Nick Fairley

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/39883/is-fairley-being-fairly-evaluated

Gotta say, I totally agree with this article. Its not Newton,Gabbert,Peterson,Dareus,Quinn, or Miller, the best player in this draft is Nick Fairley. He dominated college football last year and played his best in the biggest games of the year against the best competition. I believe he could def play 3-4 defensive end. When we do use our 4-3 defensive fronts can you imagine Fairley next to KW on passing downs? If we pass on Fairley for any player, I'll be pissed.

I agree St. Lou. Fairley is the clear cut best player in my mind. I don’t care that he is dirty (in fact that makes me like him more) Dareus is a close second but everyone else is a distant 3rd. Depending on your scheme/front I guess some teams may like Dareus more, but when you leave schemes out of it and just look at them I think Fairly wins.

Knowing the Bills draft history as I do, I am very confident that at least one of these two will be passed on by Buffalo for one of the guys I already know will not be very good/is horribly over rated. This will cause me to be furious on draft day and create more enemies on the board by arguing with the posters who instantly fall in love with whomever the Bills draft, or the ones who were already in love with a bad player. Then somewhere between 6-24 months later all the posters will start to agree with my original thoughts on said player and the Bills will be drafting in the top 10 again, thinking back “If we only drafted Fairely/Dareus”… and the circle of life continues. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/39883/is-fairley-being-fairly-evaluated

Gotta say, I totally agree with this article. Its not Newton,Gabbert,Peterson,Dareus,Quinn, or Miller, the best player in this draft is Nick Fairley. He dominated college football last year and played his best in the biggest games of the year against the best competition. I believe he could def play 3-4 defensive end. When we do use our 4-3 defensive fronts can you imagine Fairley next to KW on passing downs? If we pass on Fairley for any player, I'll be pissed.

Hey man, I already linked that in the poll thread (along with my rant)...LOL

I strongly agree. I think he's the modern day version of Bruce Smith. Long arms, long legs, beyond menacing.

I laugh at the people who say that Dareus is the "safer" pick! How is passing over the next Bruce Smith for a solid DT a "safe" pick. The Dolphins went "safe" when they picked Jake Long over Matt Ryan, how's that working out for them?

When you are sitting at number three and the Panthers and Broncos are stupid enough to pass on Nick Fairley, you thank your lucky stars and pick him. I swear, people here have lost their minds on wanting Dareus over Fairley.

Darues is a solid pro, Fairley is a Hall of Fame type.

Agreed. He's the kind of player you want in the big games when a big play is needed. I think a front 3 of Carrington-Williams/Troup-Fairley would look pretty good next year and solve most of the problems on D. Then take Ponder in R2.

Fairley is definitely a very dominating force. He doesn't like to stop until the whistle blows which is good and bad. There were a lot of QB hits after the ball is gone in that video. I really like his passion for the game and would be happy to see him in a Bill's uniform. I'd be a little worried about his over zealousness though.

I could just imagine Brady getting up and pointing at him repeatedly in a game, throwing up his hands and begging for a flag. Kind of an amusing vision in my head.

Edited by Rockinon

What amazed me watching these clips is the number of times that he looks unblocked... then I watched them again. You can't block this kid with 1 and double teams only slowed him down a little bit.

That being said, it's easy to be impressed by a highlight reel... I didn't see this kid play during the season. Was he this dominant all the time?

What amazed me watching these clips is the number of times that he looks unblocked... then I watched them again. You can't block this kid with 1 and double teams only slowed him down a little bit.

That being said, it's easy to be impressed by a highlight reel... I didn't see this kid play during the season. Was he this dominant all the time?

Yes, he played his best in the biggest games. When you rack up 24TFL and 11.5 sacks in a season you were pretty damn dominate all year long. :thumbsup:

He was dominant all season. What I really loved in the National Championship was his ability to make plays laterally down the line. Oregon goes for some big yardage if he does not make those plays.

Fairley is as close to Ndomakong Suh as you can get. He isn’t quite that good but he is damn close, and coming out a year earlier than Suh, he may be at that level in a year or so.

FYI Suh has 10 sacks and may have been the best interior lineman in the NFL last year. If Fairley is have as good he will be worth #3.

Nice highlight package. Thanks StL. He certainly is a beast.

I like how he showed on running plays, since I consider shoring up the run D as the No.1

off-season priority.

I'd take him no questions asked. Don't expect him to still be there at three though.

I agree.

I hope he is available, but I doubt it. If I had an option to do so, I would attempt a modest trade down and still get Dareus. It will never happen. Just dreaming.

I still pick Dareus.

Both men were injured for the combine. Fairley skipped workouts because of it. Dareus participated in spite of it, and still performed well.

That says a whole lot to me on top of the evident talent.

Overall, you take Fairley if you want to rush the passer. Dareus if you want to stop the run. Considering our imaginary run defense, that's why I take Dareus.

I still pick Dareus.

Both men were injured for the combine. Fairley skipped workouts because of it. Dareus participated in spite of it, and still performed well.

That says a whole lot to me on top of the evident talent.

Overall, you take Fairley if you want to rush the passer. Dareus if you want to stop the run. Considering our imaginary run defense, that's why I take Dareus.

Not true they competed in the same amount of events. Dareus skipped the shuttle and the broad jump. Fairley opted not to lift and also skipped the shuttle.

My link

Not true they competed in the same amount of events. Dareus skipped the shuttle and the broad jump. Fairley opted not to lift and also skipped the shuttle.

My link

Not my point. My point is that Dareus performed the evals at the combine despite being injured and not at 100% and performed very well. Fairley skipped simply because he was injured. I like that Dareus played through the injury and did well, doing so.

Honestly....this is a pick that I dont think we can screw up.....Fairley, Darius, Von Miller, Quinn, AJ Green

Dont see how we can screw up that pick

How about if they took Cam Newton and he ended being another JaMarcus Russell? That would be a "screw up".

Yes, he played his best in the biggest games. When you rack up 24TFL and 11.5 sacks in a season you were pretty damn dominate all year long. :thumbsup:

Actually he racked up 24 tackles for loss including his 11.5 sacks. In other words he had 11.5 sacks for lost yards in addition to 12.5 other tackles for lost yards.