Carimi to visit Bills

They might be looking at him with the 2nd pick

Would it be funny if the bills ended up flipping the script and going totall offense in the early rounds instead of defense? I am not saying that they should but........

I think there is a decent chance that the Bills do exactly that. I couldn't really argue with Cam in the first and a OT like Carimi in the second...assuming one falls that far.

Good player; ideal fit for a RT as far as I'm concerned, as he's an outstanding run blocker and adequate in pass protection.

As for Buffalo looking at him, I think it's a bit unrealistic unless they're planning to trade from the 34th pick back up into the latter portion of round 1. Carimi's probably going somewhere in the 20-25 range, and I really don't see Buffalo trading out of the 3rd pick (which I am happy about).

Gabe Carimi is one of my favorite T's in this years draft, and I think he fits Chan Gailey's mold perfectly. He's more of the mauling RT type who can improve the running game quickly. He probably won't be the first T taken because he'd probably struggle on the left side, but I think he'd make a great RT.

Can't see him lasting to #34, but would certainly be a possibility in the 15-25 range is we move around on draft day.

I think there is a decent chance that the Bills do exactly that. I couldn't really argue with Cam in the first and a OT like Carimi in the second...assuming one falls that far.

+1

I've posted before that the swing vote in Carimi coming to the Bills' run game is freaking New England. I think they take a OT in this draft; just when they do it will let a Top-5 RT slip to us.

Gabe Carimi is one of my favorite T's in this years draft, and I think he fits Chan Gailey's mold perfectly. He's more of the mauling RT type who can improve the running game quickly. He probably won't be the first T taken because he'd probably struggle on the left side, but I think he'd make a great RT.

Can't see him lasting to #34, but would certainly be a possibility in the 15-25 range is we move around on draft day.

Totally agree. He's the Pro Bowl RT that benefits a power run game. He benefitted from Moffitt when they played next to each other, but Carimi fits the mold. I can see the T-Shirt now: "Carimi Wood!"

No way the best T in the draft lasts to 34. I think that this indicates the Bills are either trading up, trading down, or have completely unrealistic expectations for who will be available at their 2nd round pick. I guess an off the screen answer could be they are interviewing him about Watt – a real long shot at #3?

Or maybe, trade back from 3, draft Watt. With the picks we gain in the trade back, couple those with our 34 and move up for Carimi. But now i am just dreaming.

No way the best T in the draft lasts to 34. I think that this indicates the Bills are either trading up, trading down, or have completely unrealistic expectations for who will be available at their 2nd round pick. I guess an off the screen answer could be they are interviewing him about Watt – a real long shot at #3?

Or maybe, trade back from 3, draft Watt. With the picks we gain in the trade back, couple those with our 34 and move up for Carimi. But now i am just dreaming.

The Bills are just covering all the bases, as any decent GM should be doing this time of the year. If there is one word to describe the NFL draft it is "unpredictable." The Bills needs to be sniffing around anyone they like that could be selected between #1 and #250.

What happens if a team like the Phins offer an unbelievable package to move up from #15 to #3. Say their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and future 1st. If you get a kings ransom to move back you have to be familiar with potential targets at your new pick.

The Bills are just covering all the bases, as any decent GM should be doing this time of the year. If there is one word to describe the NFL draft it is "unpredictable." The Bills needs to be sniffing around anyone they like that could be selected between #1 and #250.

What happens if a team like the Phins offer an unbelievable package to move up from #15 to #3. Say their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and future 1st. If you get a kings ransom to move back you have to be familiar with potential targets at your new pick.

Which is why I said they must be planning to trade down from 3 or up from 34.

It wouldn't surprise or bother me as long as they fill holes or obvious weak spots with talented picks that fit. With the depth of Defensive players this year it might actually be the smartest move.

It would be insane if they draft offense in two or more of the first three rounds. Rd 1 Defense line, Rd 2 LB, but OT is acceptable if Rd 3 is LB. I'd prefer DE/ DT - 1, DT or LB 2, DT or LB 3

If he falls to 34, Buddy will be everybody's hero here at TBD. If he doesn't, then Buddy will be the doofus that didn't trade up to draft him. Poor guy, it's almost like having a few thousand wives second guessing everything he does. But, since it is March in WNY, what else have we got to do?

It would be insane if they draft offense in two or more of the first three rounds. Rd 1 Defense line, Rd 2 LB, but OT is acceptable if Rd 3 is LB. I'd prefer DE/ DT - 1, DT or LB 2, DT or LB 3

The Bills could very easily justify drafting offense with their first two picks!!!!!!!

Suppose, for the sake of argument, that Blaine Gabbert is a franchise QB. (I know very little about Gabbert, so this is just a hypothetical.) If he's a franchise guy, the Bills should definitely take him third overall. Period, no questions asked.

Then with their second round pick they should take a RT, at least if a RT is the best player available. RT is a hole on this team as bad as any other, and it's critical to get holes on the OL filled. :angry:

You could potentially make an argument in favor of drafting a TE in the third round. But there's a chance Nelson (the TE) might work out well, so I'd rather go with an ILB (where I know there's a need).

A draft of QB, RT, ILB wouldn't fill all the Bills' holes. But a draft of RDE, OLB, ILB wouldn't fill all the Bills' holes either. This team has too many holes to fill in just one draft. All they can realistically hope to do is to replace several inadequate players with solid guys, and ideally with game-changers.

A draft of QB, RT, ILB wouldn't fill all the Bills' holes. But a draft of RDE, OLB, ILB wouldn't fill all the Bills' holes either. This team has too many holes to fill in just one draft. All they can realistically hope to do is to replace several inadequate players with solid guys, and ideally with game-changers.

Getting one of the better O-linemen in the draft, without or without a new QB, does enable the Bills to consolidate their strengths while Wannstedt/Edwards sort out whether to go 3-4, 4-3, or hybrid and then determine which players already on the roster fit the selected D scheme. It would be a huge mistake to draft a front seven player who may not fit into the system (especially if the labor issues this year shorten or eliminate training camp).

If the Bills took A.J. Green with the third pick, moved up into the lower first to get Carimi, Soldier, or Castonzo (or got one of them in the second round), that might not be such a bad thing. (This is assuming they don't see either Gabbert or Newton as franchise material).

I didn't mean to say they should go offense with several early picks, just that using one of their early picks on a right tackle, a QB or a wide receiver might be ok since, with the depth of defensive players this year, the other picks could still get them quality defensive players. It also would not be a shock to me if the Bills took this approach. Personally I would lean towards using #3 for defense. If Peterson is there at #3, my gut tells me they will take him as the BPA, which I could also live with.