Would you trade with the Vikings?

dpberr

According to published reports, the Vikings have an interest in selecting a QB in this year's draft.

My question to you: Would you trade with the Vikings if they came calling? If so, who would you select at #12?

YES! If the decision makers (and who knows who that is) in the Bills draft aren't dead set on a guy at #3 and the Vikings are willing to trade up, do it for extra picks in this draft! Load up on D and get the offensive tackle and tight end we need as well in the process with the extra picks. What do you think is one of the reasons Belichick has been so successful? Trading down for extra picks year after year to have the luxury to get the guys they want each draft without reaching.

We can only hope the Bills are fortunate enough to get a valid trade offer.

It's 1000 points to drop from 3 to 12, so I'm taking the Vikes' 2nd Rounder and 3rd Rounder this year and 2nd Rounder next year.

The DraftTek Simulation:

1 12 Buffalo J.J. Watt DE34 Wisconsin

2 34 Buffalo Brooks Reed OLB34 Arizona

2 43 Buffalo Mason Foster ILB Washington

3 68 Buffalo Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

4 99 Buffalo Chimdi Chekwa CB Ohio State

4 121 Buffalo Tim Barnes OC Missouri

5 130 Buffalo Orlando Franklin OT Miami

6 164 Buffalo Mike McNeill TE Nebraska

7 195 Buffalo Harold Ayodele DT34 Emporia State

Not a bad start to solidifying the defense and getting offensive depth.

No, Von Miller is too valuable and he won't be there past #5

:rolleyes:

And yes, trading down would be the smart thing to do because the Vikings would NEVER do it.

For them to trade down to the number 3 spot, they'd have to trade away their, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round pick (they don't have a 3rd round pick). OR They give us their first round this year and a conditional 1st or 2nd next year. I dont see them doing that.

So keep dreaming.

It's 1000 points to drop from 3 to 12, so I'm taking the Vikes' 2nd Rounder and 3rd Rounder this year and 2nd Rounder next year.

The DraftTek Simulation:

THey don't have a 3rd. So their 1st and 2nd alone would only give them a total of 1670 points. We're sitting at 2200 points. They dont have a 3rd so their 4th and 5th round picks would give them around another 120 points. that brings them up to 1790 or lets say 1800 or 1810 if you wanna round up. Still short. So they'd have to give us EVERY pick they have this year and some draft picks next year. This isn't happening.

If for some reason they do pull the trigger, we'd be a bunch of complete, inept m*rons not to take this trade.

Edited by DreReed83

According to published reports, the Vikings have an interest in selecting a QB in this year's draft.

My question to you: Would you trade with the Vikings if they came calling? If so, who would you select at #12?

As in all things it depends. If Gabbert is there I say take him but if the FO isn't sold on him then I would trade down in a NY minute to get extra picks and front 7 defenders. In addition I would be happy to trade down all the way to 12. A move that far may bring an additional second round pick and a #1 next year. That would be a kings ransom. If the Vikings want to jump that high to get Newton/Gabbert I set let them pay the price. Either Quinn, Watt, or Jordan and maybe tow of those three will be available. There is a good chance 2 QB's, 2 CB's, and 2 WR's go in the top 11. That still leaves Dareus, Miller, Bowers, and Fairley to come off the board in the top 11.

:rolleyes:

And yes, trading down would be the smart thing to do because the Vikings would NEVER do it.

For them to trade down to the number 3 spot, they'd have to trade away their, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round pick (they don't have a 3rd round pick). OR They give us their first round this year and a conditional 1st or 2nd next year. I dont see them doing that.

So keep dreaming.

THey don't have a 3rd. So their 1st and 2nd alone would only give them a total of 1670 points. We're sitting at 2200 points. They dont have a 3rd so their 4th and 5th round picks would give them around another 120 points. that brings them up to 1790 or lets say 1800 or 1810 if you wanna round up. Still short. So they'd have to give us EVERY pick they have this year and some draft picks next year. This isn't happening.

If for some reason they do pull the trigger, we'd be a bunch of complete, inept m*rons not to take this trade.

1st and 2nd this year along with their 1st next...similar to giants chargers manning/rivers trade. i would do this trade in a heartbeat as it could stack our team with talent if done correctly. olb, ilb, rt with the 3 top picks this year and then pull the trigger on qb next year.

I posted on this about 2 weeks ago. I'd do it, take the picks and build for the future. There is too much risk in Newton, and Gabbert isn't a top 3 QB. With the depth that we need to build on the defensive side of the ball it makes sense to stock pile picks. We are in year 2 of a 4 seaon rebuild. 2013 is the year we can make a legitimate run for the Super Bowl.

That was only to move from #4 to #1, granted the 3rd overall pick isn't wort has much as the #1 overall, but likely need a couple more picks thrown in. Or the Bills could take the deal as they want the extra picks even if not getting good draft chart value. Supposedly it's a down draft which would mean other teams would offer less t omove up.

1st and 2nd this year along with their 1st next...similar to giants chargers manning/rivers trade.

Not a chance, we need a quarterback every bit as badly as they do.

The DraftTek Simulation:

Minnesota doesn't have a 3rd this year.

No.

As bad as the Bills have been, they haven't had a top 5 pick since 2002, so I say use it. Pick a great player, and hopefully you won't be picking in the top 5 for the next 15 years.

If you can't pick the right guy when all but 2 players from the entire draft class are available to you, then turn in your GM card.

Just my 1 cent.

No. We need a QB, why would we trade out pick to another team who needs a QB and not just take the QB?

Because the QBs aren't that good. I don't like Newton at all and am only a little sold that Gabbert is any better

prospect than Locker, Kaepernick, Ponder and Dalton.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that passing on a QB in round 1 and finding one in round 2-7 is a great

option, all things being equal. I AM saying that I don't really think that there is a QB worth a first round pick

this year. FWIW, if they feel strongly that they MUST have a QB in round 1, to me it is Gabbert or bust. I don't

like Newton's personality, character concerns or the fact that he won with his legs rather than his arm.