• Robert Quinn
    • AJ Green
    • Patrick Peterson
    • Prince Amukamara
    • Von MIller
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Cameron Jordan
    • Other

It seems like we have a new flavor of the month here at TBD. First it seemed like Fairley, then Luck decided to stay and he was projected as number one. It switched to Dareus, then some started falling in love with Von Miller (some not), then Cam Newton, now it seems like Quinn is picking up steam. After the combine, things will change. Lets see how it stacks up pre-combine. I voted for Newton. There's tons of risk involved, but we need a franchise QB (no, fitz is NOT a franchise qb) and he has the most upside of almost any Qb in history. He fits the mold of QB chan is looking for and fits our offense. Worth the risk, jmo. what do you think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reserving judgment until the combine is completed.

so you currently have no opinion? the combine is the only thing that matters to you? The purpose of the poll is to see how we feel pre-combine. I'll re-do the poll after the combine and right before the draft. I find it very interesting how people rise and fall drastically from Feb til the draft.

I think that Newton's upside is too hard to ignore. He can really take advantage of learning behind Fitzy. I also believe that Gailey is thinking "ahead of the curve" and wants to mentor this kid b/c mobile QB's with his arm AND accuracy are hard to find....plus I wouldn't want to pass on him & watch him blow up somewhere else!

For the $$$ we're gonna spend on pick #3, I'd rather it be on a signal caller. Cam Newton would certainly help sell those flashy new uni's we'll be wearing next season too. Just thoughts.

Edited by r00tabaga

It seems like we have a new flavor of the month here at TBD. First it seemed like Fairley, then Luck decided to stay and he was projected as number one. It switched to Dareus, then some started falling in love with Von Miller (some not), then Cam Newton, now it seems like Quinn is picking up steam. After the combine, things will change. Lets see how it stacks up pre-combine. I voted for Newton. There's tons of risk involved, but we need a franchise QB (no, fitz is NOT a franchise qb) and he has the most upside of almost any Qb in history. He fits the mold of QB chan is looking for and fits our offense. Worth the risk, jmo. what do you think?

I would trade down and have a later no 1 and two no 2 picks and two (actually 3) no. 4 picks. we need lots of quality bodies. No one at 3 is going to revolutionize this team.

I'm voting Dareus today, but I think that can change to Quinn or Newton IF they impress with intangibles (not measurables) at the combine. I hate question marks at #3, and I think some of the other guys have to get rid of theirs first for me to think about them.

My quick hits:

Dareus - Will be available at three, is a great fit for our team, and one of the surest bets to be a great football player over the next 5-6 years. His high talent and low bust-potential has him get my vote today, but I expect that to change as a few players shed their question marks.

Newton - if he can show Buddy and Chan he has what it takes to be a fast Big Ben-type, I love it and he can sit and learn. But I have too strong doubts about that to pick him with the info at hand now, and his workouts and interview will be huge.

Fairley - I think he will not be the #1 pick, and I would love to have him despite some of the character/motor concerns

Bowers - I think he needs a 4-3, so will be a great football player, but unable to be truly dominant if forced into a 3-4. But like Ngata, I don't like picking on scheme, so would be interested if available.

Quinn - I like the upside a lot, but between the suspension and switching to LB, there are some questions to be answered before he can slide up the board for me.

Green - Could be BPA, but I think WR/DB grades need a little exchange rate, and even if he is better at his position than any of the other guys are at theirs, he will contribute less to winning than the other guys, and with a more complicated BPA calculation he isn't going to be the BPA. No way I even consider him unless I am sure he is BPA.

Amukamara - See Green. If he really is going to knock Revis out of the Pro-Bowl maybe, but this is way to high to take a very good DB.

Peterson - I think will be less of a shutdown corner than Amukamara and we aren't lacking in the return game, so I think he will be overrated and not BPA or need.

Von Miller - I think he has Very Good written all over him, but I don't see great. I want great at #3 and think we have better choices that could be great.

Blaine Gabbert - No thanks, I don't think he is a top five talent. Could be a good QB, but I'm not sold.

Cameron Jordan - Not at #3. Like Miller, a Very Good player, but I don't see him having the chances of being great of the other guys.

I think that Newton's upside is too hard to ignore. He can really take advantage of learning behind Fitzy. I also believe that Gailey is thinking "ahead of the curve" and wants to mentor this kid b/c mobile QB's with his arm AND accuracy are hard to find....plus I wouldn't want to pass on him & watch him blow up somewhere else!

For the $$$ we're gonna spend on pick #3, I'd rather it be on a signal caller. Cam Newton would certainly help sell those flashy new uni's we'll be wearing next season too. Just thoughts.

He has a great upside if you look at him only as an athlete, the problem is he is like Aaron Maybin in that he is a one year wonder, and a one look, and run QB that needs tons of developing in terms of reading defenses, going thru a progression of reads on his receivers, learning a pro offense, ETC. Nobody really has any idea of how the guy will develop until after the combine when the scouts can try and put all the pieces together. As it stands, he has some serious red flags and questions surrounding his past.

Everyone is comparing him to Mike Vick and Vince Young...the one needed prison to get his head straight about being the best he can be, and actually studying film. The latter is still a head case, and was just released by his team, after how many millions they paid him?

Lets face facts here, no way in hell that the Bills select Newton at #3 and he sits and learns behind Fitz. Even if they tried that, the very first bad game Fitz has...in goes Newton.

Anyway, I don't really trust this Bills scouting staff to properly evaluate any player at any position, considering on how many players they whiffed on in the last decade. The head scout does all his work from his home in Fla....he is related to George Costanza.

I would trade down and have a later no 1 and two no 2 picks and two (actually 3) no. 4 picks. we need lots of quality bodies. No one at 3 is going to revolutionize this team.

I agree completely, but I think it's unlikely. giving up a number 2 in order to move up a few spots is a high price to pay. Who would you take at 3 if you couldnt trade out?

He has a great upside if you look at him only as an athlete, the problem is he is like Aaron Maybin in that he is a one year wonder, and a one look, and run QB that needs tons of developing in terms of reading defenses, going thru a progression of reads on his receivers, learning a pro offense, ETC. Nobody really has any idea of how the guy will develop until after the combine when the scouts can try and put all the pieces together. As it stands, he has some serious red flags and questions surrounding his past.

Everyone is comparing him to Mike Vick and Vince Young...the one needed prison to get his head straight about being the best he can be, and actually studying film. The latter is still a head case, and was just released by his team, after how many millions they paid him?

Lets face facts here, no way in hell that the Bills select Newton at #3 and he sits and learns behind Fitz. Even if they tried that, the very first bad game Fitz has...in goes Newton.

Anyway, I don't really trust this Bills scouting staff to properly evaluate any player at any position, considering on how many players they whiffed on in the last decade. The head scout does all his work from his home in Fla....he is related to George Costanza.

-Aaron Maybin was a pretty good one year wonder. Cam Newton might be the best 1 year wonder ever.

-Some people are comparing him to Vick and Young. Some people even compare him to Jamarcus Russell . Doesn't mean they are alike. I don't see it. He's a much more polished QB than both of them were coming out. The biggest question about him as a QB is the 1 read system he played in at Auburn. If I were to compare skill sets, I think Big Ben is similar. But Cam has better wheels and has led his team to a national championship, but has less experience and maybe not as polished.

-