MB GM Mock Draft is here!!!!

bwhit33

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who will the Bills Select with the 3rd pick in the 2011 NFL Draft?

• Da'Quann Bowers, DE - CLEM
    • A.J. Green, WR - LSU
    • Von Miller, OLB - A&M
    • Nick Fairley, DT - AUB
    • Robert Quinn, DE - UNC
    • Blaine Gabbert, QB - MIZZ
    • Prince Amukamara, CB - NEB
    • J.J. Watt, DE - WISC
    • Cam Newton, QB - AUB
    • Julio Jones, WR - BAMA
    • Tyron Smith, OT - USC
    • Cameron Jordan, DE - CAL
    • Aldon Smith, DE - MIZZ
    • Mark Ingram, RB - BAMA
    • Nate Solder, OT - CU
    • Corey Liuget, DT - ILL

Here's the jist of it: I'm bouncing from MB to MB in draft order giving each MB's team roughly 36 hours of polling before the player with the highest % of votes becomes the pick. Only players that havent been selected before your team's pick are available.

Its just an interesting way to mock the draft, and lets be honest who knows what their team needs the most than the diehard fans who troll MBs for hours at a time day in and day out? You can vote for who you want as a fan, who you think the team will take given their draft strategy or you can just take bpa... its up to you!

Without further ado...

Round 1

1 Carolina Panthers - Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU

2 Denver Broncos - Macel Dareus, DT - BAMA

3 Buffalo Bills - On the Clock

4 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Arizona Cardinals

6 Cleveland Browns

7 San Francisco 49ers

8 Tennessee Titans

9 Dallas Cowboys

10 Washington Redskins

11 Houston Texans

12 Minnesota Vikings

13 Detroit Lions

14 St. Louis Rams

15 Miami Dolphins

16 Jacksonville Jaguars

17 New England Patriots

18 San Diego Chargers

19 New York Giants

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21 Kansas City Chiefs

22 Indianapolis Colts

23 Philadelphia Eagles

24 New Orleans Saints

25 Seattle Seahawks

26 Baltimore Ravens

27 Atlanta Falcons

28 New England Patriots

29 Chicago Bears

30 New York Jets

31 Pittsburgh Steelers

32 Green Bay Packers

With the third pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, The Buffalo Bills Select...?

Here's the jist of it: I'm bouncing from MB to MB in draft order giving each MB's team roughly 36 hours of polling before the player with the highest % of votes becomes the pick. Only players that havent been selected before your team's pick are available.

Its just an interesting way to mock the draft, and lets be honest who knows what their team needs the most than the diehard fans who troll MBs for hours at a time day in and day out? You can vote for who you want as a fan, who you think the team will take given their draft strategy or you can just take bpa... its up to you!

Without further ado...

Round 1

4 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Arizona Cardinals

6 Cleveland Browns

7 San Francisco 49ers

8 Tennessee Titans

9 Dallas Cowboys

10 Washington Redskins

11 Houston Texans

12 Minnesota Vikings

13 Detroit Lions

14 St. Louis Rams

15 Miami Dolphins

16 Jacksonville Jaguars

17 New England Patriots

18 San Diego Chargers

19 New York Giants

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21 Kansas City Chiefs

22 Indianapolis Colts

23 Philadelphia Eagles

24 New Orleans Saints

25 Seattle Seahawks

26 Baltimore Ravens

27 Atlanta Falcons

28 New England Patriots

29 Chicago Bears

30 New York Jets

31 Pittsburgh Steelers

32 Green Bay Packers

I'll bite: Blaine Gabbert

Bowers continues to be my choice. This man is a beast. He has no real red flags and can work in a 3-4 or 4-3. He is a player that can anchor the front line for a long, long time. Anyone think that he doesn't fit a glaring need?

Bowers has a knee issue that is a red flag. Word is it may not be healing as fast as originally rumored. If Dareus is off the board, it comes down to Newton, Von Miller, Cam Jordan, or AJ Green. At this point, I couldn't possibly pick between those 4 players. It could honestly go either way.

Without further ado...

Round 1

4 Cincinnati Bengals

5 Arizona Cardinals

6 Cleveland Browns

7 San Francisco 49ers

8 Tennessee Titans

9 Dallas Cowboys

10 Washington Redskins

11 Houston Texans

12 Minnesota Vikings

13 Detroit Lions

14 St. Louis Rams

15 Miami Dolphins

16 Jacksonville Jaguars

17 New England Patriots

18 San Diego Chargers

19 New York Giants

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

21 Kansas City Chiefs

22 Indianapolis Colts

23 Philadelphia Eagles

24 New Orleans Saints

25 Seattle Seahawks

26 Baltimore Ravens

27 Atlanta Falcons

28 New England Patriots

29 Chicago Bears

30 New York Jets

31 Pittsburgh Steelers

32 Green Bay Packers

Well it looks like it's between Newton and Fairley for Buffalo...Probably the two highest risk/reward players in the draft that could both be high impact players! Interesting, but I'd prefer Bowers if he were still on the big board!

Seeing that it's down to these two players, I guess I'd have to go with Cam Newton..only because if I'm going to risk the #3 pick, it might as well be with at a huge impact position like QB!

I am surprised more people have not selected Da'Quan Bowers for the Bills as I feel as though he is the most consistent of the top tier players who was projected a whole year ago as this year's #1 pick in the draft, when Cam Newton and Nick Fairley weren't even in the discussion or a first round consideration a year in advance!

Well we're getting down to the wire...so who is it going to be Buffalo? Cam Newton, Nick Fairley or is someone else going to make a last minute push to #3???

Dareus is gone....I want Quinn.

Yeah, but everything I have read say's that Quinn is a one trick pony who does not defend well against the rush or pass...besides missing an entire year of college experience for improper dealings with his agent. We really need someone that holds up well against the run since that was our biggest weakness on defense, and handling the run is also Quinn's biggest weakness. Just curious why you want to spend the #3 pick on him??

the bills need a DE not Newton is going to be a bust in the NFL he wasn't a good QB even in College. I go with Bowers.

Nominee for worst post of the year?

If not, definitely honorable mention.

I'm torn between a few guys. If probably take Miller if I was in the clock right now. After reading dudes post, i might pull the trigger on Newton.

I wonder where all these bowers fans came from. I haven't seen him get too much love on the board til today. I'd take fairley over him in a heartbeat

Yeah, but everything I have read say's that Quinn is a one trick pony who does not defend well against the rush or pass...besides missing an entire year of college experience for improper dealings with his agent. We really need someone that holds up well against the run since that was our biggest weakness on defense, and handling the run is also Quinn's biggest weakness. Just curious why you want to spend the #3 pick on him??

Yes, Quinn is best known for his pass rushing skills, but I have never read or heard anything about him being a "one trick pony." Having lived in North Carolina, I watched just about every one of his games in 2008 & 2009. He's got it all. Exceptional pass rusher...stout against the run. You just can't ignore a player of his size who possesses such tremendous athleticism. Scouts say that is best suited to play strong side LB in the 3-4, and he can certainly put his hand in the dirt and play DE in the 4-3. He fits perfectly into the multiple front defensive scheme that Chan purports to use. If Dareus is gone, then why wouldn't you strongly consider Quinn at #3?

Also, didn't Buddy say that we needed to add more size to our linebacker corps? 6'5" 265 is a pretty good sized linebacker. Envision a faster, more athletic Tamba Hali.