bills, where his unique style and technique helped lead his team to a Super Bowl championship.

That's pretty funny. The one thing I will say is that Johnson was the first Tampa Bay QB to ever win a game with a sub-40 degree game-time temperature. This came late in the 2002 season when the Bucs traveled to Chicago and Brad Johnson was injured. That victory ended this silly novelty about the Bucs, and they went on to beat the Eagles on the road in the NFC Championship game -- with a sub-40 degree temperature. Hmmmm. :devil:

That's pretty funny. The one thing I will say is that Johnson was the first Tampa Bay QB to ever win a game with a sub-40 degree game-time temperature. This came late in the 2002 season when the Bucs traveled to Chicago and Brad Johnson was injured. That victory ended this silly novelty about the Bucs, and they went on to beat the Eagles on the road in the NFC Championship game -- with a sub-40 degree temperature. Hmmmm. :devil:

I remember that game. It was a Sunday night game. Tampa should of beat Chicago by 30 points but Johnson was doing all he could to keep Chicago in the game. After one play, johnson got blindsided & it looked like his head was going to snap off & Theisman says "serious Rob Johnson is going to get killed out there, I fear for his safety, he has no idea where the rush is coming from".

:lol: