Songs that Affected You on an Emotional Level

ajzepp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually...Amazing Grace chokes me up in a big way even if it's just a bagpipe rendition. The Star Spangled Banner when sung 'properly' brings a tear to my eyes.

I would agree with you on these two. Amazing Grace is a song played at most funerals I've been to so it always reminds me of people close to me that I have lost. And yeah, the Star Spangled Banner is awesome if sung beautifully.

My man card is going to get yanked for this but the theme song from Titanic sang by Celine Dion

My daughter will be singing again in front of Christina Agulera's producer at her acting class next week and he told her to bring something emotional with range.......what does she pick...you guessed it. She is going to do it for in in both Spanish and English.

Im glad I am not going to be there....I would be a slobbering mess by the time she was finished.

The first time I heard Motley Crue's "Without You", I threw the radio out a third-floor window. I'd say that counts as "affecting me on an emotional level."

:lol:

My man card is going to get yanked for this but the theme song from Titanic sang by Celine Dion

My daughter will be singing again in front of Christina Agulera's producer at her acting class next week and he told her to bring something emotional with range.......what does she pick...you guessed it. She is going to do it for in in both Spanish and English.

Im glad I am not going to be there....I would be a slobbering mess by the time she was finished.

You're gonna have to post some links pretty soon, man...based on what write about your kid, she sounds like she's very talented and has quite a future ahead of her! :thumbsup:

Oh, and Finkle...you can stick your man card straight up yer asss. :thumbsup:

Amos Lee is a Philly guy and plays around town alot. He is avWXPN/World Cafe Live favorite. I really like this guy...soon enough alot more people will be listening to him, and that's a good thing

Yep, he sure is...and the guy just loves music. I was really happy to see that Mission Bell hit #1 on the billboard top 200 a few weeks ago. You're exactly right that more and more people are starting to listen to him. A lot of people have heard his stuff without realizing it, cause he's had songs on commercials, tv shows, and movies...but the fact that his fan base is growing is awesome...he's very deserving. He collaborated with some pretty impressive folks on this latest album and when he's not selling out smaller-to-mid-sized concert venues here and abroad, he's opening up for the likes of Dylan, Costello, and others.

Is this thread really happing *watches slo-mo car wreck*

So when music comes on, do you just stand there and stare at the stereo? What is the point of music if not to affect us on some emotional level? The tone of the thread has been mainly music that tugged some heart strings, but obviously there are many different types of emotions. Whenever I hear Van Haggar's "right now" I get fired up beyond belief. Others have mentioned Amazing Grace...when I hear that, particularly with the bag pipes of the Royal Scott Dragoon Guard, I think about my grandfather's military burial service, all that he did for this great country, and take take pride in the man that he was while he was alive. When I hear "Lose Yourself" by Eminem I feel like gloving up and knocking the crap out of the heavy bag for a while. And when I hear "Over the Rainbow" by my boy Iz, I cry like a B word.

You mad?

:rolleyes: Sounds to me like someone is overcompensating just a wee bit. I think it's time you let all those pent up emotions spew forth.

OK, then...

Back when I was five I wanted a milky way bar and my mommy wouldn't get it for me, and it destroyed me. Now I have attachment issues and I cry every time a Celine Dion song comes on.

Better? :P

Oh, I may well be, but we're not supposed to be sitting around discussing emotions. We're men, dammit.

Don't make me repeat myself...

OK, then...

Back when I was five I wanted a milky way bar and my mommy wouldn't get it for me, and it destroyed me. Now I have attachment issues and I cry every time a Celine Dion song comes on.

Better? :P

I cry when I hear Celine Dion, too...

...okay, actually it's just that my eyes water. From the intense pain.

Cats in the Cradle

nice.

I was going to give my typical smart ass response but you are all being so brutally honest that I just can't do it.

Dancing Queen...gets me every time!

Actually...Amazing Grace chokes me up in a big way even if it's just a bagpipe rendition. The Star Spangled Banner when sung 'properly' brings a tear to my eyes.

Wonderful Tonight...Clapton

really??????

i could understand "the winner takes it all" or slipping through my fingers"

if i could start a religion, it would be named woman. i worship them. PERIOD.

having said that, i do a pretty good job of understanding them and stuff. i have talked to some girlies that get depressed opressed or just get lost in this world.

having said that part too and the fact that i cant remember too far back anyway,

the last time and here is the man speaking (the only time), i got watery eyed (EVER) was when i heard miranda lambert sing "house that built me" for the first time. i guess i imagined the song literally.

BY THE WAY IF SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE I WOULD REPLY "FORGET YOUR MEMORY, TAKE ME"