Its not their money. Its a national resourse.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The government makes the money that everyone wants, that's true. And the government can take as much back as it wants. As it is becoming more and more clear that the tax cuts for the wealthy are going to mean more poverty, crime and pollution for the rest of the nation, this opinion will be more widly shared. Get use to it

The government makes the money that everyone wants, that's true. And the government can take as much back as it wants. As it is becoming more and more clear that the tax cuts for the wealthy are going to mean more poverty, crime and pollution for the rest of the nation, this opinion will be more widly shared. Get use to it

You must lose a point off your IQ everytime you post. Each successive post is more ignorant than the last one.

The government makes the money? The tax rates that have been in place for a decade are now tax breaks for the wealthy?

If somebody takes their US $ and buys gold, silver, or Swiss Francs, can the government still "take back" as much as they want?

What was it Jefferson said, something to the effect of "Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take it all away".

You must lose a point off your IQ everytime you post. Each successive post is more ignorant than the last one.

The government makes the money? The tax rates that have been in place for a decade are now tax breaks for the wealthy?

The government does "make the money". US $ are notes issued by the US Treasury.

However, and this is what confuzzles the likes of Dave, Michael Moore, et all...There is a difference between money and wealth.

For example, The Benbernank can print up as many trillions of US $ he wants drop them from helicoptors all day. But he has not created any wealth.

Wow. Just...wow... :wacko:

That's an A+ gold star award winning post right there buddy. Good work. :thumbsup:

The government does "make the money". US $ are notes issued by the US Treasury.

Well the one dollar bill that's been in my money clip for two weeks (and yes, that's all I've had on my clip for two weeks) was made by the government so I think he's on to something.

Top ten incomes in the country pay 70% of the tax. Look somewhere else for to direct your hate. hmmm..who could the culprit be? Maybe the outfit that automatically takes at the very least 31% of your paycheck every month? Unless your one of the impoverished that you like to feel sorry for. They pay no fed income tax.

Edited by Dante

Just when you thought someone couldn't possibly sound more stupid than Charlie Sheen, here comes Michael Moore and Dave in Norfolk.

Hey geniuses, what happens when you take all that money away? What's the master plan when there is no more money to take?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Top ten incomes in the country pay 70% of the tax. Look somewhere else for to direct your hate. hmmm..who could the culprit be? Maybe the outfit that automatically takes at the very least 31% of your paycheck every month? Unless your one of the impoverished that you like to feel sorry for. They pay no fed income tax.

Top ten percent pay 70% of the tax they also take in 75% of the income, the bottom 90% pay 30% of the tax on after taking in 25% of the income- so can you figure which group has the higher average effective tax rate.

Top ten percent pay 70% of the tax they also take in 75% of the income, the bottom 90% pay 30% of the tax on after taking in 25% of the income- so can you figure which group has the higher average effective tax rate.

So? Because you make more you should have to pay a bigger percentage? Why is that? If I make a million and pay 10% I pay $100,000? If you make $100,000 you only pay $10,000. Fair enough to me. Equal percentage. If your saying the rich pay less percentage than I agree thats wrong. No way they should have to pay a larger one though.

With a nod to Martin Niemöller:

When they came for the uber-wealthy, I remained silent; I was not uber-wealthy.

When they came for the corporate executives' bonuses, I remained silent; I was not a corporate executive.

When they taxed the upper-middle class, I said nothing; I was not in the upper middle class.

When they started taxing carbon emissions, I said nothing; I did not produce enough to count (and I compost and burn wood).

When they came for the small business owners' profits, I said nothing; I did not own a small business.

When they started taxing gasoline through the wazoo, I said nothing; I own a diesel and ride a motorcycle that gets 60 mpg.

When they took away Social Security and my 401k, I said nothing; I didn't expect to live until retirement age anyway.

When they taxed my $35,000/year salary at 60 percent FICA, I squirmed a little; but I moved into a tent on the abandoned property next door.

When they took the bread out of my mouth, there was no one left to say anything in my defense.