Met the Gov Last Night

The wife and I were at Yoshi's last night. It's a Japanese restaurant and jazz club. There is one in the city and one in Oakland. Were were at the one in Oakland to listen to Al Di Meola. So in walks Jerry Brown. He's getting all sorts of attention and people are taking pictures of him. Now having lived and worked in CA for many years I've met and/or cooked for many, many celebrities so they mean nothing to me. But Jerry walks by us (we were sitting at the sushi bar) and I figure he's there to catch the show. He's a "hip" guy, knows music right? So I say "Jerry, you here to see Al?" He says "I'm here to see lots of Als" :doh: So I said "you're not here to see the show?" His reply? "I've got a big budget problem to fix." So let me get this straight. You're too busy solving California's budget problem to catch a show but not too busy to hob nob around Oakland at a sushi bar. Yeah, that makes sense. What a !@#$ing politician. :doh:

BTW dude had the softest hand I ever shook. He's never done an hour of manual work in his life.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and I were at Yoshi's last night. It's a Japanese restaurant and jazz club. There is one in the city and one in Oakland. Were were at the one in Oakland to listen to Al Di Meola. So in walks Jerry Brown. He's getting all sorts of attention and people are taking pictures of him. Now having lived and worked in CA for many years I've met and/or cooked for many, many celebrities so they mean nothing to me. But Jerry walks by us (we were sitting at the sushi bar) and I figure he's there to catch the show. He's a "hip" guy, knows music right? So I say "Jerry, you here to see Al?" He says "I'm here to see lots of Als" :doh: So I said "you're not here to see the show?" His reply? "I've got a big budget problem to fix." So let me get this straight. You're too busy solving California's budget problem to catch a show but not too busy to hob nob around Oakland at a sushi bar. Yeah, that makes sense. What a !@#$ing politician. :doh:

BTW dude had the softest hand I ever shook. He's never done an hour of manual work in his life.

I shook Hubert H. Humphrey's hand once. Same kind of softness.

And if he said he was there to see Al, somebody would B word that the should be off fixing the budget problem.

Edited by Buftex

And if he said he was there to see Al, somebody would B word that the should be off fixing the budget problem.

And there would be nothing wrong with that. But to imply that he's not there to see a show because he's too busy fixing the budget while he's out being a politician and not fixing the budget problem. Now I'm not here to say he should be chained to a desk 24/7 but just pointing out how stupid a comment that was.

Got to give the man credit for responding at least. I had a similar experience when he was in Buffalo during the 1992 prez campaign against Clinton. He was walking past after his speech and I said something about the flat tax he was pushing at the time. He stopped dead in his tracks and started debating me. I was impressed.

name dropper. :pirate:

And there would be nothing wrong with that. But to imply that he's not there to see a show because he's too busy fixing the budget while he's out being a politician and not fixing the budget problem. Now I'm not here to say he should be chained to a desk 24/7 but just pointing out how stupid a comment that was.

Out and about politicking could be "fixing the budget problem." Maybe it was "business" he was on? Just saying.

HaHa!! right!

Why laugh?

Say he is meeting with his good pal, State Rep. "Joe."

Brown: "How you doin' Joe?"

Joe: "Fine... Al is playing great tonight."

Brown: "Joe, not really paying attention to Al's playing... We gotta budget mess to correct and your area has to suffer a bit of pain."

Joe: "Gee... Al is really playing great tonight... What do you think?"

Meanwhile... Chefy is in the corner getting blitzed while he pretends to dig whatever Al's playing down.

:nana: :nana:

Why laugh?

Say he is meeting with his good pal, State Rep. "Joe."

Brown: "How you doin' Joe?"

Joe: "Fine... Al is playing great tonight."

Brown: "Joe, not really paying attention to Al's playing... We gotta budget mess to correct and your area has to suffer a bit of pain."

Joe: "Gee... Al is really playing great tonight... What do you think?"

Meanwhile... Chefy is in the corner getting blitzed while he pretends to dig whatever Al's playing down.

:nana: :nana:

LOL! good one! :thumbsup::beer:

The wife and I were at Yoshi's last night.....

I don't really give a crap one way or another about Jerry Brown, but was Yoshi there or was he off filming a new video game?

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Out and about politicking could be "fixing the budget problem." Maybe it was "business" he was on? Just saying.

Well that's nice of him, seeing as how CA's budget problems are largely his fault. Boy, whatever would those state gov't workers have done without a union to protect them? :rolleyes:

I think it's dumb to say that he should be chained to a desk 24/7 instead of out being a politician at times. All the time... no. Some of the time, yes. They all need to be out shaking hands every now and then to get people on board with their plans for balancing a budget or whatever else needs to be done. Nothing wrong with him being there.

I think it's dumb to say that he should be chained to a desk 24/7 instead of out being a politician at times. All the time... no. Some of the time, yes. They all need to be out shaking hands every now and then to get people on board with their plans for balancing a budget or whatever else needs to be done. Nothing wrong with him being there.

Little reading comrehension problem there? I never said there was anything wrong with him being there. I would just like someday for a politician to show their human side for ounce and not always be on as a politician.

Little reading comrehension problem there? I never said there was anything wrong with him being there. I would just like someday for a politician to show their human side for ounce and not always be on as a politician.

And if he or any other politician did that you would be the first one there saying "Why aren't you solving California's budget problem!!!!"

And if he or any other politician did that you would be the first one there saying "Why aren't you solving California's budget problem!!!!"

Stupidly put, but not an invalid point. Look at all the **** Bush got for sitting down for five minutes on 9/11.

No seeing I hate politicians if I saw one not acting like a politician I would praise him regardless of what he was doing. Especially one that was out having dinner. I don't think I'm crazy enough to begrudge a person out having dinner on a Saturday night and say "why are you not working??" :rolleyes:

No seeing I hate politicians if I saw one not acting like a politician I would praise him regardless of what he was doing. Especially one that was out having dinner. I don't think I'm crazy enough to begrudge a person out having dinner on a Saturday night and say "why are you not working??" :rolleyes:

It is what it is and somebody will complain about something... It is amazing that what ever little that gets done is actually getting done. Somebody 3 boards away is probably complaining that he is taking it easy after catching him with a few bites in his mouth at dinner.

What a brutal envrio we are in now for EVERYBODY. Nobody gives anybody the benny of doubt, no matter what is said... Everybody has a stupid ass opinion which is then immediately plopped on the internet.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Dude was Yoshi there? Is Yoshi tight with Jerry Brown? He always seemed apolitical to me.